What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

change bannable reasons for advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surgay

change bannable reasons for advertising

Detailed Rule Suggestion:

so currently as the rule (13) states these are all the perm ban reasons that stand under the advertising section:
Teamspeak / Voice Services (example: Discord)
Game Servers
Social Media Groups
Websites\Other Communities

in my opinion I think a lot of these should be changed, for example ive seen people get banned for giving out an ip for a personal teamspeak for people to just come on and chill. what I think should happen is the rule should still stay but make it so personal ips and discords arnt counted as advertising. obviously if its for another server and or community then it would make sense to ban or maybe it was for there own personal gain.

Outline how your rule will improve the server/community:

it will improve the community as people will not be getting banned for imo a pointless reason of giving there friends links to private discords and teamspeaks

Think about any bad points your rule suggestion might have:

only bad thing I can think of is maybe the potential to get ips this way. although at the end of the day if you trust them and arnt stupid about it that wont happen.

What punishment if any should breach of this rule have:

same as it has now minus what I have said above.

I like this. It will weight of everyone's shoulders.

This is me when I invite a friend who also plays RPUK that I have on Steam on another game.

VeneratedAltruisticAngelwingmussel-size_restricted.gif

Why did you not to quote this?

Unfortunately, other Roleplay & gaming servers (or people with community websites) have abused the fact we are popular. They have advertised on our website/teamspeak/servers in the past for their own gains. Because of this we have strict rules around it.
We as staff do check things out and it is really up to the discretion on what we find when doing our digging.
Although we appreciate the suggestion, advertising bans are rare and invetigated properly.

Cracks me up everytime we find some proper juicy stuff.

We as staff do check things out and it is really up to the discretion on what we find when doing our digging.
Although we appreciate the suggestion, advertising bans are rare and invetigated properly.

like I said it might not be 100% of the time but from what ive seen its happened many times before

Ello mate,

obviously big up the staff, well dun for keeping the server in order and all that.

But in a scenario where you have "Gordon" - Server playtime 0.6 hrs - He says, "Ello lads join me server SPUK.net" Banned, obviously, what a cunt.

But then you have "Shomly" - Server playtime 1000+ hrs - He says, "Oh hello Gleraffoni, who I've known for 4 years IRL and we play a lot of games together. Just made a discord server, hop in and we'll talk about bread sticks. SHOULDN'T BE BANNED.

It's like the old saying, if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle but she doesn't, so she's not. Do you see what I'm trying to say?

Could easily just be covered by the common sense rule, obviously advertsing for x roleplay server continuosly warrants a ban, sending someone your private ts does not in my opinion.

Ello mate,

obviously big up the staff, well dun for keeping the server in order and all that.

But in a scenario where you have "Gordon" - Server playtime 0.6 hrs - He says, "Ello lads join me server SPUK.net" Banned, obviously, what a cunt.

But then you have "Shomly" - Server playtime 1000+ hrs - He says, "Oh hello Gleraffoni, who I've known for 4 years IRL and we play a lot of games together. Just made a discord server, hop in and we'll talk about bread sticks. SHOULDN'T BE BANNED.

It's like the old saying, if your aunt had balls she'd be your uncle but she doesn't, so she's not. Do you see what I'm trying to say?
We as staff do check things out and it is really up to the discretion on what we find when doing our digging.Although we appreciate the suggestion, advertising bans are rare and invetigated properly.

We as staff do check things out and it is really up to the discretion on what we find when doing our digging.Although we appreciate the suggestion, advertising bans are rare and invetigated properly.
We as staff stand behind this statement, moved to rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back