What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Un-ban Appeal - James5567 - 15/07/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

James5567

In-game Name
Hammond

Steam ID
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058523964/

The date of your ban.
15/07/19

Member of the team that banned you.
Meeloo

Reason given for your ban.
2.2,7.1.3 (Forum Report)

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I had not carried a high enough quality of roleplay.

Why should we unban you ?
Prior to this event I have had no issues with the staff/admin's of RoleplayUK. I am a "first time offender". Post reading the rules I had spoken with an in-game police officer whom I asked to explain to me an effective way to initiate robberies etc in game. I was told that effective RP is important and that 3 main characteristics should be included. 1) You must make clear what you want the player to do (I.E place their hands on their head). 2) You must make clear what will happen in the event they (the player) do not comply with your commands (i.e I will shoot if you do not comply). 3) Make clear that they have a timeframe to comply with what you have demanded (I.e I'm giving you 30 seconds to comply to this command). I had obtained this additional information post reading the rules and therefor had taken the information supplied by a whitelisted member very seriously. I can now see that following this information doesn't supply a high enough level of Roleplay as required per the RoleplayUK rule set. I can certainly learn from this mistake and carry my newfound knowledge of how to properly engage and carry through events a high quality RP into the rest of my time in Altis in the event I am unbanned.
I appreciate the time taken to review my ban and its consideration.

Many Thanks, Hammond

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

1) You must make clear what you want the player to do (I.E place their hands on their head). 2) You must make clear what will happen in the event they (the player) do not comply with your commands (i.e I will shoot if you do not comply). 3) Make clear that they have a timeframe to comply with what you have demanded (I.e I'm giving you 30 seconds to comply to this command).
have you actually watched the report? 
what you all above stated was misisng in your roleplay. 

1.  all what you stated you wanted was hands up. 
  2. Never told the guy what would happen if he ignored your warning. All what you said was dont test me. 
  3. You started shooting before you even finished your sentence. 
This was really poor roleplay from your part. So tell me how will you aproach a situation like this in the future? 

Firstly I have not seen the report, I am unaware that I am able to do view it. 

Secondly, I cannot explain why in that moment having known the rules, that I did not present with a high enough quality of RP.

Third, I had mentioned to the guy not to turn towards me. He did just that with a weapon in hand. Due to this and the intensity of the moment I feared that he would begin firing with said weapon and therefor I took it upon myself to shoot first. I was wrong to do this. 

Finally, How would I approach the situation in the future? 

I will make sure that each of my encounters do contain the considered "high quality roleplay" information (I.e what you want them to do, what will happen in the event they ignore you and additionally a fair time frame (previously I would have given a small time frame 10-30 seconds). I believe that if I structure all of my encounters to follow a good roleplay checklist then I can maintain high quality roleplay in-game for the remainder of my time in all situations (that is in the event I am unbanned). 

Thanks, Hammond

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So i can tell you to go to 19 mins in the video, Thats wer eyou pop up. Have a look at this video. And tell me what you think is wrong here... 

Firstly thank you for posting this. 

Having reviewed the video it appears that ultimately this entire situation could have been avoided. As I previously mentioned I was worried that when this guy had turned to face me that he would have shot and killed me. Therefor I figured that it would be best to shoot first. I now understand that with this guy's movie in the backround, why he would have had such a difficult time hearing what I was saying and therefor he turns to me. 

I felt that I had the general premise of RP in how I contacted this guy, however I hadn't really included enough detail. 

Initially I had said "hands up" followed by "don't test me, you have five seconds or I am going to shoot you". These issues I can identify here are as follows : 

1) I had not stated what would happen in the event that he hadn't placed his hands in the air.

2) I should have given more time than the previous 5 seconds. This isn't a realistic timeframe for players to comply and understand what you want. 

I believe that I had the core rules in mind, but had not met their true expectations. I without question could improve my roleplay. 

I do however feel that this situation was somewhat unlucky in that the gentleman had a film playing in the backround and this had clearly disrupted his ability to hear in-game. Nevertheless, I am glad that I have had an opportunity to review this situation as it has highlighted areas in which I can improve (Primarily my ability to roleplay). 

Thanks, Hammond

I do however feel that this situation was somewhat unlucky in that the gentleman had a film playing in the backround and this had clearly disrupted his ability to hear in-game. Nevertheless, I am glad that I have had an opportunity to review this situation as it has highlighted areas in which I can improve (Primarily my ability to roleplay). 
i could perfectly hear, what were saying. So try not to say, this guy has fault for playing a movie in the background... You pulled the trigger, You decide to give minimal roleplay. You decided to give no time to comply. All these actions were your choice. Not his but yours. 

Then secondly, When aproach someone in the back, And that person hears soemthing. its natural they turn to around to look , Who is talking to them. 
Now, What will you do different next time? And sketch me a small rp scenario what you consider high quality rp. 

Allow me to make it clear that I am NOT saying it was this guys fault. I HAVE been very honest in my previous replies outlining that it WAS MY MISTAKE. I merely pointing out that it had some degree of effect. 

I ask that you don’t have a somewhat hostile attitude towards me, I am sure we can figure this out and come to an amicable solution. 

Finally, how would I have approached this situation differently? 

Initially I would have asked for the player to place their hands on their head. Following, I would outline what would happen if they don’t comply, “if you are not willing to comply or attempt to endanger me I’ll have to do what is necessary to make sure I’m safe”. Then give them a timeframe, “I’m giving you 30 seconds to place your hand on your head and your weapon in your holster”. In the event they turn towards me as did the gentleman from the previous situation I would say something like, “do not turn towards me, turn around this second and comply with what we’re asking”. 

Thanks, Hammond

You need to be aware that we value roleplay here. 
So i want to be sure you know what your mistakes were.
And how to solve this, Now from now on will you be able to follow the rules. And provide high quality roleplay? 

Absolutely I understand that good roleplay is valued and very important here. I can say that I am aware of my mistakes as ive outlined them above. I can say with confidence that I will be able from here on to provide a higher quality roleplay in-game. If anything, this has been an opportunity for myself to reflect and improve the areas of my gameplay that need tweaking or complete change. It has been very useful to have the opportunity to do so. 

Thanks, Hammond 

okey, From now onward we want to see outstanding rp from you. 
We are gonna give you a golden chance here. Take this with both hands. 
And keep yourself away from trouble.

UNBANNED 21-07-2019

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back