What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Disk Capacity

Javier

So my issues is that My pc hasn't been running well for the past couple months and I've factory resetted but it has not helped a single bit, for example i'll open one app and my PC will just lag really badly. So i went into the performance on task manager and viewed the disk and this came up: 

Disk 0 (C:)

Intel Optane+931GBHDD

Capacity:    932 GB
    Formatted:    930 GB
    System disk:    Yes
    Page file:    Yes

Read speed    192 KB/s
    Write speed    98.0 KB/s
    Active time    3%
    Average response time    3.5 ms

My main issue is the formatted is the formatted data as i don't know if this is the cause of my PC running really poorly?  If so does anyone know how to sort this? I also did try another factory reset and it never worked
Also MY pc is A Pre-Built Lenovo Legion Y520-25Ikl With windows 10 and 8GB of RAM, cheers in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried booting up from another drive? You may have a hard drive issue. 

First of all...

Check your spelling.

ZPRHbYb.png

Then I'd do a few different things to see where the issues lie. Please bear in mind that you follow my advice below at your own risk. I'm not responsible if you somehow manage to severely fuck something up.

1) Run WinDirStat - Can be acquired here https://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/windirstat/windirstat1_1_2_setup.exe

Run it and it'll draw out a graphic representing your drive, it'll cluster together files found within files, but what you should be looking out for are the larger "chunks". Have a click around, see if you can find any particularly large files. If there's anything huuuuge and you're confident you can remove it, then you might find you can free up some disk space. But as long as your drive isn't filled to capacity, it shouldn't be causing large amounts of lag.

Here's an example of my main drive running WinDirStat

TmhWaS3.jpg

2) CHKDSK

If it's still running slow, you can always have Windows run a scan for bad drive sectors and system file errors. Open up "This PC", right click on the drive that's running slow, click properties, tools and click "Check". Click on the "Scan the drive" prompt. If there are any errors, it should attempt to fix them!

QxG0lMp.png

Hopefully all of this is of at least some use!
Let me know how it goes!

Back