What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Arma 3 running slow in combat

Connahh

Ok so I have had this problem for a while now and is getting kinda in playble .It seems whenever I am in combat i drop from 40-60fps down to 5 and I was wondering what should help (I have my graphics down) I’m gonna be upgrading to an SSD and be getting 8gb more ram will that work if not how could I fix this? specs:

66462806-AA6E-40FC-8AC1-A7316403C28A.jpeg

More RAM and putting it on an SSD should definitely help, your other specs look pretty in line with other people who don’t drop down to 5fps in combat 

You would be best off using some programs to monitor/graph the utilisation of your hardware, looking at what is running high while playing and acting on that.
Ant Arni's suggestions are solid though, SSDs are a must in a modern system to me and 8GB of RAM is on the low side nowadays.

You would be best off using some programs to monitor/graph the utilisation of your hardware, looking at what is running high while playing and acting on that.
Ant Arni's suggestions are solid though, SSDs are a must in a modern system to me and 8GB of RAM is on the low side nowadays.
Any suggested programs?

More RAM and putting it on an SSD should definitely help, your other specs look pretty in line with other people who don’t drop down to 5fps in combat 
Okay thanks you 

You say you have your settings on the lowest if you mean the lowest possible raise them to around medium as arma uses more cpu on the lower settings 

Another 8gb of ram would be useful as when I had 8gb arma used to use it all

Getting an SSD improved my performance a lot due to arma maxing my hdd out.  I now only have SSD’s in my pc

Reducing the view distance makes a big difference so if your fighting in a town turn it down to 500 in the Altis life setting menu in your tablet

Last edited by a moderator:
You say you have your settings on the lowest if you mean the lowest possible raise them to around medium as arma uses more cpu on the lower settings 

Another 8gb of ram would be useful as when I had 8gb arma used to use it all

Getting an SSD improved my performance a lot due to arma maxing my hdd out.  I now only have SSD’s in my pc

Reducing the view distance makes a big difference so if your fighting in a town turn it down to 500 in the Altis life setting menu in your tablet
That lowest graphic thing is surprising

are you running windows 10 if so one stick of 8gb ram is only running single channel match another stick and put it in correct slot for duel channel that will defo help

are you running windows 10 if so one stick of 8gb ram is only running single channel match another stick and put it in correct slot for duel channel that will defo help
You can use 1 stick of RAM in a dual channel motherboard but it won't be running in dual channel mode, only single channel. In order to run your system in dual channel mode you'll need a second stick of RAM. Also you  say you have 1x8bg ram windows 10 uses about 4gb max so your only getting 4gb in single channel mode 

So basically i had 8gb of ram on 2 4gb sticks and arma uses right under 8 gb of ram sometimes it needs more so i would advise you get more ram.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back