What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Getting knocked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busterguy

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Getting knocked out.

Detailed Rule Suggestion:

A while ago it was considered not realistic to knock someone out who has a weapon in their hands and aimed towards you. This was due to the fact of the way the knock-out works it's an instant hit and there is no "fight".
Then the staff team made a decision to get rid of this and once again allow it.
This topic is to gage to the opinion of the community on this and if we should add the a rule back again to regulate it.

who would you be allowed to knock out in what state?
See the below pictures:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Outline how your rule will improve the server/community:

At the moment people are using knock out just to kick off gunfights as its a cheap way to take someone out of the fight from the start.

Think about any bad points your rule suggestion might have:

Only downside I can see is that when people like to take someone hostage they may end up having to kill them if they fight back.
But on the contrary, this could bring more RP by getting them revived or trying to keep them alive with blood bags etc.

What punishment if any should breach of this rule have:

Warning or small bans depending on multiple occurrences.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah no its good the way it is due to the delay its realistic and people can react and counter it , keep it as it is.

Yeah no its good the way it is due to the delay its realistic and people can react and counter it , keep it as it is.
Don't really see how it's realistic that you pass out 5 seconds after someone has hit you across the head instead of immediately...

Don't really see how it's realistic that you pass out 5 seconds after someone has hit you across the head instead of immediately...
Its a game there needs to be something you can do i think rubbers should have delay aswell.

Its a game there needs to be something you can do i think rubbers should have delay aswell.
Agrred, I like the system better than the instant one, but it's hardly realistic.

The press of Ctrl Ctrl is so quick anyway if someone went to knock me out i can guarantee that i would be able to aim a gun at them before being knocked out. Then it would be the whole "well i had my gun pointed i want comp" 

I feel this issue only really related to factions anyway because if a rebel gets knocked out and dont have time to counter for friends then nobody else can shoot anyway. 

So the only "cheap fights" its causing are the ones that police or poseidon cause. 

Dont think its needed to change this, plus it would just mean people wouldnt even try knock people out to take them, they would just kill people instead. 

I don't really have an issue with the current system, short delay means if someone is aiming a gun at you and you go for the knockout you'll be dead anyway. This allows the person who was being initiated on to survive the fight rather than being shot, and without this system it would be much more difficult to take hostages than it already is.

This staff team have concluded that if you allow someone to get that close to you in order to knock you out, given the timer on the knockout and your ability to shoot the person that is knocking you out, the ruling on this matter will not change at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back