What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Bring Back The Moon

Liam Orion

I know this has been said probably a thousand times, but i need to speak up about this and i feel as if i am going to be speaking on behalf of many people that play on this server. Deleting the moon was not the way to combat the gamma/FPS issue. I have found that the negative just outweigh the positive. At night time, if you do not have any NVG's, you best stay in a well lit area or you are simply screwed. In a fire fight, if there are no light sources anywhere, Everyone blends in with the background. You simply cannot see them, and it makes gun fights just dull and unfair. 

Myself and some other Poseidon cartel members were in Rebel outpost, having a gun fight with some rebels. They had people on the hills and they were just invisible.. The only way to see their location was to wait and see if they would go to the top of the hill so i could see their silhouette, Find them with Thermals , or bait for gunshots and hope you catch a glimpse of their muzzle flash. However, if you do not have access to thermals (which most people dont), They are slightly down the hill, and have a supressor (pretty much summs up all Snipers/Marksmen), You have no chance. This goes both ways however, i am not trying to say it was unfair for just us. It goes for both parties. They cannot see any of us that has moved onto a hill. So we all spend so much time looking into darkness, it is day time by the time the gun fight has ended. This is just an example of some issues being faced with no moon. 

I know this is an RP server, and dont get me wrong, i love to roleplay with the community and would prefer some good roleplay over a gunfight any day. However, gunfights do happen. 

I understand the Dev team's reasoning behind this, and putting it into a testing phase on the server is fair enough. However i think that the test needs to come to an end because it just is not the solution to fix the issue. And i hope this is not taken as any sort of "attack" or slander against the DEV's. Because it isnt. The development team here do amazing work to keep the server thriving and constantly updated. I just do believe this a choice that needs to be reverted, or at least seriously reconsidered.  

#BringBackTheMoon

Last edited by a moderator:
snipers cant use NVGs with scopes so its probs harder. But +1 anyway

'twas a bug.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back