What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

The current situation of the server towards new players

Mark_02

Banned
Unlinked
See due to new players coming onto the server and having no clue what to do I think that the community should step up and help them.

This could be anything from showing them how to get a pistol to showing them how to do diamonds. As the new player base is what is going to keep this community alive.

From speaking to newer members of the community I have came to the realisation that poseidon are not improving the situation. I am not saying that they are the only reason but they are a contributing factor. As even know the "opperation" is a piss take people who are trying to do the legal trades like diamonds and salt are being targeted and told that they have to pay for the run. Although they have a pass. I dont see the reasoning behind this, if you were a new player and had just started, shown how to do diamonds and then go there for the cartel to say you cant do it and then scrap their trucks. A fair few newer members of the community had said that that happened to them.

As well as Some members of the police they just simpily ignore the newer members and tend to the gunfights when a big part of the role is community policing, As members of a faction: Police, Poseidon and The NHS are the frount and usually the standard for rp and are quite often looked at by the newer members.

What I am trying to say is that is as some long standing membere and some slightly newer members should take some time in order to help the new player base, And Staff maby if you witness a member of the community helping newer players reward them, this isn't just for staff anyone can do this really. 

Poseidon Please dont prohibit newer players from doing legal runs as it ruins the experience and espically if you steal/scrap their truck because what sort of message is that sending to them about our community.

Police, If you see someone in need of help, Help them as you are seen as role models in the eyes of a hobo, they look to you for good rp and yous set a standard. Maby instead of prioritizing a gunfight maby take the time and help someone.

NHS, well under the command of the great Louie yous are great!

Anyone else, the same goes for you just like the police, provide good rp, show them how to make money, get a gun, buy a truck what ever it is as it shows the community in a good light.

Ik this is long but from now on If I see someone helping a new player I am going to reward it, and I suggest you do the same as with out the new players we wont be here!

** This is my own opinion and should be taken as that**

Last edited by a moderator:
Poseidon Please dont prohibit newer players from doing legal runs as it ruins the experience and espically if you steal/scrap their truck because what sort of message is that sending to them about our community.
I completly agree with everything but this is gonna be abused cause poseidon can't know if its a hobo or not as people know how to pretend to be a hobo and get trough poseidon's security and then you still have abusing of this.

I completly agree with everything but this is gonna be abused cause poseidon can't know if its a hobo or not as people know how to pretend to be a hobo and get trough poseidon's security and then you still have abusing of this.
Exactly besides we are a cartel and as far as im aware cartel people aint exactly the most pleasent bunch to drink tea and eat crumpets with so if you wish to do that while you are taking our diamonds you can kindly fuck off to the cops. Also the whole "legal runs are illegal" is not set in stone which means we can let yo go if you bribe us or we come to some sort of a deal end of the day we wanted some more interactions than just "yo have you got a pass" and then the guy quickly showed you it and ignored you doing his run. Now at least we have some negotiationg going on and bribing etc. We have also told other people in the faction if they do diamonds (or anythign else legal) they shouldnt straight away scrap his truck and kick him out of the area , if it did end in a scrap its most likely the guy was a dick or something as we never (as far as im aware) scrap without a reason behind it.

Fair do's, I feel I have stated how I feel about the current situation regarding poseidon interactions but the short and curly is they need stuff to do. To that end if their is something else we can do to repair that in the meantime then we should look into it. As for new players AFM is always happy to help guide new players. 

Having said that currently my computer is buggered and is in for repairs. 

Any of my opinions expressed do not reflect that of the staff team or management

Exactly besides we are a cartel and as far as im aware cartel people aint exactly the most pleasent bunch to drink tea and eat crumpets with so if you wish to do that while you are taking our diamonds you can kindly fuck off to the cops. Also the whole "legal runs are illegal" is not set in stone which means we can let yo go if you bribe us or we come to some sort of a deal end of the day we wanted some more interactions than just "yo have you got a pass" and then the guy quickly showed you it and ignored you doing his run. Now at least we have some negotiationg going on and bribing etc. We have also told other people in the faction if they do diamonds (or anythign else legal) they shouldnt straight away scrap his truck and kick him out of the area , if it did end in a scrap its most likely the guy was a dick or something as we never (as far as im aware) scrap without a reason behind it.
Exactly and i like the idea of more interaction, bribing etc. And thats why i think hobo's shouldn't get a free pass and then they know not to make poseidon angry so they learn something from it too. And it wouldn't be fair for us (the what expierenced players) cause we also want to do diamond runs but we cant cause poseidon but a hobo gets a free pass wich i think just wouldn't be fair. But besides all of this a little more help for hobo's so they dont start VDMing or RDMing you as soon as they get their hands on a gun, would be very very nice.

@Storm The Smuggler I'm not saying to give them a pass. But it is just like @Eemil said if they are trying to do diamonds and they get jumped by 20 poseidon. This whole "Legal runs are illegal" is a shit thing to do. As if you were a new player and they just try to make some money and 20 poseidon members come at you and start shouting and then kill you, will you come back.

@Nuclear  it is this We are a cartel we are Hard lads. That is exactly what I'm getting at, first off all your pretending to be a member of a drug cartel, and with out the new playet base being our future then you cant do that. So rp with older members if the community and do that. But if you see some one who is new. Simpily dont be a dick to them.

Dont show the new players how to do diamonds that poor guy will just get jumped by 20 poseidon😂
Meh, it might be inevitable but I'm sure we can come up with a few RP Ideas for various poseidon locales and steer them away from diamonds 🙂

@Nuclear  it is this We are a cartel we are Hard lads. That is exactly what I'm getting at, first off all your pretending to be a member of a drug cartel, and with out the new playet base being our future then you cant do that. So rp with older members if the community and do that. But if you see some one who is new. Simpily dont be a dick to them.
New player base ? theres barely any new players the only people sticking around here are old old members of the community we should be working on server development to keep the old guys and if its going to be good new people will come with that. I do not discirminate if i want to do something to someone ill do it to whoever i want whenever i want ebing new is not going to save you from it.Excuse of  being new and just sugar coating them is not really prepearing them for the harsh reality of this server its either you man up or you get stepped all over sorry but thats the truth.

Was on last night as a hobo in kav and a Poseidon 4WD rolls up on me, two people jump out and straight initiate on me to get out. No previous role play or interaction. Just a straight initiation. Its easy to see why new players are discouraged when stuff like this happens.

The problem is certain groups of people within Poseidon give them a bad name and reputation, which is partly why there have been calls for a reform of the faction.

The problem is certain groups of people within Poseidon give them a bad name and reputation, which is partly why there have been calls for a reform of the faction.
Oh yeah without a doubt theres always going to be stuff like that its the same for gangs and police obviously if we get word of anything we deal with it if needed.

Diamonds are the highest paying legal run on the server, other than robbers previously there was 0 threat to doing them.  This adds a new dynamic making a very profitable run difficult, why should everything be easy?  If you want to do diamonds now you have to be on your toes or be ready to bribe/ fight for them, it isn’t your right to be able to have access to the legal runs without being fucked with.  Sometimes everyone has to lose.

other than robbers previously there was 0 threat to doing them
Robbers make a big part of the risk for diamonds, so having to worry about Poseidon makes the run way more difficult than it should be. Like others have said, if they buy a pass, Poseidon should just allow them to do their run like they normally did.

Idk about all of you, but if I’m ever on as Poseidon then 90% of the time I let people just carry on with their legal runs. I just usually accept bribes in either 100k or a piece of clothing/equipment. But saying that, not many do diamonds now. For everyone 1 person doing diamonds, there’s about 12 doing pos weed

I definetly agree with your point on showing some leniency to fresh new players. The only problem I have with this is that new players aren't really meant to be doing diamonds right from the start. Didn't everyone start out with apples in an offroad and move up through the different metals and various other legal or illegal runs. I don't think we should be making it too easy to complete the highest paying run right from the start.

• Facepalm
Reactions: Ji

it is this We are a cartel we are Hard lads. That is exactly what I'm getting at, first off all your pretending to be a member of a drug cartel, and with out the new playet base being our future then you cant do that. So rp with older members if the community and do that. But if you see some one who is new. Simpily dont be a dick to them.

we're never dicks to new players mark we can actually spot when someone is pulling our leg and when someone genuinely doesn't know who or what the cartel is.We are the cartel we aren't supposed to be sweetness and light our very mandate is to be utter bastards if the need arises and you know from personal experience that when we have to be evil we can be very very evil.

New players are always going to have more bad experiences with rebels and civs then they ever will with the whitelist factions. Despite what alot of people (most of whom have zero experience within Poseidon) say about us.Most genuinely give a fuck about the community and about keeping people coming back to the server.

A lot of new players don't read the rules first (I know that they should) but its like terms and conditions some people skip past it, some people also have a hard time reading and therefore are put off from reading all of the many rules that are in place. 

So i think its a good idea to take a Newbie under your wing every now and again, explain the rules to them and show them how to play either a legit life or a well RP'ed Rebel life, because we all started somewhere and the first people we meet usually determine how we will perceive and act in the game.

Honestly you're a part of the problem Mark, I've seen you on medic patrols tell cops to restrain bodies with an illegal firearm when it's just some hobo with an MX..

Back