What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Help! Infinite restart loop after Windows Update

Haywire

Escaped Convict
My PC is stuck in an infinite restart loop after updating windows. It has been restarting all night.

My BIOS screen comes up, it then says "attempting to recover failed installation" followed by "undoing changes made to your computer". It then restarts.

My motherboard is from MSI and the infinite restarting doesn't seem to trigger any troubleshooting from Windows.

Can anyone help? I hope to be able to fix this from the BIOS somehow... this is so frustrating.

Do you have multiple drives? Could have the wrong boot drive set in BIOS. 

in the bios you can set the boot order of the pc , ie the first one needs to be what your OS is on 

if that does not work make a boot disk or stick of any PC and then you can at least start your pc in safe mode , or use dos to format drives and re install at the extreme level 

I set the first option to my SSD which is what I installed windows on. Unfortunately, that tells me to reboot and select a proper boot device when trying to restart 😞

Thanks for the help all, I installed Windows onto a USB which fixed the problem :)

Back