What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Foldable phones discussion thread

Novak

So we all remember this abomination of a cellphone, the 2000$ galaxy fold that broke when folded....

A lot of people are getting their hard on over this new and amazing tech, the future of smartphones.

Well it's pretty clear that foldable phones are as useless as a fucking stylus or physical keyboard.  Anyone who throws money at this shitty tech, needs to seruously re-evaluate the choices they have made leading them to this point.

Foldable phones are nothing more than a cheap money grab attempt by the big companies, hence why apple hasn't jumped on it (and hopefully they won't in the future), cause they know all these so called "tech enthusiasts" are gonna swallow everything they say raw.

But that's just my opinion, i'd love to hear yours.

lol.jpg

s-l640.jpg

So much for foldable phones being "New.." 

Its new, and still getting better. We used to have bricks as phones.

Well it's pretty clear that foldable phones are as useless as a fucking stylus or physical keyboard
I disagree; what they have now isn't that interesting to most consumers, when they get it to the point where it looks like your average phone but folds out into something like an ipad mini with a seamless screen it's going to be great. I reckon in a few years or a decade maybe this will be what most people have instead of a one screen smartphone

Atm tho if I want something double the size of my phone screen I would go with an iPad tho, which for not that much bigger than double the size (iPad mini) will have a better screen resolution(I think this is it - the 4:3 or 16:9 etc) as the samsung(correct me if wrong) has a very weird resolution. 

Perpsnally i I don’t think it will take off - a folding phone would be much more vulnerable  to damage, along with you would need to use it at half size mode regularly for efficiently typing messages etc 

@Ant Arni the thing is, you will always have the awkward thicc phone with screenon both sides, how the hell you gonna hold that thing? You're gonna be hitting stuff on the back side when trying to hold it normally, and if you try to text with it folded out......that would be like holding an ipad and trying to use the keyboard. You would literally have to sit down every time you'd wanna type

new, and still getting better.
Didn't people say that about google glass as well?

@Ant Arni the thing is, you will always have the awkward thicc phone with screenon both sides, how the hell you gonna hold that thing? You're gonna be hitting stuff on the back side when trying to hold it normally, and if you try to text with it folded out......that would be like holding an ipad and trying to use the keyboard. You would literally have to sit down every time you'd wanna type

Didn't people say that about google glass as well?
Yes. Vitrual reality was shit at start,  now you got sensors and shit and its smooth as fuck compared to how it used to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Hapi Well VR had a use, had potential. Foldable phones are not filling a gap in the market, they are trying to compete with already perfected and superior tech.

@Hapi Well VR had a use, had potential. Foldable phones are not filling a gap in the market, they are trying to compete with already perfected and superior tech.
Its the same tech, just bigger screen in a smaller area. give it time and its gonna  be the new thing

The Foldable phones are new technology which needs more time to be perfected, In my opinion Samsung had alot of bollox to send it out. I know that it was only for ''reviewers'' there were many things wrong with the phone.  The price - the ''fold'' technology is very new which will make the phones more expensive if you look at the first smartphone it was called the IBM Simon which was a total brick with a touch screen which costed 900$ in 1992 ( that much money would be around 1.7 thousand  $$ nowadays ) it has been 27+ years from release from the first ever ''smartphone'' nowadays you can easily buy a proper functioning smartphone for as little as 110$ (which is quite cheap for a phone) which is quite a price difference ~1.6 Thousand $$. The techonlogy may improve like we see with the first ''Smartphone'' From a Brick with a touch screen to like a samsung with multiple cameras, 1440p screens ETC.  or it may be abandon We'll have to wait and see!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back