What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Computer Keeps Freezing

LastNickLeft

"This Is the Way"
Unlinked
Hey, don't really write posts like this often but I'm really out of options here and I wasn't able to resolve the issue myself. 

Over the last 2-3 weeks my computer have been freezing randomly, sometimes during a game and sometimes just while watching YouTube. I have not installed any new drivers or devices when it started happening and it still baffles me. I'm unable to replicate the crash and it's just random. It seems to be a hardware issue, one of my main suspects is the power supply.

Hardware - https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/18685688

PSU - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FNCAPJQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Things I have tried so far - in order

• Removed drives one by one and tested running just on the M.2 drive
  • Reverted all overlocks (CPU and GPU)
  • Disabled XMP
  • Reseted BIOS to factory settings
  • Ran Malwarebytes and Defender scans
  • Reseated all 4 RAM sticks
  • Ran system with 1,2,3 and 4 RAM plugged.
  • Updated all drivers
  • Formatted all drives
  • Reinstalled Windows
Temps the last time it froze (Couldn't take a screenshot)
KOVJlhv.jpg

Event Viewer doesn't show anything interesting besides Critical (System has rebooted).

Anyone ideas? Thanks 🙂

I think it's trying to talk to me 😂

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this type of issue with a Ryzen system that i built, turns out it was a windows update, even though you have reinstalled windows(probs done from an older USB drive)  is it currently running the most up to date version. Also attempt to boot it into Ubuntu if possible.

Try and boot your SSD onto another PC, doesnt have to be anything crazy just something that can run YT etc and can handle your windows version. This will ensure its not a Hardware issue unless your SSD's buggered. 

Then the only other thing is making sure your MB / CPU isnt toasted for a random reason, dont think its GPU from what it sounds like. Hardware troubleshooting...enjoy...

Last edited by a moderator:
is it currently running the most up to date version
Yeah, made a fresh install usb and had all the latest updates installed.

As far as booting the m.2 elsewhere, that could be an issue as I don't really have anyone to take it to but will see what I can do. I'll try to install Ubuntu or Windows on a different drive and try to run it from there and see.

I've tried a lot of stress tests on CPU and nothing seems to trigger it, voltages are okay and both on base clock or OC had no issues. 

@SI Ali Barber update...

I have ruled out GPU, same thing happens with a GTX 1080.

I've done some tests with another PSU (only 400w bronze though), it seemed more stable and was okay for a while, there was a crash but looked nothing like the regular freeze, not sure about the condition of that PSU. So I still haven't ruled out the power supply.

4ZUpAtWr.jpg

Have not been able to download Ubuntu yet because it's never on for long enough 😂.

Doing Memory Diagnostics now, hoping I won't have to take the RAM out once more tbh, that Dark Rock 4 Pro makes it so annoying.

@SI Ali Barber it's getting interesting. New update

• Tried with a brand new EVGA 650 G1+ power supply, same issue
  • Removed the m.2, all other drives and installed Ubuntu on a spare drive, same issue
Now I'm trying all RAM sticks again, one by one. If it's not that it's either CPU or the motherboard.

Can I just say. THANK YOU
for updating the thread. Systematically trying new ideas.

but hate to say it sounds like its going to be software/Mobo. but if you're doing stress tests, ensure you do GPU / CPU & RAM all at the same time to replicate RW environment
due to summer months and increased humidity, have you been checking temps while it happens, if you can keep a hardware monitor open.

No answers I know, but throwing the ball about ;)

sounds daft but have you tryed removing RAM one by one to see if you have a faulty stick worth a go. also i noticed you are using CAM software that can be very buggy and can make things fail 

I had a lot of crashed because my m.2 had 10gb space left. Allocated a heap of items until 50% free and haven't had problems since.

Back