What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Compensation Request - Jacob3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob3

1. In-game Name: Jakob
  2. Steam ID: 76561198317429055
  3. Date this happened: 11/25/19
  4. The Server this happened on.: Server 1
  5. Please provide full detail and evidence: I wanted to send my friend wahls 2 796 000 of the ingame currency, so i went to the ATM and selected hampze. Since i don't believe you're able to transfer more than under 1m at the time i was gonna send him 932 000 three times since that would add up to 2 796 000.

So i selected him and tried to transfer 932 000 to him three times, but what i didn't realize is that each time you transfer money to someone it changes the selected person to someone else! so it only sent him 932 000 one time and then sent the other two times money to another random person according to the record. I personally think that because i lose one third of the money just because the UI decided to change person after transferring the first part the money should be refunded to either me(so i can transfer it to hampze but change back to him after transfering after the first and second time) or wahls(so i don't have to transfer it).

I also think there's something else weird going on that's making the entire thing even more complicated lol! The server was restarting while we were doing the transfer (we both just logged in so we didn't know D:). And as you can tell in the wahls recording (second link in the evidence textbox) he get's the 932 000 and it goes into his bank account but then after when the server starts up again he goes back to what he had before the transfer and i get the money i transferred to him back to me even doe the random person still got two thirds. so none of the money ever went to wahls.

also wahls recording doesn't have any discord sound as he uses a headset that has two different outputs(one for games and one for communication) and shadowplay only recorded the game one.

Apologizes if i made any grammar errors since English isn't my main language and i am writing this at 2:40 am in my country. I tried to post it as soon as i can to avoid further complications. I'm going to sleep after writing this so if i get any responses or question i won't be able to see them until tomorrow.
    I also wanted to let you know that i understand if you think that it's my bad for not noticing that it changed the person it wanted to transfer too and if that's the case i respect that and will just work my way back the money!
  6. Link to any evidence:
  7. my angle and wahls angle
  8. Lost items and total value of compensation.: Jakob(me): had 3 215 680 before and went down to 1 242 410 after. Wanted to transfer 2.79m.
    Wahls(person i tried sending money to): Got nothing.
    Random person(person that accidentally got one third of the money because of the horrible UI, His name should be available to see in the first evidence link if needed): got 2/3 of 2 796 000 which is ‭1,398,000‬.

ideally the ‭1,398,000 would get transfered from the random person to wahls and i'll transfer the 932 000 rest to him aswell. I'm not very good at math so apologizes if i get anything wrong.
  9. Please confirm you have read and understand our Compensation Request terms: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh the problem here was you transferred around 2 mil to me and I was on 11 mil before the restart but 30 seconds later restart kicked in and When I logged on that restart I only had 9 mill in the bank.

Oh the problem here was you transferred around 2 mil to me and I was on 11 mil before the restart but 30 seconds later restart kicked in and When I logged on that restart I only had 9 mill in the bank.
So you never actually got any money from me? I still lost the money

@Jacob3 There are multiple warnings in sidechat and pop ups that tell you the the restart is coming, to sync your data and reconnect afterwards. Sending money just as the server is restarting gives no chance for the server to sync your players money data when people start transferring stuff. There is a button on the 'Y' menu that says 'sync data' and this should be used to sync your players data close to restart for extra protection but then still you need to allow it 20 seconds to fully kick in.

Regarding the transferring to other players as long as i can remember the list resets to the first person on it. Feel free to make a bug report to get that changed https://www.roleplay.co.uk/forum/158-altis-life-issues/

In terms of the compensation request I feel this falls under user error and as such no money will be compensated. In future don't try and transfer large sums of cash just as the server is restarting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although your request didn't meet our compensation request criteria, it might be an idea to join our Steam Group and Discord to get more involved with the community!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back