What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Report a Player - CI Ant Arni - Glitcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild Wiisy

Your In-game name

Wiisy Atlas

Name of the player(s) you are reporting

CI Ant Arni

Date of the incident

27/05/19

Time of the incident (GMT)

What best describes this incident ?

Glitcher

Which server did the incident take place on

Server 1

Please (in detail) describe the incident

There is a gun fight between Police and Poseidon, one of their members (Ant Arni) was sitting in the water glitching/sharking. So in the video you can see him combat standing/crouching in the water so he cannot be shot and get an unfair advantage. At the end Ant Anri kills me, it's proof it is him. He does it several times during this video, he is clearly aware of what he is doing.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot)

https://plays.tv/video/5cec4a67e0fbc6137b/-
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!

Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting

No

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans)

Yes

So in the video you can see him combat standing/crouching in the water so he cannot be shot and get an unfair advantage
This is an intended Arma 3 mechanic and is completely counter-able - for one, I can only stay under for so long and have to go up for a while the longer I stay under giving you an opportunity to kill me. For two, you can use weaponry specifically designed to be used under water such as the SDAR. If Bohemia didn't want it this way it would have been out the game years ago.

Hiding underneath the water is not an exploit - you yourself were hiding under the water when I was shooting you as you were swimming across to those rocks after you came up for a breath (shown in the video), were you exploiting? Or is it only exploiting because it happened to you? I don't really get it. You're hiding under the water after I shoot at you, I'm hiding in the water after I shoot at you - you're assuming that the interpretation of the rules is that one is allowed and the other isn't?

It's literally just a tactic and isn't unfair at all considering the various counters to it. Not only that, but it is a very common tactic that I haven't seen anyone punished for in 3 years I've been here so I have no idea why there is a report up on this - when it happens to us we just have to find a way around it rather than putting a report up because we're annoyed at how they're outplaying us.

Using your argument I could say someone sitting in a blackfish or an owned house is exploiting as I can't shoot him with my mk20; the counter is to use a different weapon that can penetrate through, or wait for him to expose himself, as would be the same in this situation. It's not rocket science. For another example it's not so different to someone back packing their weapon and us being unable to confirm whether or not they're involved in the situation - it's annoying but there are counters.

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting

No
y?

Last edited by a moderator:
There have been some interpretation issues in regards to this issue right here but as some might know, in the past people have been warned. 
After consulting with our Development team we are classing this as glitching.

The Arma engine tries to keep you above water when the unit is not yet in the swimming state, this however doesn't really work properly at particular depth ranges in water where the engine appears to have some thresholds set incorrectly, presumably forgetting about the combat stances when they were set; this allows players (intentionally or otherwise) to remain under the water and as such results in a unintended state which was utilised to gain an advantage in the video provided.
What was utilised in this one was the combat stances. Forcing your body under the water comepletely when not in the swimming animation is regarded  glitching.

This can be done without realising so i urge people when encountering these rather rare situations to atleast talk to the guy. This time it was not a mistake as per explanation in the defence and we are dealing with it as such. 

@Ant Arni You have an interesting history. But since this now set a precedent in terms how we deal with these cases a warning for 2.4  will be put on you. 
Because of your rather colorful history throughout 2018 this will also be a FINAL WARNING. For any rulebreak in the future a permanent ban will be issued.

Your report has been dealt with, but perhaps not in the way you originally envisaged.

Whether this is beneficial or disadvantageous to you will depend entirely on the situation, and staff will have taken the most-appropriate action in the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back