What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Friends and Allies - Ruling Clarification

Matt

We've come across a number of confusing incidents relating to 'friends and allies' when rebels are interacting and mentioning them during the course of roleplay.

The staff team has decided to produce a guidance post much like the previous post relating to initiations. 

Here is our official guidance on this:

If you wish for persons other than yourselves to open fire before, or shortly after the start of a gunfight you must make it clear to the other party that you are not alone.

"Okay, I'll surrender to you and fulfil your demands but I'd like you to know that I'm not alone and you can probably expect bad things to happen to you should any harm come to me"

"Right officers, on order of the mad quackers and our allies I order you to surrender, place your hands on your heads and stay where you are, attempts to flee will not be met kindly and you'll put your life in our hands!"

The above are not exhaustive and merely examples of some ways of doing this. As long as it is clear you are not alone your friends/gang members/allies are welcome to open fire at the appropriate moment.

The reason for enforcing the above is to prevent a large group sending in one person, getting them to stir up trouble, get shot or captured so they can open fire while those starting the fight will suddenly get shot from 17 different angles while being totally unaware. The rule ensures intense stand off's when both sides are aware this could turn into a big shoot out, they may wish to de-escalate or take the risk and go for the win!

If the other party does not give you a chance to inform them you are not alone, shoot you out of your vehicle, shoot before you get a chance to inform them, kill an ally of yours etc. then the above does not apply.

"Once the bullets have started flying, the chance for roleplay has passed."

Roleplay Always Comes First, Roleplay Everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally no more friends and allies in the area code \0/ This makes my tail wag.

I don’t understand what is meant to have been clarified here? For friends to fire it has to be clear, whether that is because you all got out of the same car or because someone said about friends, is this just confirming that or actually changing the common meta, like the rping handcuffs did?

I don’t understand what is meant to have been clarified here? For friends to fire it has to be clear, whether that is because you all got out of the same car or because someone said about friends, is this just confirming that or actually changing the common meta, like the rping handcuffs did?
I think you should probably read the post again. If you already understand the what the post is conveying then happy days, if not - read the post. 

If you don't follow the guidance, expect to have the rules enforced against you. 

Would being around fellow armed rebels be a clear sign that someone is not alone or does this need to be verbal?

Would being around fellow armed rebels be a clear sign that someone is not alone or does this need to be verbal?

If you wish for persons other than yourselves to open fire before, or shortly after the start of a gunfight you must make it clear to the other party that you are not alone.
Common sense would say that 5 people leaving a car and pointing their guns at you would mean they're probably your friends. 

If the other party does not give you a chance to inform them you are not alone, shoot you out of your vehicle, shoot before you get a chance to inform them, kill an ally of yours etc. then the above does not apply.
So reading this, if someone initiates on tires and rips me out, my friends can shoot without an initiation correct?

I mean its pretty much the same as its always been and people have obided by the only difference now is that its actually written somewhere so the new people can know aswell.

Back