What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Endless loop

Javier

So earlier on today I was setting up my desk and putting my pc on the new stand, I had accidently knocked the power button, as I sit up my hand was under the power cable and thus unplugged it. I then finish sorting my desk and boot up my pc to come to "Preparing automatic Repair" it then goes to the blue screen and I just decide to troubleshoot and boot up in safe mode. But it did it again.. I did a third time and it happened again. I then decide to look it up and I've tried all of the suggestions and none of them have worked. My PC is a pre-built Lenovo. Around 2 years old now. I just really hope this doesn't mean I can't use it anymore as I wouldn't be able to get a new one. Thanks for taking the time for reading.

What do you mean by "accidently knocked the power button" do you mean the switch at the back near your PSU?

No, the power button is on the front and as I've moved the PC forward the power button was pushed on, cheers for the reply 

So you turned it on by pressing the button by accident and then pulled the plug to turn it off?

Turned in by accident, never meant to intentionally pull the plug, as I said hand was under the wire and as I've went to sit up to turn it off i've knocked the power cable.

Ok, thats never good for your computer obviously however it shouldnt be causing a blue screen on loadup.

1. Can you enter BIOS 

2. What's your computer doing specifically when it blue screens

3. Specs? (always useful to know them)

1, Nope.

2, It starts to boot up and on the manufacturer logo it says under it "Preparing automatic Repair" then goes to blue screen after 10 seconds. Then all i see is "Continue and Troubleshoot"

3. Sadly I do not.,Cheers 

Do you know how to open up your pc and look inside? Pretty unlikely but if you do then might be worth it to make sure everything is plugged in right and nothing was damaged when you knocked your pc.

Also, does your pc make any sounds when it boots up?

No doesn't make any noise apart from the fan. But to clarify it wasn't pushed over it was just the power switched which got knocked

No doesn't make any noise apart from the fan. But to clarify it wasn't pushed over it was just the power switched which got knocked
Do the standard thing, open the pc, take out the ram and put it back in, make sure every wire going out of the psu is plugged in well to whatever it powers, let us know if anything changes.

try putting a windows image onto a usb and boot from that to repair the current windows installation

I thank everyone who has made an attempt in helping with this, i really appreciate it, but i decided to factory reset the PC and it seems to be working now, Cheers

Back