Experience the Altis Life
keyboard_arrow_right
ALTIS LIFE 1
ALTIS LIFE 2
DAYZ UK
TEAMSPEAK

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

Tadeusz

Deemed illicit trade

Tadeusz

Due to the recent governance review traffic has increased to the island and a recent poseidon operation has been called which shows the cartel has been rather busy as of late. My questions to the leadership of the cartel are as follows; will they given the new circumstances, review the decision on what is currently deemed as illicit trade within the cartels lands? and if so, would the border pass provide protection from the cartel? 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

charlito

the operation was a joke and is not in force.

any trade that is not high grade weed or meth is illegal.
poseidon are not required to protect anyone, even with a border pass. we will act in the best interest of the cartel.

even if the op was in force, why would that change anything?

• Facepalm 5

Tadeusz
9 minutes ago, charlito said:

the operation was a joke and is not in force.

any trade that is not high grade weed or meth is illegal.
poseidon are not required to protect anyone, even with a border pass. we will act in the best interest of the cartel.

even if the op was in force, why would that change anything?

I don't mean to be rude, but are you a capo? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

charlito
15 minutes ago, Tadeusz said:

I am not, I didn't read that it was directed at leadership so my bad

15 minutes ago, Tadeusz said:

I am not, I didn't read that it was directed at leadership so my bad

Tadeusz
32 minutes ago, charlito said:

I am not, I didn't read that it was directed at leadership so my bad. 

No worries

RaptorAM
1 hour ago, Tadeusz said:

Due to the recent governance review traffic has increased to the island and a recent poseidon operation has been called which shows the cartel has been rather busy as of late. My questions to the leadership of the cartel are as follows; will they given the new circumstances, review the decision on what is currently deemed as illicit trade within the cartels lands? and if so, would the border pass provide protection from the cartel? 

No change. If you read through the 'operation' fully you would have noticed the part at the end that explains it's a piss take.

However it should be noted, until there is an end to the shit show that is breaking point our aggression levels will stay elevated.

• Like 2

Tadeusz

Fair do's, but shouldnt that aggression not be targeted against cillians but more towards the police? If police aggression is a continuing problem which you have pointed out, then surely deeming what players are initially told is a legal duty as illegal somewhat justifies what operation breakpoint pertains that the cartel does? 

An excerpt from the breakpoint statement; 

"The Cartel are not only stopping at putting officers lives in danger, they have also been targeting civilians and causing distress throughout the whole of Altis. Due to this, as of 13/10/2039, Operation Breaking-Point will be put into affect." 

Part of that statement is that the cartel targets civilians. My other concern is that it is potentially affecting newcomers from establishing within the server. When a newcomer connects say they ask what's a safe and decent legal trade that has a good profit margin. They are told oil, but they happen to decide the one in on the other side of the map looks like a safer option. Only to then have the oil confiscated by poseidon. 

And lastly, I have given a full read through of the "operation" perhaps it would've been better in the comedy section of the forums?? It very much looks like a joke as opposed to an official counter operation. It just doesn't look right at all in a whitelisted factions forum. 

This is my own personal view and does not necessarily reflect the view of staff or management xox

• Like 1
  • Eggplant 1
  • Facepalm 2

George-Harris

I don't think you should take the propaganda that the Police spurt out all the time as the truth and fact. ''Cartel has been targeting civilians and causing distress". We have excellent rapport with the citizens of Pyrgos and are lenient when we deem appropriate.

Our statement on trade in our land is clear and available publicly to those who want to trade in our lands.

Ps: Literally says at the bottom of 'Operation Point-Break' that it is a joke 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

Tadeusz
45 minutes ago, George-Harris said:

I don't think you should take the propaganda that the Police spurt out all the time as the truth and fact. ''Cartel has been targeting civilians and causing distress". We have excellent rapport with the citizens of Pyrgos and are lenient when we deem appropriate.

Our statement on trade in our land is clear and available publicly to those who want to trade in our lands.

Ps: Literally says at the bottom of 'Operation Point-Break' that it is a joke 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sorry my bad, To clarify my earlier point in regards to the statement "cartel targeting civilians blah blah blah" if that's the case why is it then that anyone who wants to do say, cement for example is subject to conviction? Sorry but that does not make sense. I know the real reason behind the move was to give the group something more to do. Isn't it time to consider stop giving the police the excuses on making these operations?? 

• Facepalm 1

Simon Ross

Ngl I haven’t seen this cop operation actually doing anything anyway - they have been passive when they normally would be and aggressive when they also normally are 

• Like 1

LiL Jeep
4 hours ago, Tadeusz said:

The Cartel are not only stopping at putting officers lives in danger, they have also been targeting civilians and causing distress throughout the whole of Altis. Due to this, as of 13/10/2039, Operation Breaking-Point will be put into affect.

Could the source of this information be made public? i assume you made a survey? @Jamie

Ji Mitch

Hello, I am a civilian and Poseidon are causing me distress.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eggplant 1

Qrow
On 29/10/2019 at 19:28, Ji Mitch said:

Hello, I am a civilian and Poseidon are causing me distress.

Attempting to win a competition for the number of fibs in 1 sentence? Need a longer sentence.

3FingerGaming
8 minutes ago, Qrow said:

Attempting to win a competition for the number of fibs in 1 sentence? Need a longer sentence.

Sam Qrow is a very active and good Capo..... 

(do i win 😛 ) 

Qrow
16 hours ago, 3FingerGaming said:

Sam Qrow is a very active and good Capo..... 

(do i win 😛 ) 

There's no lies in that sentence? 

• Haha 1

ShaunLAD

idek why people put all of these shit ‘operations’ up 

I know I’m one to talk but cops clearly only put them up because there bored on the server and want a reason to target posiedon because it’s free fights😂

• Like 7
  • Wow 1
  • PagChomp 1