What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Un-ban Appeal - LiL Jeep - 01/07/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1L

In-game Name
Jeep Triton

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
30/06/19

Member of the team that banned you.
Gurlanin

Reason given for your ban.
RDM

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
Link to report:

(2.2) Random Deathmatch (also known as RDM) - Shooting at someone without engaging in any form of quality role play is considered RDM. (eg. Giving enough time for them to comply with your order. Count downs are not considered quality roleplay, please at least attempt to create an interesting roleplay story before considering shooting.) Punishment is a ban.

Why should we unban you ?
I would like to question the statement of ‘’lack of gunfight’’, when can you consider a gunfight to begin or even finish? it's not uncommon for people to wait for a opponent to lower their guard and take them out when they least expect it, leading to long breaks between shots being fired. Along with this ‘’as there was not sufficient high quality RP prior to you pulling the trigger’’ how can this be considered a reason for my ban? if i had been the first one to kill James i can see how its relevant but once the fight is on do you expect me to go up to every single armed rebel and make sure they receive roleplay before they get shot? i think we can all agree that this is simply not how gunfights work.

‘’Yes, he did have help on the way, but Jeep how could you possibly know that when (as far as I can tell) it was never mentioned?’’ Personally i have never been a fan of the popularization of the template initiation we all know as ‘’Friends and allies in the area’’ but that's a suggestion for another time. This is a statement based on hypotheticals and unfortunately we don't have an footage on our end and when we get cases like this where players provide low quality role play and start a gun fight based on it, am i not allowed to defend my self and my comrades?

Yes in a perfect world the situation would be over when James was taken out in the video but considering our/my side of it we expected him to have back up and with his initiation being of such low quality we assumed the worse and prepared for a fight. On Top of this during any hostile situation it's commonly considered fair game to engage anyone with a weapon drawn as you have a right to defend yourself. I might be wrong but the reporting party seemed like they where new players and where not aware of the server rules along with the common sense that is usually passed along by older experienced players of the community.

As i mentioned in the report there was one guy who stood over the guys who i shot and never had a single bullet fired at him, if anything this proves that i wasn't trying to eliminate as many of them as possible and I never fired a shot without confirming the target.

In my eyes, Deathyy assumed that he was safe based on nothing but his perception of how the situation should turn out. If he would’ve had more experience in the community he would know that it's common sense to not walk onto a active scene where shots have been fired (something he was clearly aware about) and have a weapon in your hands. IF he had no hostile intention then he would have left the gun on his back or in his backpack. However these are all assumptions i make based on my own experience within the community and i can i see how it would be viewed as RDM from a third party with the evidence presented.

I this case the Role play was provided between James and Tuna before the fight kicked off and i was banned as collateral for killing rodri who walked onto the scene armed to the teeth and ready to fight.

In short, i shot a man who carelessly walked on to a active gunfight with a weapon in his hands. In the absolute worse case there plainly was not enough evidence and at best it quite well was indeed a gunfight which are fairly significant circumstances.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
When reading through your appeal what I see is that you still believe that you had no wrongdoing. If you believe that you should not have gotten the ban I'm going to assume that you took some steps to get your case reviewed by, assumingly, contacting the staff leads. As you posted this appeal I am going to assume (feel free to correct me) that that attempt did not get the ban lifted, and thus it seemed that the ban was justified (again correct me if wrong). The purpose of an unban appeal is not for me to distinguish whether your ban was 'justified' or if there was enough evidence for you to be banned, but the purpose of an appeal is whether to decide you will be welcomed back to play or whether you will not. 

What you currently typed in the : "Why should we unban you?", explains to me why you were banned and what your views on this ban are however they do not make it clear to me why I should unban you. So my question to you is. Why should we unban you?

Also I noticed that you ticked "no" on the "Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.". Can I assume that this was done mistakenly or..? 

@LiL Jeep

While i do disagree with the ban and the grounds it was based on i have not contacted staff leads in regards to it, i won't sit her and tell you I've changed and that i will be better next time as my actions where not disruptive and or destructive to the state of role play within this community because i didn't and never had any intention to break any rules as explained in the original post.  I have had a clean record for all my time here with a great reputation of high quality role play as rebel, police, NHS and Poseidon as it is something i take great pride in and will resume with, this is why i think you should unban me. 

Also I noticed that you ticked "no" on the "Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.". Can I assume that this was done mistakenly or..? 

@LiL Jeep
This is true, my mistake.  @KingGodDiabloZ

What, if anything, would you do differently in the future Jeep? 

What, if anything, would you do differently in the future Jeep? 
IF i where put in that same situation again i would wait until that unknown person actively engages themselves in the fight/situation as to give them a chance to on their own terms get a better scope of the it and act on what they learn. @Qrow

Your answer indicates that you would allow the other person to demonstrate that he is fair game to be shot, but what I'd like to see from you Jeep is a willingness to approach in order to engage in roleplay, do you think that is something that you would be able to manage? How do you think that would go? 

i would be more than capable of such a approach, infact i had one of exactly that character with the guy who didn't present a weapon in this exact situation. i approached him just after we determined it safe and asked him his story. he explained that i had murdered his friends and that they had nothing to do with the first incounter. i would guess that this would be simmilar to how the situation alternatively could have played out. its likely that they would have retaliated and developed a new situation where we could have had a more in depth conversation along with some proper roleplay. Or we could have spooked them off with some cheeky stories about what Poseidon does with friends of those who attack our comrades @Qrow

What I personally really appreciate is the honesty in your appeal. While you disagree with your ban, which is completely fine for you to do, you still stay respectful and argue your case without becoming mad. You don't use the standard answers of: "I'm a changed man now and will never do it again", but instead you tell what you really are going to do. I really appreciate this and you earned my respect for that. Apart from one warning you have a clean record and you are not known as a trouble-maker, and everyone makes mistakes every now and then. As long as you learn from them! I'm more then happy to give you the option to continue to perform your duties within the community!

Welcome back.

Unbanned

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back