What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Weird Beeping and Lagging when shooting?

Louis

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
So this has been happening for a while now I can't find a fix anywhere for it. 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So as you can see from the video above when I am scoped in and holding my breathe via holding down right click and also tap firing. By doing this every so often I will get a beeping sound (This nose comes from System sounds not Arma 3) and also will freeze my movement not allowing me to look in any direction. Only once I have let go of both mouse keys after about 2 seconds I can look around again. 

Fixes I have already tried but haven't worked:

1. I have tried using a different mouse
  2. Updated all drivers
  3. Verified Arma 3 game cache 
  4. Restarted PC
If any has any idea of how to fix this it would be appreciated.

I was going to write a whole long winded fix for you, but there is a YouTube video I quickly found for you which goes over the basic fixes! Give these a try first. Hopefully something here works, if it remains after let us know and I'll look into it further, I have only experienced it once on a netlab machine.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
@PC Louis

Method1: I suggest you to perform the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for mouse and check if it helps. (Sometimes when you update your drivers some data is still remained in the cache which can cause issues, this will wipe it clearn and update your drivers without leaving any "junk" behind.)

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.
2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.
3. Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
4. Right click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.

Note: if mouse is not working, then use tab key and arrow keys to update the driver.

Method 3: Beeps other then windows sounds are from the MB, and often relate to memory problems. hence the mouse lag. You might like to run a memtest and or update your MB chipset drivers.

Had this issue on my old pc and method 1 worked for me just fine. If that dosen't work try the other one as it has seemed to work for others.

Back