What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Teamspeak Music Bots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray

Mining Pogtonium
Lifetime Donator
Teamspeak Music Bots

Brief Summary:

Being able to have your own teamspeak music bot to use within the channels

Detailed Suggestion:

My suggestion is implementing the opportunity to be able to use teamspeak music bots again, i understand this has had issues before however restrictions would obviously be put in place to stop the abusing of the system. such as becoming a donator privilege

What improvement will this make to our Teamspeak:

The improvement would allow users to listen to music within the teamspeak channels and not have to have another program or web page open to do so

What might people dislike about your suggestion:

Some users dislike teamspeak music bots for a number of reasons some being that people could abuse them and play very loud and obnoxious sounds within. This can be combated with either blocking the bot or revoking the users privilege who abuses it. One suggestion could possible be that only donators can have music bots?

You confirm you have looked into this and it is possible on Teamspeak:

Yes

No +1/-1 etc in the comments please

Just use the left corner to vote! You may provide insightful comments below but our team do not want to be scrolling through pages of +1 to find good assisting suggestions or counter arguments. 

I agree bring them back (personally setup bots), but with restrictions to where they can be used again eg,

• Not allowed in any "active" roleplaying channel (Police, NHS and Poseidon channels)

• Allowed in donator private rooms

• Allowed in faction private rooms (EG, lounges and offices as long as not disturbing)

• Allowed in 2 of the marked public channels (Not all)

Edit: • Allowed in gang channels

Just some ideas for the restrictions

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Allow them in Gang channels

I also thing allowing them in 1 NHS channel wouldn’t cause any issues as there are 5 others, can be muted when necessary as well as NHS is much more chill compared to the rest - a lot of people listen to music when flying around anyway 

The only caveat that I'd insist on imposing is that the bot needs to be clearly marked with who owns it, as a point of contact if the bot is found to be causing a nuisance to people, the other half of that will be that whoever owns the bot will ultimately be held responsible for it. 

The only caveat that I'd insist on imposing is that the bot needs to be clearly marked with who owns it, as a point of contact if the bot is found to be causing a nuisance to people, the other half of that will be that whoever owns the bot will ultimately be held responsible for it. 
I agree with that seems only fair that whoever grants access to the bot should be responsible for it.

Only issue I can see is that the TS server restricts people using VPNs.
Correct me if im wrong but unless the music bots are self hosted I think most of the bought ones will class as a VPN. So they may need to be whitelisted by management.

But a new TeamSpeak role for an "authorised bot" seems like the correct way to go, then staff can keep a list on who owns which bot. So if its abused then it goes back on to the owner.

Only issue I can see is that the TS server restricts people using VPNs.
Correct me if im wrong but unless the music bots are self hosted I think most of the bought ones will class as a VPN. So they may need to be whitelisted by management.

But a new TeamSpeak role for an "authorised bot" seems like the correct way to go, then staff can keep a list on who owns which bot. So if its abused then it goes back on to the owner.
We have VPN Whitelisting tags so this won't be an issue if it arrises.

I'd go with Stealthee's suggestion not in active white list patrol channels but office/lounge/private donator channels i don't really see an issue as these channels are generally used by folk just chilling and not actually playing on the server.Also Aidens idea of marking said bots to the owner should they become to obnoxious also a ban for anyone who plays ANY Billie Eilish songs.

Suppose this suggestion can be closed now as its implemented and bots are back

Moved to implemented.

Please see this document for our guidance / rules for TS bots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back