What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

my donor perks are gone

Romly

my name isn't purple anymore and I can't have a profile song even though I donated £10 as shown in the Print Screen and this makes me really cross.#

image.jpegimage.png

Whaaaaaat, that's a bit shit? Was that in small print or something?

I had a bit of a look and it doesn't say anywhere that I lose my forum perks after 30 days, I'm not that mad because I'm a bit of a baller init bruv.
images

But come one guys, you need to have that in the info before I swipe my bludclart card. 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's basically a product that I've bought. To have a purple name and a profile video, and now I've been hit with a, "Oh, it's only 30 days long.."

Imagine buying a can of beans from Tesco, going home, then a month later they kick your door in, calmly walk past you, remove the beans from your cupboard, and walk out.

image.jpeg

Imagine buying a can of beans from Tesco, going home, then a month later they kick your door in, calmly walk past you, remove the beans from your cupboard, and walk out.
Or imagine buying some shitty can of beans that meats the experation date in 30days

yeah, everything about it would make you think that its not temporary. "One time donation" makes you think you only have to donate, well, one time. And it is never said at any stage that it is a temporary set of perks. £10 a month for a purple name is quite steep imo. I think alot more people would donate if it was a more reasonable price, like a fiver a month or something. Maybe have a years donation for £50.

also

image.png

🤔

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think ppl would mind the monthly fee if you actually got something in game. Like a members skin for some vehicles maybe a spawn point gives an incentive for more to donate aswell

@Butch there’s something in Bohemia’s donation rules that prevent significant in game benefits (ie locked behind a paywall without other ways to unlock it). Could be wrong but donation benefits are hard to make unique within their terms.

Also agree that £10 for only 30 days is a bit steep - but I suppose it kinda encourages people to donate to unlock these perks again? I guess... Should unlock x amount of profile songs/signature changes etc, or a permanent benefit that lasts outside of 30 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Butch there’s something in Bohemia’s donation rules that prevent significant in game benefits (ie locked behind a paywall without other ways to unlock it). Could be wrong but donation benefits are hard to make unique within their terms
It is okay for things to be behind a paywall as long as they don’t give an advantage I believe. So donations for skins is allows but making it so donors get zafir  or something isn’t. They is probably a way to make donor get worthwhile perks in game if you carefully study the terms but then there will need to be scales for investor, life time and normal etc 

Used to be a system where you could donate custom amounts and get awards for things like donating 4.20 but it has changed now so you have to donate in 10s. Think that would be nice to see this old system again not everyone has a tenner just laying around but if you could donate a couple quid then more people would donate. Especialy with the forum awards.

yeah, everything about it would make you think that its not temporary. "One time donation" makes you think you only have to donate, well, one time. And it is never said at any stage that it is a temporary set of perks. £10 a month for a purple name is quite steep imo. I think alot more people would donate if it was a more reasonable price, like a fiver a month or something. Maybe have a years donation for £50.

also

View attachment 13676

🤔
Its called professional scamming

Back