What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Top Dexy - an aviation themed montage

MrLightWell

Here it is @DexyKing 

After weeks of figuring out a few technical issues I threw together a vid to showcase a few of our adventures. It's been awesome meeting everyone as I continue to explore the far corners of this land!. Enjoy! 

*Yes - It has been mentioned that the video shows blatant OOC metagaming (even if this particular case seems like an innocent one). As Charlie from Top Gun would say: This is a great example of what NOT to do 😉

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a nice video but its ruined by the whole breaking of rules thing.

• (3.2) Out of Character Chat (OOC) interactions must be made over side chat.
  • (4.1) Side Chat - Using intelligence gained on side chat to influence actions in game. Punishment is a kick/ban.
I get where you are coming from no medics online , noone will save him BUT these rules are inplace and everyone must follow them no matter what the situation on the server is. Just because NHS is not on does not mean you get to choose how rules are interpreted.He should have died in all fairness since you would never have found him legitametly and thats fine its how the game works not everyone gets saved by the medics.

Again try and stick to the rules no matter the situation its just going to get you in trouble otherwise.

@Nuclear absolutely apologize that there was a rule break there and I thereby apologize that even though I don’t normally use the sidechats to gain knowledge, I made that mistake and own to it and also believe and promise that won’t come from me anymore... 

DexyKing

Oh no! Sry for posting this naughty video (and a ruined one at that)  @Nuclear

I guess I just feel its stupid a downed person can see/speak but is somehow unable to operate their mobile. Ill go read those rules again to make sure I don't waste anyone else's time making invalid content 😉

os_rpuk_memo.png

Just shows how little you care all i wanted to do was make you aware of the rulebreaks so you could avoid them in the future if you cant take it thats fine  . I did say the video was good (cause of the editing).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just shows how little you care all i wanted to do was make you aware of the rulebreaks so you could avoid them in the future if you cant take it thats fine  . I did say the video was good (cause of the editing).
No i truly care about the rules - wouldn't have as many hours into Altis RPG servers as a player/admin myself if I didn't. But:

• You can't stop people from screen sniping on mario kart if they are playing on the same splitscreen (and don't believe them if they claim not to)
  • You can't stop/track people from making phone calls/text to their friends using their IRL phones
  • You can't stop/track people using AOL instant messenger, ICQ, ...teamspeak...discord...or any other future 3rd party app to communicate outside of the game to meta 
  • Power in numbers: when you have a group you play with you now have the case of "I was able to know _____ /where that guy was hiding because "x" told me so" ...
  • Unless a person is unskilled or an idiot they'll know exactly how often they will need to "be sneaky" in their 3rd party communications. 
  • admins aren't going to waste any amount of time validating who knew what/when/how beyond resolving the issue to the point where no group is crying anymore 
I get that if anyone were to get caught doing those things above it is a kick/ban offense. 

I just don't understand the reasoning why a downed person on Altis on this particular server loses all motor functions that would allow them to operate a mobile device while downed 

Its an unrealistic, forced condition that actually BREAKS  RP immersion.  My player is downed...not dead.

They are groaning...and moving....why aren't they able to access their phone? (because its too much of a headache to program for the downed state mechanics - OH...ok then)

I just don't understand the reasoning why a downed person on Altis on this particular server loses all motor functions that would allow them to operate a mobile device while downed 

Its an unrealistic, forced condition that actually BREAKS  RP immersion.  My player is downed...not dead.

They are groaning...and moving....why aren't they able to access their phone? (because its too much of a headache to program for the downed state mechanics - OH...ok then)
There could be a few reasons as to why you can't use your phone...

- You've done something, been shoot, etc and that's resulted in you gaining an injury where you're loosing blood quickly. You're heavily injured, and are fighting to stay alive.

-If you'd gained an injured involving you loosing a large amount of blood, you wouldn't pull out your phone to call the ambulance would you? You would try and stop the bleeding, and get someone to call the ambulance for you... You wouldn't use your phone to call someone to get them to call an ambulance would you? You would ask the closest person to you to call the medic, or they would do it via instinct. 

Plus, when loosing a large amount of blood, you slowly start to feel weaker, hence why you see people who've lost a large amount of blood having people constantly talking to them, because depending on the amount they've lost, closing their eyes for a "longer" duration of time could be the difference between life and death.

Back