What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Don't be that guy!

Gordon

Staff Lead
Staff Lead
Dev Team
Staff Team
Los Santos Police Command
Los Santos Police Trainer
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When RP goes wrong...

Didn't put much editing into this one, sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
A perfect example of why there should be an age limit lol.  immaturely.  i.e. showing a lack of emotional or intellectual development appropriate for having an intelligent conversation in a situation that involves adult content.

A perfect example of why there should be an age limit lol.  immaturely.  i.e. showing a lack of emotional or intellectual development appropriate for having an intelligent conversation in a situation that involves adult content.
Oy thats not a age thing if 19 year olds acting like a kid of 9 okay age limit alright but still its not a age thingy

I think you took that a bit far Chip the guy just doesnt understand the rules i think , also whats up with all the cops sweating over critical level.🤣😂😂😂😂
hmm, perhaps I have...  And I'm not saying every situation requires a certain maturity level.  Nevertheless, you would agree that in many situations, some content/conversations can only be played out if the person(s) involved have a maturity level to understand how to reply intelligently, or at the very least, appropriately to said content.

Oy thats not a age thing if 19 year olds acting like a kid of 9 okay age limit alright but still its not a age thingy
lol true in many situations. I'm speaking in generalities. Some are more mature than others.  That said, you agree that it takes some degree of life experience, and maturity to know how to respond to any given situation appropriately.   And by life experience, I do not mean who they are playing in the game.  I'm talking about what people learn as they age, and interact with other people.

In an environment such as this,  if only one, or so of the people in RP have the maturity to interact in the given situation, then RP becomes one sided as the mature person(s) try to interact with the other.  That doesn't make for good RP.

In my opinion.  

hmm, perhaps I have...  And I'm not saying every situation requires a certain maturity level.  Nevertheless, you would agree that in many situations, some content/conversations can only be played out if the person(s) involved have a maturity level to understand how to reply intelligently, or at the very least, appropriately to said content.

lol true in many situations. I'm speaking in generalities. Some are more mature than others.  That said, you agree that it takes some degree of life experience, and maturity to know how to respond to any given situation appropriately.   And by life experience, I do not mean who they are playing in the game.  I'm talking about what people learn as they age, and interact with other people.

In an environment such as this,  if only one, or so of the people in RP have the maturity to interact in the given situation, then RP becomes one sided as the mature person(s) try to interact with the other.  That doesn't make for good RP.

In my opinion.  
Yeah i know what you mean mate sometimes i think this people need to learn how to RP but yeah its not a age thing like me im 15 now and im trying to act as mature as possible and yeah the safeguarding rule is a good thing yeah like me some people wants to join Police/NHS/Poseidon but cant because of the wich ofcourse is dissapointing but sometimes i think im happy we have the rule cause of the reason you gave but sometimes what i think is a downpoint of the system is your 16 but you act like a child SOMETIMES can still join the whitelisted factions (ofcourse people can see it right away but still you know what im trying to say)

Yeah i know what you mean mate sometimes i think this people need to learn how to RP but yeah its not a age thing like me im 15 now and im trying to act as mature as possible and yeah the safeguarding rule is a good thing yeah like me some people wants to join Police/NHS/Poseidon but cant because of the wich ofcourse is dissapointing but sometimes i think im happy we have the rule cause of the reason you gave but sometimes what i think is a downpoint of the system is your 16 but you act like a child SOMETIMES can still join the whitelisted factions (ofcourse people can see it right away but still you know what im trying to say)
Yes, I understand what your saying  😉  That is why I added, "I'm speaking in generalities. Some are more mature than others."   And as for joining Police/NHS/Poseidon, some things a person simply needs a certain level of maturity.

And It's not discriminating a persons age so much as it is needing an understanding of how to interact, and RP appropriately.

So maybe they should not look at the age but do a maturity test like a sort of ridealong with the whitelisted faction they wanna join and check there maturity and there roleplaying skills (with police can be like someone from the academy SGT+ or INS+. NHS CST or something like that and poseidon a capo or something like that) and then judge them if they can join or not (ofcourse the TS interview will still be there)

This is my opinion 

Yes, I understand what your saying  😉  That is why I added, "I'm speaking in generalities. Some are more mature than others."   And as for joining Police/NHS/Poseidon, some things a person simply needs a certain level of maturity.

And It's not discriminating a persons age so much as it is needing an understanding of how to interact, and RP appropriately.
Yeah i think the same way as you do thats why i putted the suggestion above

What a headache.

So maybe they should not look at the age but do a maturity test like a sort of ridealong with the whitelisted faction they wanna join and check there maturity and there roleplaying skills (with police can be like someone from the academy SGT+ or INS+. NHS CST or something like that and poseidon a capo or something like that) and then judge them if they can join or not (ofcourse the TS interview will still be there) 
This wouldnt work people can pretend for the course of that patrol.

This wouldnt work people can pretend for the course of that patrol.
Yes but if you apply for (example) the police and you say you can do high quality roleplay but that isn't the case you get more problems and if people really dont know how to RP they will not do it on the "ridealong" 

As a whole, I'd like to say that this video was not made with intention of poking fun at him because of his age, more so the fact that he failed to follow the most basic of rules. It's well known that Age & maturity don't always run parallel, there are many youngens' who are more than capable of adhering to the server rules, and that's fine! I don't believe that introducing an age cap for the whole server is the way forward.

Before Jordan brought setff to Gordon, I was roleplaying with this guy as a medic. He killed himself a couple of times and said that he was going to kill people.
Now I see there was no point reporting him to the police since that roleplay was aweful. Big oof.

EDIT: Well anyways good job on your part for staying calm.

Back