Experience the Altis Life
keyboard_arrow_right
ALTIS LIFE 1
ALTIS LIFE 2
DAYZ UK
TEAMSPEAK

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Darthvade

SGT Auxen [6696]

Darthvade

Name of officer(s) involved (Please give their name, rank and collar number if known):  SGT Auxen [6696]

Time and date of incident: 03/09/2019 at around 20H00

Description the incident and what happened in as much detail as possible:

I woke up and went to Athira for some business. I landed by helicopter, model MH-9 Hummingbird outside the city of Athira as i didn't want any problems. I have the GoPro footage if necessary but i will provide a picture of the moment of landing: https://drive.google.com/open?id=105Pyn_pVAdsXdXBH41IvoprrqvM-5hu8

This heli in particular has been with me almost since my arrival in the island, at least two years. I even named it "flashy" and i used it only for business transportation.

After around 10 minutes my phone starts to ring. It was my HeliApp. The automatic messaging system was reporting that my heli had been scrapped by a police officer. I immediatly texted police and asked for an explanation as i was sure i had done nothing wrong.

I got this reply: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AoqQGL3qBSLe7ea53j8gfYHnX1YlZ_Q7

I was confused. I landed outside the city to avoid getting my flashy scrapped and it still got scrapped? I had to investigate. I further question the police officer and he told me to go read the law. I did and i found this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vgxilYqOMlesafmMg7u2oGm1lDUglwRk

The Altis Law does not share any information on what is considered city limits. But there is something that defines what is part of a city and what is not. Signs placed by the government. The tools of limitation in all territories of the world.

I decided to inspect the area. I didn't want to get another chopper scrapped in the future. I'm still deeply sad to have lost my old friend flashy. I wanted to know exactly where does Athira end.

I found this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qKwtxcxatLDNpep4Fq0OtLj03yc3xIck

This universal sign identifies where cities and towns end. It clearly shows that i landed outside city limits and that the scrapped was ilegal.

I asked the officer for guidance since i firmily believe i lost my propriety for no valide reason. As showed in the pictures, i landed outside city limits. Around 132 meters to be more precise.

The officer told me he was just following the police handbook, and gave the reference to a 1 KM distance : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YK6gBCWK013wxEsyHBBk0VgVEKTmsBJ-

Well, i'm a simple citizen. I don't have acess to the police handbook as i'm not a police officer. What i know is the law of Altis, which is public to all of us. I act upon those laws. Even if there is a Police policy that refers the city limit to be 1km from any city, it's not public. And Police policy DOES NOT overwrite the law of Altis.

Again, i asked SGT Auxen how should i proceed as i'm afraid more citizens may have lost their propriety to a policy which is not public and as such, is ILEGAL.

The answer was: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hrZLDXQWukosYTUtO542egtFNcKFPIYo 

For the entire duration of our conversation i was polite. I even told him that if there is an incompability between the Police policy and the law, it's shouldn't be his fault since he simply follows what he is told to. But, him saying that i was wasting my time for caring about the Law is not proper from a police officer. He should be guiding me through this process and not telling me to "go back to work".

This complaint arrives from the care for all Altis citizens who might also lose their property for an invalide justification. I know i can be wrong. But since the officer did not provided any valide justification and as i told him, i'm willing to take that risk of being wrong. Me and my attorney have been looking in to the law multiple times and we have found no reference to the 1KM distance. If there is something, we are really sorry but we cannot find anything.

What do you feel to be a suitable outcome of this complaint:

If the city limits is to be define by 1km from the city center, that definition must be described in the law of Altis so all citizens may know it.
I also want the full value of my propriety (MH-6) + relief for the moral damage cause has i lost my flash ( 100k ) + the price of my attorney which is  advising me on how to write this complaint ( 50k).

Thanks for your service,

Edited by Darthvade
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Feelsbadman 1
  • Facepalm 6

sciencefreak74

Dear @Darthvade

The Police Complaints Commission has received your complaint against SGT Auxen [6696]. We aim to deal with this complaint within the next 48 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Assistant Chief Constable Sciencefreak

@Auxen                                                                                             

kLq8WQX.png

•  
  • Like 2

Auxen

As far as I am aware I acted under the Civil Aviation Act 1982

Landing within City Limits

£ 75,000/Scrap

Your helicopter was landed improperly and close to a crowded area.
I don't think it is within my authority to grand you access to the police handbook which I acted on.
And for my last reply I was really busy with current situations and you constantly messaging me whilst I was dealing with these situations got me a bit aggravated and I apologize for that.
Kind Regards,
SGT Auxen    
  • Facepalm 1

sciencefreak74

Dear @Darthvade

Could you please attach the full go pro footage leading up to the scrapping of your helicopter. This is required as presently the evidence provided is not sufficient to confirm the location your helicopter was left at which could be pertinent to the outcome of the complaint.

Kind regards,

kLq8WQX.png

Darthvade

@sciencefreak74

I will gladly share my Gopro recording. I will however send it by private message due to privacy issues. I have your e-mail in the complaint sheet.

Darthvade

Officer Auxen, as you can see in the Civil Aviation Act 1982, that you sent to the comission, there is no such thing as a 1km reference. That is the law and is public. Also:

17 hours ago, Auxen said:

Your helicopter was landed improperly and close to a crowded area.

Are  you changing your testimony? Because at the moment, you are not saying that i "landed inside city limits". Now you are saying that i didn't land it properly and in the a crowded area. First, and again, what defines a proper landing? You cannot simply say you didn't fancy the location. What is the legal justification, apart from the city limits argument ( that i already proved that i did not break) for a improper landing? And the crowded area, there was no other civilian to be seen in the area. I would understand that you said "crowded area" if i landed where there were multiple people around, endangering their lifes. Something that did not happen.

I don't think it is within my authority to grand you access to the police handbook which I acted on.

I agree with you. But does it seem reasonable to you that the handbook is not compatible with the Law of Altis? The Altis Police Service cannot act upon their own set of laws. The Altis Police Force cannot arbitraly justify their actions based on "underground" interpretations of a non-existante law. This is essencial for a democracy. Or isn't our Altis government, and as such, all the services associated to it, based on democratic principles?

And for my last reply I was really busy with current situations and you constantly messaging me whilst I was dealing with these situations got me a bit aggravated and I apologize for that.

I understand that. I would simply appreciate that instead of telling me to go "back to work", you should i have told me to contact you later. There is no justification to ignore the worries of a fellow citizen. Much less when you scrapped his property! This complaint might not have existed if you had been more supportive.

sciencefreak74

Dear @Darthvade

I have reviewed your complaint against SGT Auxen [6696] and come to the following conclusion.

From the evidence provided I can confirm that your helicopter was in fact landed outside of city limits and as such you are entitled to compensation for the value of the helicopter only which currently stands at £225,000. We will not provide compensation for services you have paid for that are not required for this complaint or for moral damages without proof to suggest the value of these moral damages.

However, what I can see from the evidence provided is that you were carrying an illegal firearm during this situation. As such, you will be required to present yourself at a police station with the illegal firearm and the seen attachments and be processed for this before being able to receive compensation from SGT Auxen [6696] for the scrapping of your helicopter.

SGT Auxen [6696] will face no formal punishment for this due to it being a misunderstanding but will be spoken to in order to ensure he knows the definition behind landing within city limits.

Kind regards,

kLq8WQX.png

•  
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 2