What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

More than one monitor but less than three.

Romly

Hi.

You shouldn't pour milk in your tea until after you've taken your teabag out. Trust me try it, it WILL change your life.

So I was thinking about getting dual monitors so I can have temspak on one monitor and Arma on the other. 

Q1. Do I need a graphics card per monitor to run well even if I'm only playing games on one?

Q2. Do you think Theresa May used Colgate toothpaste or some special government provided stuff.

Q3. Please may people recommend the dual monitors that they have to me so that I could purchase them for myself.

Romly

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you go dual monitor you will never go back, and additionally when you add more (if you do) you wont want to go back either.

Q1. No you do not need a graphics card per monitor, however performance will be affected depending on the card (majority of newer cards can support 2+ monitors at a minimum).

Q2. Theresa May uses Colgate non microbead toothpaste #BanSingleUsePlastic

Q3. What is the total budget for the monitors? What is the use case?

I'm currently using 3 monitors + 1 TV. My current setup is

2x 24" Acer S240HLBID - These are getting old now, but they run all my day to day stuff.

1x 24.5" AOC G2590VXQ - Used above for reference texts (Wiki sites, language manuals) / and sometimes video depending on what I'm doing.

1x 40" Sharp TV - Used for videos/movies when away from the desk / in bed.

@Stealthee 

THank you 4 yor respond.

I have Oracle Cease Denmark. (OCD) and I wouldn't sleep right if my two monitors weren't the same make and size. In fact I might actually have a seizure thinking about it. My budget it probably £250 per monitor. I was looking for myself but I don't really know what the fuck I'm looking at to be honest.

Romly

@Stealthee 

THank you 4 yor respond.

I have Oracle Cease Denmark. (OCD) and I wouldn't sleep right if my two monitors weren't the same make and size. In fact I might actually have a seizure thinking about it. My budget it probably £250 per monitor. I was looking for myself but I don't really know what the fuck I'm looking at to be honest.

Romly
What sort of use are you looking at?

Am I safe in saying gaming?

I'm not 100% up to date with monitors as they are constantly getting better and constantly getting new rgb lights and settings... Best places to look are reviews on youtube probably.

ASUS VG248QE had them in a dual monitor setup and were quality for what needed to be done. 

Hi.

You shouldn't pour milk in your tea until after you've taken your teabag out. Trust me try it, it WILL change your life.

So I was thinking about getting dual monitors so I can have temspak on one monitor and Arma on the other. 

Q1. Do I need a graphics card per monitor to run well even if I'm only playing games on one?

Q2. Do you think Theresa May used Colgate toothpaste or some special government provided stuff.

Q3. Please may people recommend the dual monitors that they have to me so that I could purchase them for myself.

Romly
WTF !!!

You do know if you put the milk in after you get the scum on the top of the tea, This is caused by the cell walls of the tea leaf bursting due to the temprature, the oils (scum floating on the tea this is also the stuff that stains everything) has a certain taste to it, so you probably already prefer having your milk in after, but just know why.

1 card is good enough, but you will always take a frame hit if the gpu is the bottleneck.

nah, colgate is a peasant brand.

if your only using the second monitor for extra info, dont worry about matching, looks nice but not worth £100's to look pretty, just grab a 1080p monitor off ebay for secondary display. A.K.A dont buy a gaming monitor to display TS & webpages

if you go triple, get matching with thin bezel.

Last edited by a moderator:
What sort of use are you looking at?

Am I safe in saying gaming?

I'm not 100% up to date with monitors as they are constantly getting better and constantly getting new rgb lights and settings... Best places to look are reviews on youtube probably.
Si, gaming my frien. I will search you utub plat4rm.

ASUS VG248QE had them in a dual monitor setup and were quality for what needed to be done. 
Hiy Mister Soal.

U use past tens witch maiks me wori? Is it shiyt now? Me no undersit.

WTF !!!

You do know if you put the milk in after you get the scum on the top of the tea, This is caused by the cell walls of the tea leaf bursting due to the temprature, the oils (scum floating on the tea this is also the stuff that stains everything) has a certain taste to it, so you probably already prefer having your milk in after, but just know why.

1 card is good enough, but you will always take a frame hit if the gpu is the bottleneck.

nah, colgate is a peasant brand.

if your only using the second monitor for extra info, dont worry about matching, looks nice but not worth £100's to look pretty, just grab a 1080p monitor off ebay for secondary display. A.K.A dont buy a gaming monitor to display TS & webpages

if you go triple, get matching with thin bezel.
I can stand by your computer related answers. But if I had to judge you on the others lets just say you're a big meanie. 

Fenk u 4 taykin time 4 repond

Monitor choice would depend on what your main use is, monitors focusing on gaming are generally garbage with colour accuracy as they tend to be TN panels - a big no if you do any kind of graphics work.

Personally I run a GSync monitor (Acer XB270H A) as my primary/centre monitor with IPS monitors either side (LG 22EA53VQs).

I've posted my setup here before 

Back