Experience the Altis Life
keyboard_arrow_right
ALTIS LIFE
DAYZ UK
TEAMSPEAK

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

Simon Ross

Viper License holders can loot injured.

Question

Simon Ross

Viper License holders can loot injured.

Brief Summary:

Allow license holders to loot injured players

Detailed Suggestion:

To loot them they must go up to the body, windows key and press loot. They are then in an animation for 1.5/2 minutes where the dead person cannot press f, but obviously the looter is vulnerable(balance in gunfights). On the map the downed player will display on GPS they are being looted so gang/faction members can respond in that time to try and prevent it.

The Pros:

Gives a unique and useful perk to viper.
Allows people to retrieve items off of the downed, which currently is very hard

The Cons:

Could be abused by just robbing every downed person you see

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Yes, so rules could be put in place if this does turn out to get abused, however let it be at the beginning if implemented.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

4 answers to this question

Fabrizio R R H

I like the suggestion, but i do not think it should appear on the map, reason is that if you manage to injure a person after a gunfigth and you want to make a cheeky play by looting and dipping, you're already exposed at 1½ minute at the body looting, then i see no need for any icons to scream " COME AND KILL ME I'M HERE"

Besides i fully support the suggestion

Wicker

It would encourage people to kill first and then loot, instead of just robbing a person.

• Like 3

Aethon
6 minutes ago, Wicker said:

It would encourage people to kill first and then loot, instead of just robbing a person.

The current system encourages executing players as it's the only way to access their virtual inventory, which not only doesn't make sense but prevents talking to the downed player after a robbery, as, well you've just shot him in the head.

• Eggplant 1

Wicker
6 minutes ago, Aethon said:

The current system encourages executing players as it's the only way to access their virtual inventory, which not only doesn't make sense but prevents talking to the downed player after a robbery, as, well you've just shot him in the head.

If you want their virtual inventory it does encourage to rp it or execute whatever you find easier but, that could be easily solved with making a system where you could take virtual items. Other then that the main post is about looting guns armor clothing ect when they are dead. And that is something that would encourage people to kill as why spend time patting somebody down when you can do that when they are dead...

• Like 1