What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Rebel life [Discussion]

Coco

YoCo has fat tits
Hello everyone,

I’d like to start a discussion here with the community so we can all come together and discuss “rebel life” and how to improve it. It would be nice to have people bringing up their opinions and suggestions no matter who they play as. 

What is hoped to be gained from this: Some great suggestions/ideas which can then be made into a nice suggestion post. 

So feel free to discuss what you think went wrong, why you don’t enjoy playing rebel, how it could be better etc.

Please don’t turn this into some kind of bashing, this is meant to be constructive. 

——————————

In my personal opinion, the two main things that are ruining rebel life at the moment is:

The absurd gear prices, it currently costs 745k for a Car-95 1 with a suppressor and 5x 100rnd normal mags. All rebel gear has increased in price a lot over the last year and it’s become too much. I believe weapon prices need to be reduced to a similar level they once were. I know this is one of the main reasons most rebels have left to join a faction.

Secondly, what to do? I come on as a rebel and I have nothing to actually do. I go check diamonds and weed or try and get a cop chase. There’s literally nothing else to do at this moment in time. Some new runs or places to hit would be nice.

What do you think can make things better?

Its pretty straight forwards really make legal runs not worth it as it should be and make normal weed and cocain better in value maybe make it so its shifting between posideon weed and normal weed. That would make it so new players would attempt to do weed and cocain so cops can stop and rebels can rob 😄

Perhaps add some more endgame runs, vehicles, aircraft. Maybe another form of a prestige system, where you spend millions on leveling up, to eventually get something great.

And like Wicker mentioned, make sure there is balance within runs and possible robbery victims.

I haven't played enough to really know the ins-and-outs, and i've seen this debate so much that i'll only say that the only problem with rebel i've seen is Poseidon/Prices. Why play rebel when you can just join poseidon, gear up for 90% less of the price and then make more money than rebel with your own processor etc. Rebels very pointless.

Some people say loadouts are too expensive, some people say loadouts are just fine as there are people out there with hundreds of millions. Personally, I think you should never pay 700k+ for a loadout, no matter how much money you have. Yes you can do Weed Runs in a Taru/HEMTT Box and make a million per run, but its still ridicilious that you have to spend 30-60 minutes doing a run just to afford one loadout, when factions can engage on you as soon as you purchase it and lose it instantly. I think thats very demotivating for people who are new to rebel life. As in terms of end-game, there really isn't that much to do. You check if there is anyone doing weed/diamonds and repeat, as all the other runs are barely worth it. There needs to be something end-game related added for rebels. But to be fair: How many times have we seen these suggestions in the past months?

I've to agree with @Entropy here... Why should you play Rebel if you can join Poseidon instead.

Poseidon has a 'Military Organisation Structure' with similar 'Specialized units' like Police. I assume a lot of Ex-Officers are joining Poseidon because of the 'Enforcement feeling', checking border passes, patrolling the Drug dealers, Promotion structure. Less restrictions and rules compared to Police.
1. Armed Response = Lobo's
2. NPAS = Air Trained
3. MPU = Sea Dogs

Lower prices for Firearms/Equipment and vehicles. Allowed to do the same activities as Rebel Life. (Major crimes and such) Besides having this, Poseidon also has numbers during firefights and situation, which is a reason why the majority of Rebels switch to Poseidon.

I would argue that 'Major crimes' such as H.M. Treasury, RBA Reserve, AR Weapon Cache, Banks should be reserved to Rebel Life. Poseidon and Rebel Life should be further apart, activity wise. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Why play rebel when you can just join poseidon, gear up for 90% less of the price
Yes we get cheap gear but i don't think it is 90% as some loadouts can cost between 90k-120k but we can't get a lot of things such as 7.62 guns due to being locked behind a rank unlike a rebel that can anything they want e.g. a rebel after a week playing on the server can easily get a mk1 every loadout but a Poseidon member after a week in Poseidon can get a  car-95 at best if he has done all the training and FAs but most likely will still have the aku thing. 

more money than rebel with your own processo
Well the processor is for everyone. Yes we dont need to pay for a pass (50k is cheap) but most Poseidon members can only do runs in the holy hemtt and not a huron or blackfish as they are again locked behind a rank( got to be air trained what is hardest test in Poseidon to do just ask any poseidon about it) while rebel can do runs in a black fish or huron( no more huron hemtt really only hurt rebels and it was fun seeing people try to slight load hemtt on hills and creating a lovely nice campfire)

But prices are very high for rebels if you always use 7.62 or MX's you can always use a less costly gun to save up money. Everything needs to based on the servers economy what is not the best with many people having more money than you can shack a stick at.  The server  currently is mostly Poseidon vs police but with police having around 200 members and Poseidon having just below half that rebels are vastly outnumbered with them being split is to many groups make doing large or constant operations very hard but factions need looking at to help even the playing field but a lot of work needs to be done to help fix rebel like giving them exclusive items, clothing or vehicles only  a rebel can buy. Adding new stuff for rebels to do such as new runs and a dynamic market to ''force'' rebels to do different runs as currently it is high grade drugs or diamonds as nothing pays as well for the time spent.  making a dynamic market will ''force" rebels to mix up the runs and allowing for the many unused runs to become used every so often and not make a rebel do the same run over and over what takes the dun away. Always enjoyed doing large uranium runs. Hiding in trees while one hemtt processes while being a high risk run the money was not good but enjoyable 

some loadouts can cost between 90k-120k
Yes but for the same rebel loadout it can be 600-700k, and at this point both the rebel and the Poseidon member being compared have the same bank account, and Poseidon have much better passive income. Would I rather the ability to buy 1 gear set, or 5-7 for the same price...

e.g. a rebel after a week playing on the server can easily get a mk1 every loadout
Now that’s bullshit. Got advanced it can take months. Why? Because people starting up don’t truly know game mechanics, start with 100k and have to grind crap runs until they can finally afford basics(rebel license, drivers, truck, hemtt...but to get to this you need to start with zamac, a trick before that...) to get to the point you can effectively grind weed runs for 1.4mill a time you need to have made around 2.5-5million off of grinding bad things like aluminium, which takes a long ass time... it will take months if not assisted by the already rich. 

Poseidon member after a week in Poseidon can get a  car-95
 so in the time it realistically takes a hobo to get his hands on a hemtt truck and rebel license a Poseidon lad can get a car 95? That’s a pretty good deal to me - Poseidon it is 

while rebel can do runs in a black fish or huron
Yes we can....once we have grinded our asses off for 15/25million and the rest, in the time it takes to make that in weed alone you could become competent enough to do the entry test I am sure, and then you get a Taru which if scrapped costs you what? 500k? To replace. A rebel would lose 10mill to replace it whilst you guys replace it for a rebel gear set

It surprised me when I seen the price of even the weaker automatic weapons like the Vermin and Protector. The prices need looked at.

Think people are forgetting the fact that its not " well rebels can do this for money xx price and have this xx " its the fact that, Poseidon has and can do EVERYTHING rebels can, but with all the positives of drug access and cheaper stuff. Why would anyone play rebel?
though i still will cause rebel life is only life for me. 

Poseidon has and can do EVERYTHING rebels
We cant rob banks or fuel stations which rebels can. we can only do hms and the like once a week rebels can do it as many  time as they like. all gear is regulated so we can't have thing we should not unless we steal it if we get caught with weapons we should not have we can get demoted or removed . All vehicles land and helis are also regulated by rank and training. We dont get planes apart from blackfish or the propeller plane. We are only allow cloths we can buy from our store and that is also regulated by rank apart from helmets cos who dose not want a tin foil hat. Once Poseidon is in a gun fight we can't pretend we are not involved then rook bang you when you turn around like you rebels do. We cant do redzones at all apart from the drugs or weapons. And everyone has drug access it is not solely a Poseidon thing  unless you join Poseidon and see what we have to do rebels won't under stand 

We cant rob banks or fuel stations which rebels can. we can only do hms and the like once a week rebels can do it as many  time as they like. all gear is regulated so we can't have thing we should not unless we steal it if we get caught with weapons we should not have we can get demoted or removed . All vehicles land and helis are also regulated by rank and training. We dont get planes apart from blackfish or the propeller plane. We are only allow cloths we can buy from our store and that is also regulated by rank apart from helmets cos who dose not want a tin foil hat. Once Poseidon is in a gun fight we can't pretend we are not involved then rook bang you when you turn around like you rebels do. We cant do redzones at all apart from the drugs or weapons. And everyone has drug access it is not solely a Poseidon thing  unless you join Poseidon and see what we have to do rebels won't under stand 
Getting off topic here buddy, this is for rebel life and improvements. We get Poseidon have their drawbacks but they are still quite similar to rebels. If you've got any ideas or suggestions that can improve rebel life then please feel free to post them

Getting off topic here buddy, this is for rebel life and improvements. We get Poseidon have their drawbacks but they are still quite similar to rebels. If you've got any ideas or suggestions that can improve rebel life then please feel free to post them
I am reply to the comment that Poseidon get everything so why play rebel

Why would anyone play rebel?
What says Poseidon get everything rebel get but we don't not even close. And this is in the wrong area if you want to make any change this is a life chat section not the suggestion section buddy.

I am reply to the comment that Poseidon get everything so why play rebel

What says Poseidon get everything rebel get but we don't not even close. And this is in the wrong area if you want to make any change this is a life chat section not the suggestion section buddy.
The OP literally says " discuss why you don't like rebel and features. " this is a valid discussion. 90% of the people i play with were or are Poseidon. And its well known that anyone who went to play rebel, went to poseidon. This is because rebel has no benefits. It needs cheaper stuff and better money, and Poseidon needs to look less appealing compared to rebel.

Rebel is a very dynamic faction. It doesn't need " end-game content ", it needs other rebels to play so that rebels compete with eachother and cartels fight and make money. If a faction is more appealing and dries up the playerbase of rebel, then rebel will obviously seem bland with nothing to do. 

People also have to remember altis life isn't what it was. Traffic and playerbase isn't what it used to be in Arma 3 so mass rebels aren't going to log on. This isn't to do with server or the features in-game, devs here on roleplay uk and have done a very good job in that regard. 

If only you could see the make rebel great again post you would see how this type of suggestions ends up everyone knows things need fixing but everyone dose not want to give stuff up only get more stuff. Having ways of getting more money = prices go up and vias versa you can't get both and rebels get the biggest benefit of all freedom to do what ever you like no rules to follow no higher up to listen to. Everyone blames the factions for the decline in rebel life but many old gang have left due to many reasons so less player results in less fun or enjoyment and so on. Arma is dying that is a fact after so long the game lack things new game have and people what a change what is evident with the work in progress fivem server.

And this is in the wrong area if you want to make any change this is a life chat section not the suggestion section buddy.
This is a discussion on what can be done to improve rebel life, as I stated in the original post any good ideas or suggestions taken from this can be compiled into a nice suggestion post. 

The main points seen so far are weapon prices, lack of activities and partial clash of similarities between rebel and Poseidon.

Does anyone have any ideas on what can help combat these problems?

@Longbow this is a community discussion on what can be done to improve rebel life, everyone is welcome to add in ideas and we can see if we find common ground. “Rebels have Freedom” etc. Is not helping this. Please keep to the discussion of ways to improve or stop commenting as I don’t want this to turn into a shitpost.

If only you could see the make rebel great again post you would see how this type of suggestions ends up everyone knows things need fixing but everyone dose not want to give stuff up only get more stuff. Having ways of getting more money = prices go up and vias versa you can't get both and rebels get the biggest benefit of all freedom to do what ever you like no rules to follow no higher up to listen to. Everyone blames the factions for the decline in rebel life but many old gang have left due to many reasons so less player results in less fun or enjoyment and so on. Arma is dying that is a fact after so long the game lack things new game have and people what a change what is evident with the work in progress fivem server.
I have put a hell alot of time into improving rebel a while ago, and had a post with 100+ likes on improving rebel life so i've seen it all already. I don't wanna debate rebel fixes because its one big circle. I'm just saying that Poseidon has definitely had a very large impact on rebel, due to soaking up its entire playerbase. 

Back