What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

VOTE PASSED - For new Players - Amend Starting Cash

Give them some more money, Or let them have the same start as yourself.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator
ruleslogo.png

Community Vote #4 - Starting Cash to aid new players

Since 2014 the starting cash was amended to £100,000 after careful consideration as we thought it would allow new players to buy there first car and a few licences and get on there merry way in Altis! This was carbon copied by many servers making this no longer unique to Altis Life UK / Roleplay UK.

Since then and more so in recent years the feedback is players find it extremely hard to get going in the world either being robbed and having that first car scrapped meaning they leave the server with a bad taste in there mouth.

So the question is will everyone be happy allowing new players (fresh steam ID's) an increased amount in 2019 and on-wards ? If you want some stats then we do still get around 20-40 players a day that have never visited Roleplay UK before.

A proposed figure would be £200,000 or £250,000

You decide! The vote will run until 23/09/2019 at 11am

I'd think that part of the fun is starting with £100,000. I mean I never struggled and to be honest, begging in kavala would get you more than £100,000 a restart at peak times. I haven't been extremely broke in years but i know getting back from the bottom isn't that had, plus so much more rewarding imo 

Now when it comes down to New players the Police, gangs, Poseidon... its all out there and I guarantee that they will encounter these people and it might cost some cash in the process. Being a ticket, replacing lost gear/assets etc and when they run out of money everything will become even harder then already is might even drive them to consider leaving the server early on due to a bad start. With the option of increasing the starting funds people have, it will for sure make it a tad easier for players to buy some licences, buy vehicles and do runs. And it should make the entire thing a lot more easier and less intimidating, given you make a mistake and you literally pay for it. With the increase of starting funds you at least have room for a little error. I overall would go for 250K.

I personally enjoyed the struggle when first joining here . Upgrading to bigger and better trucks overtime , however I know some new players blow the lot.

My suggestion would be you give new players the option to take out a "one time only grant"  to help out newbies who have spent up , a player can go to the town hall and select to receive a 50k - 100k grant if wanted/needed.

I think 500K is more suitable. Proper licenses and trucks/vehicles can be expensive. 

The reason for the massive wealth inequality on Altis Life is because the richer players can afford to get richer by using better farming vehicles (ie HEMTT + Huron) while the poorer players are stuck using HEMTTS or other cheaper vehicles.

I never had a problem when I started. It's enough to get the essential bits and it's smooth sailing from there. I am financially stable to this day and it's all good fun until you get robbed and thrown off Kavala crane. Looking at you @Imstyle.

I remember a long time ago I had a mate to joined the server and found it too hard to make money from a start so enlisted into the police force after 2 days on the server, I don’t know if it’s just because he struggled to make money or for other reasons aswell but it was one contributing factor. 

I personally enjoyed the struggle when first joining here . Upgrading to bigger and better trucks overtime , however I know some new players blow the lot.

My suggestion would be you give new players the option to take out a "one time only grant"  to help out newbies who have spent up , a player can go to the town hall and select to receive a 50k - 100k grant if wanted/needed.
Back then is not now, with everything happening now I believe new players need to get more money concerning the price of every object, I mean zip ties are 15 fucking thousand, down it to 7.5 or something it’s just too much, 100k you can buy a drivers license but can’t even afford a good vehicle to do runs with, with what’s going on recently it’s better to gain more money, and also another thing, something @ShadowDirector Said, not everyone is 16 or older meaning joining factions is hard, there are 3 active gangs that I know of, SOS PLEBS AND AR, both only or mostly take experienced players, if their new they probably don’t even know how to join a gang.

ruleslogo.png

Community Vote #4 - Starting Cash to aid new players

Since 2014 the starting cash was amended to £100,000 after careful consideration as we thought it would allow new players to buy there first car and a few licences and get on there merry way in Altis! This was carbon copied by many servers making this no longer unique to Altis Life UK / Roleplay UK.

Since then and more so in recent years the feedback is players find it extremely hard to get going in the world either being robbed and having that first car scrapped meaning they leave the server with a bad taste in there mouth.

So the question is will everyone be happy allowing new players (fresh steam ID's) an increased amount in 2019 and on-wards ? If you want some stats then we do still get around 20-40 players a day that have never visited Roleplay UK before.

A proposed figure would be £200,000 or £250,000

You decide! The vote will run until 23/09/2019 at 11am
How about 150k and a 45% increase of Paychecks? 

also can we have a vote to bring back the Diamond of the server U N M C plz :)?

Last edited by a moderator:
How about 150k and a 45% increase of Paychecks? 

also can we have a vote to bring back the Diamond of the server U N M C plz :)?
Lets stop with false pretense UNMC was some kind of saviour to the server there was a thread every other day to remove it and in the end the faction removed itself because it was such a shit show. 

Lets stop with false pretense UNMC was some kind of saviour to the server there was a thread every other day to remove it and in the end the faction removed itself because it was such a shit show. 
I'm gonna start out by saying this is not meant to stir hate, or trouble in any way.

Since we're doing community feedback, and the UNMC was brought up the way it was, i thought i'd give my perspective.

My perspective, by the way, has been formed by information that was available to me at the time, combined with my own memory of events i saw happen.

I understand i more than likely don't have the entire picture, and given the time span, my memory will probably be a bit off, but here it is nonetheless.

I was a UNMC sergeant. I was on the inside when it started to decline. While there were issues within the ranks, at the time, and i guess still, it felt like it was issues that wasn't out of the ordinary, and that could've been resolved, but was exacerbated by what felt like management mistreatment of the UNMC as a whole.

Let's start with the threads to remove. My recollection is, we had equipment available to us, and people who knew how to use it, i'm shit in a gunfight so i'm not among those people, but as a result of that, often times we'd come out on top in gunfights. Aside from the times where gangs, and police especially, would intentionally wait til the midnight restart where most UNMC had gone off for the night before launching an attack, i don't recall us losing a lot of gunfights. I feel that's where most of those threads stemmed from. People would lose a fight, and cry fowl.

While on the topic of late night attacks. Police were doing that a lot at one point. For a while it was sure as amen in church, come midnight restart, they'd launch an attack and claim big victory.

We'd raise concerns about it, and most everybody, staff and management included, would shush it down. It was fine, police could do that. Okay, cool. We'd do exactly the same thing to them in retaliation, cause seasoned russian military unit, we weren't just gonna sit and take getting attacked, police would kick up a big fuss about it and people, staff and management included, would take their side. We'd try to point out "hey, this was done to us and was deemed to be okay", and we'd basically get kicked to the curb.

There were just a lot of things said and done that made us feel like staff had it in for us. @Vladic Ka especially, outright said on streams he wanted us gone. I recall at least a couple of times on stream he would call abuse of power, power gaming, or just plain bad RP, often times for doing nothing more than police were doing, and still are doing, without them getting any flak for it.

I remember one episode, @eval_betty was streaming RPUK. And he decided, like many before him had done, to go challenge the UNMC rule of the checkpoint not being a place to be hanging out. He wanted to poke the bear, as was his thing.

So he went to the checkpoint, and started doing essentially what equates to the stereo typical bully holding a finger close to someones face going "i'm not touching you, i'm not touching you", hurling abusive remarks in the process.

So the soldier there, i forget who it was, followed procedure. Gave betty multiple verbal warnings to back off, and leave the checkpoint. He was met with more abuse and "i'm not touching you". The soldier eventually had enough and made it clear that if betty didn't start heading down the road, he'd be taken into custody, and dealt with. Betty went to a nearby bush and sat there, which wasn't all that uncommon for people to do.

So the soldier went and took him into custody, as had been done with many before betty who refused to heed warnings, and ended up executing him. Betty disapproved, devolved into trash talking the soldier, resulting in a barrage of TS abusive being hurled at the soldier by bettys following, and no one doing anything about it. Vladic just sat there like "well i agree with betty".

I believe that was Vladics main complaint. That we went too often and too quickly to the execution. The thing is, we put a lot of effort into avoiding it. Some were stripped naked, knee capped and let go, some were taken to a remote location and left there. Some were used as forced labor, and others were tortured and later let go. The exodus charter were only really used for people who had gone out of their way to poke us. And Vladic didn't seem to see that.

Another situation, Vladic came into our channels, clearly intoxicated, telling a story of "police didn't play ball with my scenario, so i want the UNMC and the gangs of altis to do an HM and kick their butts, with the UNMC organizing it", giving no thought to whether or not it made sense for us to do such a thing within RP. He was initially declined, to which he responded by talking down to us, so we tried brainstorming ideas on the fly. The general response from vladic to this was essentially "nope, wrong, bad. Not good enough." 

We eventually get an OP going, and whooped the butts of the police. Job was done so we pulled out. That wasn't good enough either. He wanted us to stand around shooting our guns in the air with the rest of the rebels, again giving no thought to whether or not it made RP sense.

What broke the camels back, was when we were pushing hard for territory expansion, and everything we tried just getting shot down. For weeks, if not months, we put real effort into coming up with new job ideas, and ideas for runs. Ideas for new checkpoints were thought of, developed and presented. All got rejected.

Scenarios to take more ground were put together and played out. The scenario to take Paros was played out, and ended in our favor. Barely so, but we took Paros. It got ignored. Nothing happened.

I don't recall who the dev were at the time, but i remember someone mentioning we weren't gonna get any work done on our side, cause the dev just couldn't be bothered. That's when people gave up. 

That's when it turned into a "shitshow". Sure, people got in that shouldn't have, and some command decisions were made that were not as great as they could've been, but it didn't truly go down hill til after a year+ of everything we did being deemed as wrong in some way, and nearly every attempt to course correct basically getting shot down.

If memory serves, which it very well may not, we even tried for a full command change, which was also halted. I remember @blaze1981 saying the only reason he stuck around for the last 6 or so months of it, was because management had told him that if he left, the UNMC would get shut down, and so he stuck around, in spite of wanting to leave, because he didn't want to ruin it for everyone else.

To end this, i feel i should mention again, i am not putting this out there to cause trouble. I harbor no real grudge against anyone, and i am not intending for this to be an attack. Just in the spirit of community feedback, and because the UNMC was brought up the way it was, i thought i'd put my perspective of it out there.

I'm gonna start out by saying this is not meant to stir hate, or trouble in any way.

Since we're doing community feedback, and the UNMC was brought up the way it was, i thought i'd give my perspective.

My perspective, by the way, has been formed by information that was available to me at the time, combined with my own memory of events i saw happen.

I understand i more than likely don't have the entire picture, and given the time span, my memory will probably be a bit off, but here it is nonetheless.

I was a UNMC sergeant. I was on the inside when it started to decline. While there were issues within the ranks, at the time, and i guess still, it felt like it was issues that wasn't out of the ordinary, and that could've been resolved, but was exacerbated by what felt like management mistreatment of the UNMC as a whole.

Let's start with the threads to remove. My recollection is, we had equipment available to us, and people who knew how to use it, i'm shit in a gunfight so i'm not among those people, but as a result of that, often times we'd come out on top in gunfights. Aside from the times where gangs, and police especially, would intentionally wait til the midnight restart where most UNMC had gone off for the night before launching an attack, i don't recall us losing a lot of gunfights. I feel that's where most of those threads stemmed from. People would lose a fight, and cry fowl.

While on the topic of late night attacks. Police were doing that a lot at one point. For a while it was sure as amen in church, come midnight restart, they'd launch an attack and claim big victory.

We'd raise concerns about it, and most everybody, staff and management included, would shush it down. It was fine, police could do that. Okay, cool. We'd do exactly the same thing to them in retaliation, cause seasoned russian military unit, we weren't just gonna sit and take getting attacked, police would kick up a big fuss about it and people, staff and management included, would take their side. We'd try to point out "hey, this was done to us and was deemed to be okay", and we'd basically get kicked to the curb.

There were just a lot of things said and done that made us feel like staff had it in for us. @Vladic Ka especially, outright said on streams he wanted us gone. I recall at least a couple of times on stream he would call abuse of power, power gaming, or just plain bad RP, often times for doing nothing more than police were doing, and still are doing, without them getting any flak for it.

I remember one episode, @eval_betty was streaming RPUK. And he decided, like many before him had done, to go challenge the UNMC rule of the checkpoint not being a place to be hanging out. He wanted to poke the bear, as was his thing.

So he went to the checkpoint, and started doing essentially what equates to the stereo typical bully holding a finger close to someones face going "i'm not touching you, i'm not touching you", hurling abusive remarks in the process.

So the soldier there, i forget who it was, followed procedure. Gave betty multiple verbal warnings to back off, and leave the checkpoint. He was met with more abuse and "i'm not touching you". The soldier eventually had enough and made it clear that if betty didn't start heading down the road, he'd be taken into custody, and dealt with. Betty went to a nearby bush and sat there, which wasn't all that uncommon for people to do.

So the soldier went and took him into custody, as had been done with many before betty who refused to heed warnings, and ended up executing him. Betty disapproved, devolved into trash talking the soldier, resulting in a barrage of TS abusive being hurled at the soldier by bettys following, and no one doing anything about it. Vladic just sat there like "well i agree with betty".

I believe that was Vladics main complaint. That we went too often and too quickly to the execution. The thing is, we put a lot of effort into avoiding it. Some were stripped naked, knee capped and let go, some were taken to a remote location and left there. Some were used as forced labor, and others were tortured and later let go. The exodus charter were only really used for people who had gone out of their way to poke us. And Vladic didn't seem to see that.

Another situation, Vladic came into our channels, clearly intoxicated, telling a story of "police didn't play ball with my scenario, so i want the UNMC and the gangs of altis to do an HM and kick their butts, with the UNMC organizing it", giving no thought to whether or not it made sense for us to do such a thing within RP. He was initially declined, to which he responded by talking down to us, so we tried brainstorming ideas on the fly. The general response from vladic to this was essentially "nope, wrong, bad. Not good enough." 

We eventually get an OP going, and whooped the butts of the police. Job was done so we pulled out. That wasn't good enough either. He wanted us to stand around shooting our guns in the air with the rest of the rebels, again giving no thought to whether or not it made RP sense.

What broke the camels back, was when we were pushing hard for territory expansion, and everything we tried just getting shot down. For weeks, if not months, we put real effort into coming up with new job ideas, and ideas for runs. Ideas for new checkpoints were thought of, developed and presented. All got rejected.

Scenarios to take more ground were put together and played out. The scenario to take Paros was played out, and ended in our favor. Barely so, but we took Paros. It got ignored. Nothing happened.

I don't recall who the dev were at the time, but i remember someone mentioning we weren't gonna get any work done on our side, cause the dev just couldn't be bothered. That's when people gave up. 

That's when it turned into a "shitshow". Sure, people got in that shouldn't have, and some command decisions were made that were not as great as they could've been, but it didn't truly go down hill til after a year+ of everything we did being deemed as wrong in some way, and nearly every attempt to course correct basically getting shot down.

If memory serves, which it very well may not, we even tried for a full command change, which was also halted. I remember @blaze1981 saying the only reason he stuck around for the last 6 or so months of it, was because management had told him that if he left, the UNMC would get shut down, and so he stuck around, in spite of wanting to leave, because he didn't want to ruin it for everyone else.

To end this, i feel i should mention again, i am not putting this out there to cause trouble. I harbor no real grudge against anyone, and i am not intending for this to be an attack. Just in the spirit of community feedback, and because the UNMC was brought up the way it was, i thought i'd put my perspective of it out there.
And i was also in the UNMC at the time lets not pretend like UNMC did not get development at the end because thats bollocks they got loads. Look back at what the UNMC was in the end the people who were in leadership it was a joke.

And i was also in the UNMC at the time lets not pretend like UNMC did not get development at the end because thats bollocks they got loads. Look back at what the UNMC was in the end the people who were in leadership it was a joke.
I agree, the last half-ish year was complete crap, but my impression of the reason behind that was that people had lost their will to fight. They had no energy to keep trying, so they didn't.

The fight for Paros was the last hail mary, so far as i saw it. When that fell through, that's when people finally gave up, and it started turning into proper shit. People had put a lot of effort, time, and energy into trying to get it to work, myself included. We basically begged and pleaded, but nothing came of it. 

When i resigned, 6-7 or so months before the disbandment, nothing i knew of pointed towards the UNMC getting anything that was being pushed for. From the outside, things seemed to remain the same right up until the disbandment, and while i did hear of something big actually being worked on as the disbandment happened, i don't know how true it is, and i suspect it would've been too little, too late anyways.

This has now been implemented, All new players to the server now receive £250,000

Thank you for voting for this change, I know its a small change in the files but many thanks to @Jaffa for amending this and getting it into this weeks update so the community can see there votes put into almost immediate action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back