What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Make hidden channels applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadeusz

Crazy Scotsman
Lifetime Donator
Donator
Make hidden channels applicable.

Brief Summary:

Gangs able to apply for channels that hide their connected clients.

Detailed Suggestion:

I think gangs should be able to apply for these type of channels as it would make their connected clients visible only to certain server groups as this would mean they could carry out activities safe in the knowledge that no one is attempting to metagame their numbers during any situation.

What improvement will this make to our Teamspeak:

Would improve by having more features and reasons to use teamspeak.

What might people dislike about your suggestion:

I can't think of anything please discuss below.

You confirm you have looked into this and it is possible on Teamspeak:

Yes

I Believe this would cause more reports. People look to teamspeak to resolve issues and usually DM to sort problems out, if gangs are hidden away i think they would skip that step.

Cheers

Maratek

If this is added I would suggest all factions channels become the same.

In terms of resolving issues you can also just message someone ingame and ask if they are willing to come to liaison.

Will only Support this suggestion if its edited to include all factions not just gangs.

Just thought of another negative for this.

Don't you think teamspeak would look a bit "dead" to other members of the community.

If you join the teamspeak for the first time and just see everyone hiding in hidden channels it could be a little off-putting.

Yh for cops I guess it could kind of work but you still could just ask someone you know that is a civ how many of x gang are on

The way teamspeak is currently set up wouldn't allow this I don't think. Any person with X subscription power can look inside X subscription power needed channel. You wouldn't be able to make a tag that can only see inside channels A and B without also seeing into channels that have the same subscription power. 

Unless something changed with teamspeak 5 that I'm not aware of I'm going to have to say this is a bad idea as all it will lead to is limiting access to people with a certain tag.

Cant be done as far as im aware and pointless

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is added I would suggest all factions channels become the same.

In terms of resolving issues you can also just message someone ingame and ask if they are willing to come to liaison.

Will only Support this suggestion if its edited to include all factions not just gangs.
I don't see why not, yes let's add to factions. 

I Believe this would cause more reports. People look to teamspeak to resolve issues and usually DM to sort problems out, if gangs are hidden away i think they would skip that step.

Cheers

Maratek
Hi Maratek, I want to clarify that this would be limited to a single room or subchannels if possible. As it is currently gangs may apply for one channel and one subchannel to start out with. I propose making only one channel able to do this still allowing for a public room or liason room for any in game occurrences that require such interaction. Most people will use OOC to contact anyone initially ingame to come to TS. If it ends up no one wishes to come to TS then they did not wish to resolve and you may press on with a report if you wish. They would still have 24hrs beforehand to resolve before it is processed. Considering the amount of ways you can contact other players I don't think this area would be drastically effected. 

I don't see why not, yes let's add to factions. 

Hi Maratek, I want to clarify that this would be limited to a single room or subchannels if possible. As it is currently gangs may apply for one channel and one subchannel to start out with. I propose making only one channel able to do this still allowing for a public room or liason room for any in game occurrences that require such interaction. Most people will use OOC to contact anyone initially ingame to come to TS. If it ends up no one wishes to come to TS then they did not wish to resolve and you may press on with a report if you wish. They would still have 24hrs beforehand to resolve before it is processed. Considering the amount of ways you can contact other players I don't think this area would be drastically effected. 
just to add to this. Don't forget that factions can't read each others OOC, so in a situation between police and and poseidon, and police and civs, and poseidon and civs: you won't be able to ask someone in OOC to have a chat in liason.

just to add to this. Don't forget that factions can't read each others OOC, so in a situation between police and and poseidon, and police and civs, and poseidon and civs: you won't be able to ask someone in OOC to have a chat in liason.
Yes but you may still //contact them through the ingame phone system or or direct chat if nearby. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back