Experience the Altis Life
keyboard_arrow_right
ALTIS LIFE 1
ALTIS LIFE 2
DAYZ UK
TEAMSPEAK

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

Rice Krispy

Rebel life [Discussion]

DCC Gordon

It's great to see the community coming together to try and push for change, we always welcome discussion but please try and remain on topic and contribute only if you have something constructive to add.

Message added by DCC Gordon

Rice Krispy

It sadly just wouldn’t work and wouldn’t be supported to make other factions worse off for rebels benefit, that’s why I believe rebel weapons should be a lot cheaper and that rebels should get more access to better weaponry. 

The balance just has to be rebuilt, and if we can’t look at the other factions then we have to look at what can be added to rebel to help make things more balanced.

Ronald Strauss

~ 1 ~
@Rice Krispy  I'm confused... "Rebels should get more access to better weaponry" ... You pretty much have everything which is available in Arma 3 Vanilla?
With the exception of a few weapons which have no place on a 'Roleplay' Server. Which 'better' weapons should they introduce to Rebel Life?

~ 2 ~
Also an 'Economy Wipe' is to late now.. With FiveM/RageMP in eyesight, and both of those mods are getting more stable by the day. I would argue that a 'Economy Wipe' would just kill of the Server sooner.  We're already a year to late with that option, as I mentioned before 'Major crimes' should be reserved to Rebel Life, Dynamic market should be spreading the people across the island. Consistent map changes to keep everything fresh and interesting. Looking into balancing weapon prices.

~ 3 ~
Introducing a 'SMG License' which will costs around 750.000 pounds, which could be used for Legal activities, with certain restrictions in place.
When someone is committing Illegal activities with the firearm, his license will be revoked.
Weapon included in this 'SMG License' Protector 9mm, Vermin .45, and Sting 9mm.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

Rice Krispy
34 minutes ago, Ronald Strauss said:

With the exception of a few weapons which have no place on a 'Roleplay' Server. Which 'better' weapons should they introduce to Rebel Life?

The better weapons such as zafir, mk200 etc. Which are already on the server, I believe should be more easily obtainable than the really small chance of getting them in a drop currently. 

What would you propose otherwise? Because right now the rebels are outnumbered and usually outgunned. There needs to be a new balance found that fits with the current server state.

47 minutes ago, Ronald Strauss said:

Introducing a 'SMG License' which will costs around 750.000 pounds, which could be used for Legal activities, with certain restrictions in place.
When someone is committing Illegal activities with the firearm, his license will be revoked.

Although a good idea, I believe the price is too much for a license which will only really be used by newer players or off duty cops, as well as being able to lose the license. I believe an SMG licence should definitely be cheaper than normal rebel training. Maybe around 100-200k would be more suitable.

ShaunLAD
13 minutes ago, Ronald Strauss said:

Weapon included in this 'SMG License' Protector 9mm, Vermin .45, and Sting 9mm.

Decent idea but, Would the SMGs be free upon purchasing a license?

Simon Ross

As Ronald Strauss said, with arma slowly dying as a game people won’t have the motivation to play if they need to regain all their money and thousands of hours put into the game at this point. People will do it but people will also look at it logically and decide it’ll be a waste of time, people may still go back to factions but the motivation will never be the same

as for rebel weapons. Adding more I believe starts to send it down the wrong route. Make it cheaper, yes - at half price I believe 300-350k should be the highest for a full loadout(not including ghille  suit or anything special— and buy highest I am saying either full mxsw- inc 100rnd mags, or a mk1 ), and maybe add a way for viper to craft some of the higher calibration weapons which we currently can access through an SAF, obviously however this should require large amounts of steal - a truck load or so, along with another couple runs to craft it all together - to ensure it is something effort is put into to create

Boab

So many posts dont have the time to read through it all so apologies for the stuff i am most likely about to repeat.

poseidon and police are fine in their current state I have been in both and I dont believe there are any large issues overall. 

Rebel in its current state has some issues but the main issue is pricing and I know its been said before but the sole reason I dont play rebel is the ridiculous cost, yes rebel should be more expensive than both factions but not at the insane cost it is when its full price (which it has been 90% of the time the last few months when I have played). The people I have spoken to always say the same thing that it is too expensive, just get rid of full price and keep half prices all the time and I promise that there will be more rebel activity. I feel that this needs to be the start point and then we can start discussing runs/stuff to do for rebels.

People will still donate even without the benefits of prices being reduced when the goal is reached, a lot of the donations come from people in factions. 

Novak
1 minute ago, Boab said:

police are fine

I would mostly agree, but the new Promet SG has to be AR only, it's way too good for soo many officers to have it.

Poseidon is fine,  i agree with that.

And rebel is completely f'ed atm, loadouts way too expensive compared to how easily they are lost, and how "hard" it is to get money

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

Rice Krispy

I’d say with this latest update that we’re finally on the right tracks and hopefully there’s still more to come 😃

• Like 1