What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Escalating problem with poor RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adonis

Hi,

I am sure this topic has been covered countless times, but I feel as though a certain group (not naming, but you all know who) of "rebels" lately has been relying on piss-poor RP to rob and kill people on a scale I've not seen before on this server. Just look at the game feed and you will know who and what I'm talking about. Some of these players have already had their "last warning" more than once it seems.

The aggressor always has the upper hand. When I see someone approaching me with assault rifles raised and aimed at me, I'm not yet at liberty to open defensive fire because RP hasn't been initiated. Playing by the rules, I am always the one who has to yield because "hands up or I shoot" simply gives no other alternative than to bend over backwards or accept your fate and get shot.

Just this weekend, this certain "group" attacked our hemtt convoy. They stopped our first hemtt after shouting "stop now or we shoot" and proceeded to shoot the driver instantly. At this point I was further back in the convoy and hadn't heard the (poor excuse of) RP being initated.  I didn't even have the time to speak a single word. They shot the entire convoy.

They attempt this many times a day, most of the time we manage to drive away. Thing is, when before we would tend to pull over and RP the situation, this is no longer viable because the quality of RP is something a 12 year old would be capable of. Some people are here to deathmatch and RP is only a hindrance to them.

Why even bother when there are koth servers out there though?

This post literally does nothing but incite drama

What do you actually hope to achieve with this? Put a report up if their RP really is that bad

Last edited by a moderator:
Just report them if you have evidence against them as you are saying.

They'll just get another "final" warning. Why is it being tolerated though? 

Also there's a fundamental problem if approaching with an AR raised and aimed can't be regarded as aggressive initiation, always leading to the aforementioned scenario.

They'll just get another "final" warning. Why is it being tolerated though? 

Also there's a fundamental problem if approaching with an AR raised and aimed can't be regarded as aggressive initiation, always leading to the aforementioned scenario.
Who are you even talking about lol?  Why indirect just mention names and at least they can respond directly ?

Who are you even talking about lol?  Why indirect just mention names and at least they can respond directly ?
Because this isn't about the one player or one situation. I could just report that. This is about the general state of rp. It seems more lenient than back in the ALUK days. Just watching the game feed sums it up pretty well. 

What would be a better way to resolve the issue? Do the rules favour poor rp in aggressive confrontations? Should there be a stricter stance towards poor rp instead of numerous warnings?

There isn't anything wrong with saying things like stop the vehicle or it/tires will be disabled. On a moving vehicle there is little more you can squeeze in before it has moved on. Then giving it time to comply before shooting is fair enough.

Would I be correct in saying it is the cases of Stop or you will be ripped out of it and then immediately getting ripped that you are mostly annoyed by?

Because this isn't about the one player or one situation. I could just report that. This is about the general state of rp. It seems more lenient than back in the ALUK days. Just watching the game feed sums it up pretty well. 

What would be a better way to resolve the issue? Do the rules favour poor rp in aggressive confrontations? Should there be a stricter stance towards poor rp instead of numerous warnings?
You said in the main post it is about one group of players?

but I feel as though a certain group

Just this weekend, this certain "group"

TL:DR someone is getting way too many kills so i think they have shit rp

Thats what i gathered here. Just because someone is killing people means he is baiting, maybe he is unlucjy and keeps being robbed, maybe he robs people but they dont want to surrender, maybe he is camping the red zones,there is many reasons why someone would be getting kills often, unless you have a vid of a specific gang (which you should report and not complain on a normal post) this just looks like someone who is jealous that someone is getting kills.

I have no problem outshooting him, if this was outright deathmatch I'd be laughing myself silly. 

But this server is about RP, not deathmatch with a poor semblance of RP.

Like the other people said,stop trying to create riddles for us.If they have indeed had such a shit track record and are on their last warning report them if you have footage of their shit rp and 'deathmatching' and they will get dealt with,easy as that.

Fine, let's just go down the report path and act as though rp hasn't deteriorated as of late. It's not just one player, rules should be stricter in regards to poor rp.

Fine, let's just go down the report path and act as though rp hasn't deteriorated as of late. It's not just one player, rules should be stricter in regards to poor rp.
That is why the report system is there,so that people who have been undermining the rules of the server and who do not live up to the standards of RP get removed

Obviously I'd rather not resort to reporting and simply have players who are on the server for the rp. Still think rules need to be less favourable toward the aggressor.

not deathmatch with a poor semblance of RP.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back