What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Un-ban Appeal - Daley - 12/05/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daley

Unlinked
In-game Name
Daley

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
12/05/19

Member of the team that banned you.
Greg

Reason given for your ban.
RDM

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
There was a gas station robbing, so we went and checked it out. As we were there, the police arrived. They asked us why we had illegal weapons, and so we tried to slowly get away. I managed to get away, and in doing so, they didn't see me and i got away free. We was in the heli looking down on them. As we were looking down on them, the police officer said "I wouldn't take off if I was you" (This was before). We said, if you take off, we can initiate, AS LONG AS THEY INITIATE FIRST! After the heli was leaving, they opened fire, and if I'm right, if a police officer or anyone opens fire on our group, as it is an active gun fight we are allowed to initiate back? In doing so, we did. I didn't kill anyone, but was still banned. An admin on Teamspeak did say that I was correct with that rule.

Why should we unban you ?
I've been a member of the community for a year now. I do love playing this server, and playing with the people around me. I would love if I could be un banned. We didn't do anything wrong, we really didn't! I hope you can take my sympathy and my apology. If I did do anything wrong, I am deeply sorry. I really am. I hope some light can be shed on my mistakes.

LINK TO EVIDENCE:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
as it is an active gun fight we are allowed to initiate back?
2991a8521d16c1cc27423d1678e93f2b.png

Now a gunfight would involve 2 parties exchanging fire using guns. In the video you can clearly see that there is no exchange of fire instead the police are trying to disable the hummingbird that was taking off so that they could continue their roleplay of seizing your friends firearms. Would you really consider that an "active gunfight"?

Now you were banned for a breach of rule 2.2 so let's go more in depth on that one 

(2.2) Random Deathmatch (also known as RDM) - Shooting at someone without engaging in any form of quality role play is considered RDM.

Now could you kindly point me to exactly in the video there was any roleplay given from your side? the way I see it your friends on the ground barely gave the police any roleplay because they were too busy giving you guys tactical information without hot-micing it. After that they take off without saying anything to the police basically forcing the police to try and take out the hummingbird. 

Now at 1:30 we can also see you using the group menu to see how many "plebs" are online. How come you claim you done nothing wrong when this is clearly a breach of metagaming?

• Eggplant
Reactions: Riz

Now a gunfight would involve 2 parties exchanging fire using guns. In the video you can clearly see that there is no exchange of fire instead the police are trying to disable the hummingbird that was taking off so that they could continue their roleplay of seizing your friends firearms. Would you really consider that an "active gunfight"?

Now you were banned for a breach of rule 2.2 so let's go more in depth on that one 

(2.2) Random Deathmatch (also known as RDM) - Shooting at someone without engaging in any form of quality role play is considered RDM.

Now could you kindly point me to exactly in the video there was any roleplay given from your side? the way I see it your friends on the ground barely gave the police any roleplay because they were too busy giving you guys tactical information without hot-micing it. After that they take off without saying anything to the police basically forcing the police to try and take out the hummingbird. 

Now at 1:30 we can also see you using the group menu to see how many "plebs" are online. How come you claim you done nothing wrong when this is clearly a breach of metagaming?
How would I know if it was the plebs anyways. If you don't want people looking at how many people are online, why have the feature there? I'm not trying to be rude, and I completely respects your points, and yes you are right, but I wasn't necessarily pointing the finger towards them. I said "Plebs". Then "Extraordinary Basterds". I checked because we are rivaled to them.

Next. Can you explain to me, how it was RDM? I did not damage anyone, nor did I kill. I simply fired at them. Yes, the attempt was to do some sort of damage to them, as I thought that when an Officer shoots at our group, or anyone be it, that we are allowed to fight back, as we are protecting our group. We were scoping them waiting for some sort of gun fire to appear. I also clarified this point with one of the Staff members in Teamspeak, and he said I was correct. I'm just a bit confused, how you're saying one thing, yet he says another.

I do fully understand I was hot-micing, and for that I am sorry, and I should've known better, considering I have read the rules two-three times.

I do have a video of before, where I was on the ground, but I did leave and make it to the Helicopter.

I'm not sure if I will get un-banned, and I do see your viewpoints, and I respect them fully. I'm not asking for forgiveness, but a second chance. If I didn't like this server, I wouldn't be writing so much, to fight my corner and apologise. If there is anything else that I have done wrong, or you would like to say, I'd be glad to hear it.

Sorry for wasting yours, as well as the Staff Teams time

Regards

Daley

Shooting at someone without engaging in any form of quality role play is considered RDM
This is what rule 2.2 states

I simply fired at them.
The keyword there is "at" rule 2.2 clearly states that firing AT someone without any quality roleplay is RDM

why have the feature there?
Are you suggestion that we remove the entire group system just because of metagaming? There will always be ways to metagame information, whether it be on a group menu or player list. 

I also clarified this point with one of the Staff members in Teamspeak, and he said I was correct.
Could you please tell me which staff member this was? 

We were scoping them waiting for some sort of gun fire to appear.
I will refer you to our rule against baiting (3.7) Baiting - Baiting for the sake of a gunfight is not roleplay. Punishment is a ban.
Now I'd argue that waiting around for shots to happen whilst your friends on the ground are providing next to no roleplay would be considered baiting. The main issue here is that your side of the group provided next to no RP and then started shooting the second shots started flying off. 

• Eggplant
This is what rule 2.2 states

The keyword there is "at" rule 2.2 clearly states that firing AT someone without any quality roleplay is RDM

Are you suggestion that we remove the entire group system just because of metagaming? There will always be ways to metagame information, whether it be on a group menu or player list. 

Could you please tell me which staff member this was? 

I will refer you to our rule against baiting (3.7) Baiting - Baiting for the sake of a gunfight is not roleplay. Punishment is a ban.
Now I'd argue that waiting around for shots to happen whilst your friends on the ground are providing next to no roleplay would be considered baiting. The main issue here is that your side of the group provided next to no RP and then started shooting the second shots started flying off. 
Right. If I'm fully honest I did not know that the situation would be classified as baiting. That's my first apology (or my second theoretically). Next, I cannot remember the Staff members name, I'll go look in Team speak in a minute, and see if I can pick him out. Lastly I suppose, the "RDM". I did not know that firing bullet "At" them, is counted as RDM. I thought RDM was when someone were to do damage to another player.

I do see where you are coming from fully with the "your side of the group provided next to no RP and then started shooting the second shots started flying off." I guess we should have known better as to not shoot at them, considering there was no RP.

I really don't know what else to say. I love playing this server, but if the Punishment is what I have to take, then so be it. I can't forcefully change your mind, but only fight my corner. I did not see where I had gone wrong at the time, but I do see now. This has definitely shed light on my mistakes, and they will not be made/happen again.

I do thank you for taking the time to read my post, and acknowledge my points, as well correct them.

I hope I can help correct people on the same mistakes in the future, and I will be giving those rules another read. Banned or not.

Yet again, thank you for your time, and thank all of the Staff team, for helping make the server enjoyable.

Regards

Daley

Now I might've been a bit harsh on you here. But I want to make it clear to you that the only person responsible for your bullets are YOU this means that you need to make sure that high quality roleplay has been provided before you open fire. At the end of the day I see where you are coming from but it doesn't change the facts that your friends at the ground provided barely no roleplay to the police and then tried to escape. What could've easily been done is that your friends try to negotiate with the police and if that were to fail make it clear that there are multiple armed rebels that will open fire upon the police if anything were to happen to their helicopter upon takeoff. 

Now @Daley I will be unbanning you I hope to see better from you and the people you hang around with. I'd recommend that only let someone you trust do the talking and if you can tell them to hot mic it so you can deem yourself whether it's high quality before shooting. 

Now do remember that someone shooting upon your heli is a threat to life and can be enough for you to retaliate but this only counts if you are one of the passengers of pilots, it does not allow your friends to shoot unless you it has been stated before. Ex. Cop:"If you try and get in and fly away in the helicopter I will unfortunately disable it" Rebel:"I'm sorry officer but I'd prefer if you didn't do that as I believe my friends that are around wouldn't like that and might try to shoot back if you were to shoot my helicopter"  
Obviously that's just an example and in reality we hope that there would be more roleplay in there but I don't feel like writing out and entire script in here, I hope you get the idea behind it and if you don't feel free to send me a PM on the forums.

Now as said you are unbanned, do not disappoint I think you can do a lot better then what this situation showed.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Eggplant
Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

• Eggplant
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back