What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Un-ban Appeal - LewisMackinnon_UNBAN - 20/06/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
In-game Name
Lewis Mackinnon

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
04/02/18

Member of the team that banned you.
It doesn't say.

Reason given for your ban.
Rule 10

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
Well, initially I had literally no idea, to be honest. I never played the server all that much and didn't even realise that I was banned for quite some time. More recently, I've been looking into once again playing on the server and getting involved, however, obviously, this has caused some complications. After asking the community manager that was online, I have found that I was banned for advertising. Now, this isn't something I could ever see myself doing nor remember me doing in the past. However, upon explanation, I do see the reasoning. I have previously been a developer on another server at the time and invited a few of my friends on Steam to come and play, however, some of these friends were also apart of the Roleplay.co.uk Steam group. Now, I do want to make this clear that I wasn't targeting members of the group, simply my friends. I had no malicous intent behind my actions and i hope you can believe me when I say that.

Why should we unban you ?
Well, there's not a vast amount that I can say in relation to this. However, I do promise that none of my actions was intentional nor done in a malicious way. I was simply inviting a few of my friends to join a server I had been doing some work on over a year ago now and all I'm looking to do is play and enjoy myself without any drama or issue. I hope that you'll give me that chance.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

I do want to make this clear that I wasn't targeting members of the group, simply my friends.
So i looked at your steamaccount, You got 15 friends none of them play here. 
So you really wanna stick with i only wanted to invite friends, Or do you decide to actually tell the truth? 

So i looked at your steamaccount, You got 15 friends none of them play here. 
So you really wanna stick with i only wanted to invite friends, Or do you decide to actually tell the truth? 
I am completely telling the truth. Obviously my friends list on Steam has changed in over a year... Before I did a massive clear of my friends list, I had something like 106 friends. All of whom pretty much only played ArmA. I'm not here to lie or bullshit - I'm here to play a game and have some fun. I see no need for drama or anything like that and I've never been one to lie in general, let alone on gaming community...

How come you are interested in coming to our community?
Quite frankly, I'm simply looking to have some fun again on a community that I know has a good reputation. A group of mates and I are all hoping to start playing here once again and see how we can get along, but I seem to be holding that up. So, honestly, just wanting to have some fun.

To give you some more detail regarding your ban, you were banned as you were affiliated at the time with a new startup RP community (Seemingly now closed) going by the name of "Serenity RP" who thought it'd be smart to send out invitations to said new community to members of the RoleplayUK Steam Group.

It's also worth noting that you're currently staff on another AltisLife server.

Could you shed some light into what happened with Serenity, more specifically your involvement with it?

To give you some more detail regarding your ban, you were banned as you were affiliated at the time with a new startup RP community (Seemingly now closed) going by the name of "Serenity RP" who thought it'd be smart to send out invitations to said new community to members of the RoleplayUK Steam Group.

It's also worth noting that you're currently staff on another AltisLife server.

Could you shed some light into what happened with Serenity, more specifically your involvement with it?
I was a member of its development team at the time and worked to improve it with a friend of mine. As I stated, I invited my own personaal friends, they apparently were just apart of the steam group also. As for my staff position elsewhere, I don't beleive that really affects my playing here? I'm simply looking to have some fun? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough,

In regards to you being staff elsewhere, it's not an issue in itself, however it's been the case in the past that staff on other servers simply come here to mess around, break rules and become a general nuisance.

On this occasion, I will be unbanning you. Please make sure you've had a thorough read of the server rules.

UNBANNED

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back