What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Is there a website that allows people see other players money count?

Pexii-_-

Is there a website that allows people see other players money count? I remember two years back, when I started playing, there was a website to see how much they've earned in the past week/month. Is that still around or am I just chatting shit?

You used to be able to use the stats page on the forums but thats gone now, idk if theres other ways

No, such public stats have GDPR issues, one day we may build something that allows you to login and see your own stats.

No, such public stats have GDPR issues, one day we may build something that allows you to login and see your own stats.
What about making players accept an agreement when they first join the server allowing you to use and publish their player stats?

What about making players accept an agreement when they first join the server allowing you to use and publish their player stats?
That wont hold. GDPR has become a big issue in EU and UK.

The issue is you being able to see others information without their specific concent.

Last edited by a moderator:
That wont hold. GDPR has become a big issue in EU and UK.

The issue is you being able to see others information without their specific concent.
But isn’t them accepting an agreement to use their stats and publish it specific consent?

But isn’t them accepting an agreement to use their stats and publish it specific consent?
Its complicated with GDPR concent.
Thats why servers are removing the stats pages, and most private info that was given before the new law, and have adviced their community of the changes and why this is happening 🙂

But as the devs says they are working to make a stat page for your self, possible more within GDPR rules. Give it some time 😉

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy Ya'll,

Not an EU citizen obviously, but as I will be returning to this server soon, I do believe I have the right to comment on any policies that would effect my personal information. i.e. "Privacy."

In the USA, Identity theft is a huge issue.  Especially while online.  We have very similar laws in place that protect the privacy of people while on the internet.  Companies who do business online also have very strict rules that they must abide by in order to be in compliance.  The fines imposed for any company not in compliance are very steep, and in many cases, could put said company out of business forever.

The GDPR regulation on data protection and privacy is there to protect people.  I  would question the motives of anybody who would request the personal information of any players in this game.  In addition, why would anybody willingly sign anything allowing their personal information to be view-able by the general population. Moreover, it would not make any difference if they did, the laws are in place and no company would risk the fines even if people agreed to show their personal information.

Management is doing the right thing in keeping themselves in compliance, and I believe that even if no law were in place, wouldn't knowingly risk the privacy of anyone on this server by allowing personal information to be view-able to the general public.

That's just not in good form...

My 3 cents

The GDPR regulation on data protection and privacy is there to protect people.  I  would question the motives of anybody who would request the personal information of any players in this game.  In addition, why would anybody willingly sign anything allowing their personal information to be view-able by the general population. Moreover, it would not make any difference if they did, the laws are in place and no company would risk the fines even if people agreed to show their personal information.
Well, pretty sure the electoral register is peoples public information for public access in both the US and UK. Aided by sites such as 192.

Well, pretty sure the electoral register is peoples public information for public access in both the US and UK. Aided by sites such as 192.
Correct, the electoral register (sometimes called the 'electoral roll' lists the names and addresses of everyone who's registered to vote.  Same in the US.  However, that's all it lists.  it does not gives personal information such as login information, passwords, etc.  I suppose if a person(s) were to dig a little, they could use said information and hack somebodies life.

Furthermore, yes, there are "many sites" that spend all their time hacking peoples information in order to sell said information on their websites which is bad enough.   But this par-tickler topic is another discussion all together.  ;-)

I believe we are not talking about generalities.  We are talking about specific websites like gaming companies allowing a person's private information to be read by other members.  Which is a breach of the privacy laws.

To be fair, I guess the original question was only referencing seeing someones cash count right...  So I probably spoke out of turn, elaborating on a totally different aspect of the question.

My apologies for any offence

Back