What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

New Ban System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator
ruleslogo.png

Changing the way we deal with bans

The community recently voted on how Roleplay UK deals with bans and the community overwhelmingly voted 206 to 32 for a new approach and today we the staff team are proud to bring change as per your votes!

View attachment 13613

Our ban system has transitioned from a permanent ban system to an automated timed ban system where the ban length and rule number will be listed in the ban reason. These bans will automatically expire at the time given in the ban reason, for that reason we will not be accepting ban appeals for any timed ban. You should be aware however that some rules still carry permanent bans. The length of your ban are the following:

1st Ban - 24 hour ban
2nd Ban - 48 hour ban
3rd Ban - 1 Week Ban
4th Ban - Permanent Ban (Requires Appeal)

This will reset every six months from your last ban to give players a clean slate for continued good behaviour, it should be recognised however that staff may use their discretion to determine if players are using this system to their advantage to facilitate their breaking of rules. Repeated offences of the same rulebreak will escalate up the scale faster. If you receive a 24 hour ban for 2.2 RDM, get unbanned and RDM a second time within 6 months you will move to a 1 week ban.

We have just updated the rules page here

Please have a good read and update yourself on what rules do not result in temporary bans if breached, The rules are referenced on the rule page with "permanent ban" in bold after the rule, These will need to be appealed as normal, To be clear all other rules are temporary bans as per above.

With this change we will be saying goodbye to the permanent ban appeal forum by the end of October and all appeals will be dealt with in one appeal forum going forward as temporary appeals cannot be appealed the only appeals going forward will be Perm bans either breaching one of the permanent ban rules or reaching your 4th ban within a six month period.

We now operate a more lenient system, and one that is more fairer to players who accidentally break a rule, There is no need for long winded appeals which means your friends will be back with you in a given time and hopefully refreshed and now aware of the rule they broke.

However and sorry to lower the tone with this exciting new change, I want to be clear that this system should not be abused, We will now be using an internal flag system where staff will be flagging players who they suspect breaking rules on purpose for whatever reason so please don't!

The staff team have worked incredibly hard to implement this vote so deserve a lot of credit! Please thank them!

I am pleased to announce this new system is now fully Implemented! You voted we listened!

wilco.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Would people be able to go on the teamspeak in Join For Support to appeal the timed bans if they get falsely banned somehow (not sure how you would get falsely banned but just asking if this would be an option)?

@Scott Weiland Good question

People join teamspeak support to question bans already! So there isn't an issue with this.

Its unlikely there will be false bans in the last 5 and a half years there hasn't been many cases so unless there is solid recorded evidence or a very valid reason (staff discretion) timed appeals will not be overturned before there expiry date/time

@Scott Weiland Good question

People join teamspeak support to question bans already! So there isn't an issue with this.

Its unlikely there will be false bans in the last 5 and a half years there hasn't been many cases so unless there is solid recorded evidence or a very valid reason (staff discretion) timed appeals will not be overturned before there expiry date/time
Just a question about the unban process, are blanket bans still a perm appeal, or will some of them be unbanned in the unbanwave aswell?

@SI JAEGARN We have not announced the mass unban yet, that will follow hopefully tomorrow with an announcement.

Each person as been judged based on the terms set out in the community vote for the mass unban so unless they fit into the "will not" category they should be unbanned.

In the future we will only apply blanket bans where absolutely necessary to allow minimum disruption to the server and community and up until that decision is taken the staff team will apply bans to each individual based on what rule is breach as per the rules listed on the rule page.

@SI JAEGARN We have not announced the mass unban yet, that will follow hopefully tomorrow with an announcement.

Each person as been judged based on the terms set out in the community vote for the mass unban so unless they fit into the "will not" category they should be unbanned.

In the future we will only apply blanket bans where absolutely necessary to allow minimum disruption to the server and community and up until that decision is taken the staff team will apply bans to each individual based on what rule is breach as per the rules listed on the rule page.
Fair enough. Just wondering as some people has been caught up in blankets, but they themself wasnt actually part of what was going on at the time 🙂 Thanks for clearing my head up

So does this mean we all start as if we have no bans or would my next one be straight to a perm? @Wilco

Like Shaun said great addition my only criticism would be possibly have considered this earlier down the line. But again good to see this change

How will the TS aspect of the unban work?

If records are being wiped does this include forum warning points/restrictions?

Like Shaun said great addition my only criticism would be possibly have considered this earlier down the line. But again good to see this change
Voted for now, added now. 

Come on..

You might be right, or you might be very mistaken, we are on new grounds here but I hope the rules will be still taken very seriously.

Does this mean, all previously  perma banned players get a fresh start 😮 ?
@PLF Wolf yes if they find themselves unbanned after the mass unban, an announcement will outline that today, this announcement is regarding how we deal with bans now

You might be right, or you might be very mistaken, we are on new grounds here but I hope the rules will be still taken very seriously.
I feel like people will still take the rules as serious now as they ever have. This way it just opens up more free time for admins as they won’t need to constantly do unban appeals. 

I feel like people will still take the rules as serious now as they ever have. This way it just opens up more free time for admins as they won’t need to constantly do unban appeals. 
I mean, I can understand Wilcos concern tho, the risk is that with the new system people will think that 24 hrs isn't that long and kind of accept that ban if they can break some rule here and there. Thus meaning staff will have to keep a closer eye at repeat offenders. But we don't know of course, might as well try this system!

I mean, I can understand Wilcos concern tho, the risk is that with the new system people will think that 24 hrs isn't that long and kind of accept that ban if they can break some rule here and there. Thus meaning staff will have to keep a closer eye at repeat offenders. But we don't know of course, might as well try this system!
Exactly, I mean 24 hours or not I’m pretty sure if you play the server daily like a high percentage of people do I’m sure you don’t want to get yourself banned. I know I wouldn’t, I guess there’s positives and possible negatives to this change. But imo the positives highly outway the negatives. Everything’s worth a try 🙂 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back