What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Change is needed and the floor is open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator

Time for change

Not going to beat around the bush here, Its perfectly clear that since august we have been dropping numbers and as some may think it isn't because the much loved moon is missing from the sky nor is management, the staff team and development team completely blind and in denial.

Yes Arma numbers are dropping the game is now 6 years old and our numbers have been steadily showing that over the past 2 years but in the last month or so there has been a bigger decrease here than anywhere else. So clearly we haven't done something right.

Rather than allow what so many have contributed there time and money to build phase out over the next few months lets move to correct issues.

In a unique turn of circumstances today and tomorrow this community will turn into a democracy, So lets open the floor to some sensible feedback of what you think we have done wrong and what changes you would like to see, I will be monitoring this thread today and the best ideas will be put to a poll.

Please note this is not asking for suggestions of what features you want etc, We cannot achieve or recruit new devs to give us groundbreaking features in a day, Lets approach this with the bigger picture in mind and use this opportunity sensibly.

Thanks for your time, Have a great weekend

You could wipe everyone's inventory's, forcing them to restart, which means people will have an objective to work towards.
Giving an objective while also driving away long term players who have worked years to get where they are. No from me.

I think you need to prioritise unban appeals more and not ban people for silly small things. ''roleplay over ruleplay'' is the motto so why ban people breaking a rule when they are just having unharmful fun with friends? 

You should host a meeting in teamspeak where you yourself is in attendance. 

I do believe that a meeting like the one aiden held a while back would be very beneficial to the server. People could voice their opinions and the managment get a clear idea of what people want. 

@Jebediah Jalalai Pointless! This is better than teamspeak

Teamspeak meetings in the past have ended with things either being forgotten, ignored resulting in no action and personally Id rather spend 3 hours reading good things put here, gauging the feedback and making change rather than being shouted at or being called random things or hearing multiple conversations go off track

@Butch this thread is a open platform, lets not suggest different ways to do this.... lets just do this! If you have feedback on how the community can be improved or where we went wrong then simply please leave it

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Banning process needs reworking. I believe that it would make more sense to ban people for time frames, and allow them to appeal to shorten or revoke the ban. On top of this, i think it wouldn't be a bad idea to start unbanning people who have been banned for over a year, obviously depending on the seriousness of their ban. Surely by now they would have either forgotten why they were banned, or learnt their lesson. For example if someone was banned in 2015 for RDM, 4 years later they could have a completely different personality.

@Ralph the Hobo When did prices become a problem? Was there a certain update this was connected to or have prices always been a problem in your opinion ?

I think the Banning process needs reworking. I believe that it would make more sense to ban people for time frames, and allow them to appeal to shorten or revoke the ban. On top of this, i think it wouldn't be a bad idea to start unbanning people who have been banned for over a year, obviously depending on the seriousness of their ban. 
Time frame bans would be really nice, the SG Exile servers do them, you get banned between 3-14 days but can also appeal it at the same time to have your ban shortened but with something like this, unban appeals would be need to be replied to very fast

Listen more to what people who's actually playing on the server wants, not what someone who's never on the server wants to be there or not. This is the biggest thing imo

I know, devs do it on their free times, but try get us some updates. Especially rebelsided ones. Dynamic market would be a huuuge thing to swich around all the runs.

Priceing is also a thing on wepeons, however, the ones who cries the most are the ones with biggest numbers on their account, so i dont get that really.

Banning keymembers. For example, you ban one guy, wich makes 4 more leave/stop playing. Sure, if they're racist/toxic/heavily exploiting however fine, but the one recently i think you already know about, and isnt the first time. Be less harch to people with bans, and maybe introduce time based bans. After certain amount of bans/seriosness, you have to make a perm one.

Also, sneaking in updates that affect things that have been there for ages and not in patchnotes gets you really annoyed aswell, and hasnt really never been a problem. Some people know especially one thing im refering to, wich is the benchnerf.

This is a longshot, but the decamp script..... 

@Ralph the Hobo When did prices become a problem? Was there a certain update this was connected to or have prices always been a problem in your opinion ?
In my opinion, prices have been a problem for a while, the scope price increase didn't help nor did the increase in MK1; however the issue of guns being too expensive has been around a long time. I (and probably more people in the community), would centainly like to see the current 50% off prices for guns become the normal prices.

These are some of the things that were discussed in the meeting aiden held which alot of people seemed positive about and wanted implemented.

* Poseidon and Rebel prices

*Custom gang uniforms for most active gangs

*Capture and contest zones 

* Weekly/2 weekly pvp event in Redzones for prizes (gangbases, uniforms, weapons, ifrits etc)

*A rework of disputing to encourage resolving over reporting

*Unban appeals being more straightforward 

*Viper license owners able to revive (and extra perks of having viper)

*Call in an SAF air drop 

*Changes to certain areas on the map/Server performance

Communication between dev's and the community whats being worked on what the community would like to see etc.

Repopulating it could start with being more lenient towards unbans, perma appeals are pretty full at the moment and replies are no where to seen?

@SI JAEGARN Open doors, As far as I know the dev team does play the server they are in full control of what updates and content they put into updates, There is no input from people who do not play the server, In fact management do not get involved unless there is a big balancing issue which there hasn't been (unless prices have become an issue)

I concur about the banning one person others leave, but we find sometimes the others are worse than the person being banned (Jon Snows case for example), Always an hard one!

I think of it as this way, When a brand new player comes on, mostly factions and gang just ruin heres why. Rebels will just rob and destroy everything that new player earned, he tries calling police but even also police will turn their friendliness down, This poor new players keeps on getting robbed, getting fucked over by factions, and whats his motivation to stay when mostly EVERYONE treats him like shit, I'm still currently trying to figure what can be done, the simplest is that the admins take him and teach him mostly everything. and not just the admins but also players, but for now i havent seen anyone teach them. 

right lets be quite frank here - and im putting my neck on the line here but at this point there isnt much left to loose - 

lets start with the bans/unbans 

banning people for silly little things that show no hard to the community like a recent ban was trying to volt over a fence - its harmless bit of fun - but in the one second - people are gone forever 

another issue is the most recent one with the nightwatch group being a perfect example - yes someone said something racist - i agree ban them - but to get rid of a entire group for failure to report is just chucking the server down the drain -

unban appeals take far to long and are very hypocritial - i have seen people been told there not welcome back but at the same time others are and they got banned for the same thing 

now one of the reason iv reduced my time from the server is the whole whitelisting thing - iv been blacklisted from posedion and police for leaving to many times - iv appealed them and been denied  - well of corse i am going to leave iv been here 5 years and it does get boring after a while 

next is updates - i understand its all in people free time - but the lack of timely improvements and features added means people are getting bored and frustrated 

all in all - you can blame the numbers in arma going down - or you could look around and other communitys - and look at there numbers as i type we have 27 players on - another english roleplay server has 117 - 

its time to seriously thing and sort it out before this community dies 

I think of it as this way, When a brand new player comes on, mostly factions and gang just ruin heres why. Rebels will just rob and destroy everything that new player earned, he tries calling police but even also police will turn their friendliness down, This poor new players keeps on getting robbed, getting fucked over by factions, and whats his motivation to stay when mostly EVERYONE treats him like shit, I'm still currently trying to figure what can be done, the simplest is that the admins take him and teach him mostly everything. and not just the admins but also players, but for now i havent seen anyone teach them. 
focus on old members rather than new ones 🙂 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back