What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

An Excuse to Shoot?

Stealthee

GTA RP Development Team Lead
I would love to get the conversation and thoughts restarted about the state of initiations.

Do people think this is acceptable? Put yourselves in the shoes of someone new, trying to make their first 500k doing apples. Those that have been here for years, or months need to set an example, we have had a few new players on and come back to learn and get involved the last few weeks. Pave the way for a better future.

https://clips.twitch.tv/embed?clip=AbstruseComfortableMonkeyBuddhaBar&autoplay=false

Edit: Yes the video was 100% to shame those involved but should open up the conversation and should get people acting. 

If you initiate like this, you need to put down the gun, and just roleplay to work on your initiations and roleplay in general.

People should go read Matt's post https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/95588-the-state-of-roleplay-and-“initiations”/

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to comment on this, and whether or not its acceptable, I've often heard this off of whitelisted factions. Never had a definitive answer off staff on if this is acceptable or not, so due to how common it is, I've been led to believe it was, guess I was wrong.

Personally I think the quality of roleplay on the server has dropped significantly over the 4 years I've been here. I do not think this is a fault of the server itself but rather the playerbase being a lot more frag oriented. 
If you just take a look at the suggestions the community has posted almost all of them are related to gunfights whether it be cheaper gear, better gear or more ways to start them or make them easier
I think most people who mainly play for roleplay has left or just don't play as much as you don't find any roleplay. The roleplay aspect does still exist but mostly only when people are fucking about otherwise you'll mostly have people playing to win and giving bare minumum to be able to shoot

I think the current rule set just spreads toxicity and doesn't encourage roleplay and plainly doesn't work anymore. All the RDM rule really does it force 2 people to say bare minimum they've seen someone get away with on a report and try and get an advantage whilst newer players get yelled at and punished because they didn't specify "hands up or I will have to use my weapon to harm you" which isn't even stated in the rules.

There are still players out there that are fun to roleplay with and will put in effort to actually create interesting scenarios but I'd say almost 75% of the server at any given time is out looking for gunfights and end up becoming so starved for frags that they end up skipping out on the roleplay to get their gunfights

Long story short, with the current playerbase people are too lazy to create roleplay scenarios or actually chase people so they end up shooting as fast as they can

Just because everyone does it ... doesn't mean you need to switch your brain off, just try saying something new something you haven't heard of before

This really isn't hard, I would suggest something off the top of my head but i guarantee it would become the new default

Does anyone have the original clip? The embed is wigging out in all my browsers

Last edited by a moderator:
I canny see the clip, someone send it to me on ts or something

Oh this is from a year ago, ignore me

@TikTak Cheers my dood

Ralphs always been very poetic with initiations and roleplay

My guys survived a long time in the community so he must be doing something right 

I mean, there’s a reason we ask for a five minute video in a report and not 30 second snippets. 

you don’t know if they’ve previously initiated from that video, or what previous interaction they’ve had.

Obviously if that was the entirety of it then it’s shit, but I wouldn’t judge without knowing the full story. 

Back