ALTIS LIFE
GTA RP
TEAMSPEAK

ConAir Update

Antollyme

Question

ConAir Update

Explain your map design:

The Idea is to upgrade/update ConAir to serve the purpose of ConAir as well as Advanced Weapons, still allowing people to buy Tarus etc. Understandably this update would be highly disliked due to its location, causing players to travel further than they already have to, i.e Airport -> Ghost Hotel -> Desired location. To counter this I purpose to allow for you to have the ability to spawn at Selakano, the town just adjacent to ConAir allowing people to get out a vehicle from the nearby garage and drive the 200 or so metres to ConAir and store said vehicle again. The catch to being able to spawn in this town is that you MUST own the Viper licence, everyone else must travel to this location to use the advanced weapons store. This gives a further reason to obtain the Viper Licence and avoids the potential predicament of people spawning at ConAir during an active situation.

The design idea behind this location is to upgrade it to be a heavily fortified rebel region. This area is to be easily defensible by rebels but not impossible to attack, this is due to it being the core location for the rebellion. The location also includes immovable/indestructible barbed wire on the ground to make it difficult for MRAPs to attack the compound (they aren't everywhere it just requires you to be careful whilst driving) This location is out of the way of police and Poseidon (yes it is located in Poseidon lands but too far from their bases to easily be patrolled) making it a rebel controlled region but Poseidon would inevitably attempt to control it giving rebels something to do.

A penitential idea to ensure that this location is kept active besides that its used for advanced weapons is to allow for gangs to capture the location and get a discount i.e. 30% off.

Slightly changed the idea from my previous one i posted but for more images, as I'm only allowed use 3 for some reason check here https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/118085-conair-update/?tab=comments#comment-684986 And yes you are capable of taking off and landing planes on that airstrip even though its small, you just have to be a good pilot 🙂

107410_screenshots_20190905193306_1.jpg.181c9ad41c4540d0e87b544fd1173a9b.jpg

107410_screenshots_20190905193317_1.jpg.5e0d2a4633bac8b0863e9b8a28f8bbf0.jpg

20191120001907_1.jpg.09657a8fa23d2f363be480f8192e6fa6.jpg

If successfully approved I confirm I will email the .sqm to email@roleplay.co.uk:

Yes

I confirm there are no floating objects & damage and simulation have been disabled:

Yes

I confirm my map design was created in Eden Editor:

Yes

Edited by Antollyme
  • Like 9
  • Hype 1

13 answers to this question

I really like this one. It shakes things up down there and having to fly either with a plane or a helicopter is great.

Having a spawn down there (Selakano) is the only thing i myself would say is not needed.
You can still spawn Pygros and drive down there or bring your air vehicle out and fly down. 

I think people could appreacite this one, very nice.

To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did

On 20/11/2019 at 12:04, Simen said:

Would be nice for a change

But I'd ask for the two DMT's to be changed to a different building, they're overused, you have them at the reserve and rebel outpost.

I understand the concern as it can be quite boring to encounter the same thing on the server over and over, its just difficult to find a building that has the ability to serve the same purpose that isnt regularly used. What would you suggest to be a better option?

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Antollyme said:

I understand the concern as it can be quite boring to encounter the same thing on the server over and over, its just difficult to find a building that has the ability to serve the same purpose that isnt regularly used. What would you suggest to be a better option?

Could use one of the towers from Tanoa that aren't currently used.

• Facepalm 1
2 hours ago, Simon Ross said:

What is different about them? 

There's a rust pattern DMT and a stone tower that I don't believe are currently used on RPUK, I may be wrong about that though.
DMTs are functionally great, but it would be nice to have a different aesthetic for this base.

• Facepalm 1
On 17/01/2020 at 02:19, Scorpex said:

This would be a great addition to the server, especially if rebels could cap the zone for a discount, making their gear cheaper and giving a boost to rebel activity. As currently there is barely any. Big fat +1

Ewww that's a suggestion... crayon club is a suggestion free zone! only creativity here please 

• Haha 1
  • Eggplant 1
Please note: My private messages are disabled - There is no reason to contact me directly please use the forums.