What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

VOTE PASSED - Remove Faction Restrictions

Should people be allowed to play as rebel if they are cop, Poseidon etc ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator
View attachment 6282

Community Vote #3 - Remove Faction Restrictions

Currently Faction members need to go on a "holiday" to play as a rebel on the server, This is an issue that has been around a while and recently it has come to light that some members have been forced to go and play rebel on other servers while being in the police or Poseidon here when they would rather just play rebel when they like here.

That to me is very anti community, This issue came up again in yesterdays thread and I feel it actually now needs to be voted on, Is it an issue to our players for example if a Police officer logs on as a different name and plays rebel ? Or should they be part of the police only and enjoy there free time elsewhere ?

If this is voted on then "Holidays" will only become needed for IRL circumstances where someone goes into holiday mode to avoid being kicked out of there faction.

You decide, Vote open until 23/09/2019 at 11am

7 days holiday every month or so? there need to be some restrictions.
Agreed, I would say a revamp of the current system is better than completely removing it.

I believe there should be something in the middle of this. I think that holidays should be more frequent or like, a certain number of restarts per month can be used to rebel. I think with no restrictions, this could ruin the factions.

I'm not a fan of the idea police and Poseidon playing rebel whenever they want. but I would vote yes to a 7 day hoilday every month. 

*edit* Or even an extended hoilday period with the current 2 month intermission. say like a 2 and a half week hoilday

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna outline a few things I think people should consider before voting, I've got absoloutly no issue with members of the police wanting to enjoy playing the server as a rebel, cop or as a member of Poseidon, but having a mix between rebel/poseidon/cop is not advantageous to anyone playing the server, there's far too much crossover and conflicting interests, e.g. cop is in a spec unit and knows that a raid will be happening on one of their gang members at 8pm, can we realistically trust them not to share that information in any way, and in the case that we didn't, is their mate not going to be annoyed at them for not telling them and going and raiding their house?

The current system of holidays can be extended to much further lengths, but at the moment, blurring the lines between rebel/poseidon/cop is not something that would help the server, new players would be looked after less and possibly even robbed by people they may have had protecting them that same restart.

There are plenty of other comprimising options that should be explored before going full out and allowing cops to play rebel, it's simply not going to work positivily from any factions pov, be it rebel, police, civ or poseidon.

I personally think restrictions should be removed completely / changed heavily. Why should someone play rebel somewhere else because they are at risk of loosing their positions here. Rebel needs life so why not give it some

I would get rid of the restriction and leave it up to relevant faction ‘constab’ Commands to make sure people are still dedicated to their faction and not abusing it 

I'm not a fan of the idea police and Poseidon playing rebel whenever they want. but I would vote yes to a 7 day hoilday every month. 

*edit* Or even an extended hoilday period with the current 2 month intermission. say like a 2 and a half week hoilday
I would personaly like this alot more than just being able to go as rebel when ever you want as Tadworth said below 

e.g. cop is in a spec unit and knows that a raid will be happening on one of their gang members at 8pm, can we realistically trust them not to share that information in any way, and in the case that we didn't, is their mate not going to be annoyed at them for not telling them and going and raiding their house?
It would just mean that people would be able to know vital information about ops.

i agree with tadworth here. If you get rid of the holiday system its just gonna lead to problems like information being leaked and stuff like that or you gonna have combat spec units just do HMs and have regular units not being able to win or struggle to win. What i believe should be there is an extension such as other than 1 week you get 2 allowing factions to be active and also rebel life or if rebel life is the risk just remove Poseidon which leads to rebel life increasing. End of the day this is my opinion on it  

The argument about things being leaked doesn’t really make sense to me. Anyone can currently leak a document to their gang or friends no matter weather there is change or not 

Unworkable. 
of course it does, how can it possibly not work.. imagine being a cop and coming on one day to their being 20-25+ faction members being on and being like fuck it, lets give the factions something to do for a day, it works for everyone. gives people the ability to do whatever they want and for some people. to try something new. it would make the server a lot more popular as I know a lot of faction members who are like 'im not going on cos theirs no one on' easy solution. its a no brainer imo

Dan, imagine you're doing a NCA op and it's just been put in the Discord, somebody in NCA is also the person who's house you're raiding, how're you planning on getting everyone together without him knowing? What happens if he wants to join in on that op?

That's the issue.

Voting yes, but rework the holiday system, the 7 days per month hoilday sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back