What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

VOTE PASSED - Mass Unban (Restrictions will apply)

Shall we wipe the slate clean

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator

Community Vote #2 - Mass Unban

Current on the 22/09/2019 the community has a total of 33,004 Banned steam ID's which has been accumulated over 5 and a half years. This vote is completely connected to the outcome of Vote #1 which you can vote on here.

If vote #1 is not passed then this vote will not be considered, To be fair to the players on the ban list this is a one time opportunity for the community to decide if the players on the ban list are un-banned or need to open a permanent ban appeal as per normal.

Who this will apply to

Anyone who is currently banned for any breaches of the rules over the past 5 and a half years.

Who this will not apply to

Anyone banned for the following

• Hacks/Cheats/Scripting
  • Threats to the server, community or staff team
  • Severe cases of Racism, Harassment or bullying.
  • Some 1.6 Bans (Some of these players have displayed they do not want to be part of RPUK)
Impact to the community and implementation 

No grudges have ever been had on this side, We just like our servers very clean and away from the toxicity that unfortunatly plagues gaming in 2019 however people do still hold grudges with us and this community so this mass unban could of course cause great disruption to RPUK for a short period of time, Therefore to minimise the disruption to our staff team the mass unban will be staggered of un-banning either 6 months or 1 year at a time.

We hope this will not be the case however we feel it might be! Along with people that will be very grateful and happy there will be people who wont see this good opportunity of rejoining RPUK and will come on just to cause issues, Therefore if the community votes on this then please afford our staff team there full power to deal with these cases to minimise disruption on the server and forums.

This vote will be open until 23:59 on 22/09/2019

Will this apply to some of the bigger idiots we've had over the years, such as George Adghghghgwngo or whatever the fuck his name was (the guy who used to go on about selling watches and spent months after his ban trolling TS and stuff like that)?

EDIT: Nevermind, just read the post through again. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say let the people that want to get unbannen hop past teamspeak to get that arranged that way we don't unban players that have bo intent to join back

@WhoisDan No... some people really closed the door to this place and caused our staff team a lot of wasted time.

Some people made it crystal clear that they didn't care about Roleplay, This community or Arma, We will review that but i predict that some people will slip through the net, If they do then they are granted a golden opportunity under the new rules and I do hope they would take it.

What about people like me. My ban isn't for breaking a rule but because I commented on someone else's video and because the people I use to play with were toxic to the server. Would someone like me be unbanned?

I would prefer a few more restrictions. Categorize the bans in 3 categories:
1. Instant unban; small rulebreaks, no added history.
2. Unbanned after coming to ts and wanting to play on the server again. This is for bigger rulebreaks or a bit of a history.
3. Not unbanned; our bridge burning buddies out there.

This may take a bit of work and if need be I am willing to do some administrative work to divide the people into these categories. I think it will help safeguard the community while still helping people get a second chance.

2. Unbanned after coming to ts and wanting to play on the server again. This is for bigger rulebreaks or a bit of a history.
I'd actually say invite people back, be it through our RPUK Steam Group ( @Wilco ) or a post on the site etc, would be a good gesture and start most new-old players off on a positive note.

I'd actually say invite people back, be it through our RPUK Steam Group ( @Wilco ) or a post on the site etc, would be a good gesture and start most new-old players off on a positive note.

What about being 1.6'd on TS?
Other options can indeed be coming to the RPUK steam group or the forum. If you are forum banned you can make a new account according to the unban rules displayed in the RPUK Discord.

Other options can indeed be coming to the RPUK steam group or the forum. If you are forum banned you can make a new account according to the unban rules displayed in the RPUK Discord.
Imo its to much hassle to get people to do iy though.. Clean slate, sure we will have some issues with players for a month but then things will be somewhat clean

Would those banned for simply being in TS with other banned members be unbanned? Feel like these are some of the most pointless 1.6's I've ever seen

Who is going to deal with these unbans?

Who is going to deal with these unbans?
Was about to comment this. Going through thousands of bans, checking the notes of each to ensure there's no additional stuff about a person being a skid etc would take a very large amount of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back