What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Report a Player - McCarthy - Poor/Low Quality RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haywire

Escaped Convict
Your In-game name

Haywire

Name of the player(s) you are reporting

McCarthy

Date of the incident

12/13/00

Time of the incident (GMT)

What best describes this incident ?

Poor/Low Quality RP

Which server did the incident take place on

Server 1

Please (in detail) describe the incident

A fairly simple case of poor roleplay. I was responding to my friend in distress when I landed to attempt negotiations with McCarthy, who was the only hostile there. By reference to "The State of Roleplay and Initiations" post which talks about these kinds of situations, I believe it's clear that he did not engage in high-quality roleplay before shooting. I clearly gave him the chance to roleplay by stating I wanted to negotiate with him. If I had shot him in that situation rather than roleplay with him, I am confident that I would have been in trouble because very little rp had taken place.

I did speak to him briefly on TeamSpeak, where he was quick to accept that his roleplay was poor, however he did not wish to provide compensation when I asked for it. For some reason, he took me to a church roof and challenged me to a duel to settle things rather than take it here. Naturally, I declined (and not just because I couldn't hit a wall if my nose was pressed against it). You can see this at the end of the video evidence.

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLzfl66DCOY&feature=youtu.be
This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!

Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting

Yes

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans)

Yes

i Was robbing people at the drug dealer few mins before once you arrived one of your colleagues say told me that you are one of them, so I decided to rob you too, when you landed I’ve decided to initiate straight away when I was iniating you decided to pull a weapon which made the situation heated when I was nearly finished you point the gun on me, that move made me think that you are going to shoot me then in that moment of time I have decided to kill it was kill or be killed moment.

Mr haywire we have talked in teamspeak after the situation, I did agree with you that it was a shite situation and I agreed that I’m going to give you a lift back to the airport and to give back the hellcat to you, I let the medic revive everyone who died there even the people who I robbed mins before.

Whilst flying to Pyrgos you tell me that your colleagues wants to get the money back I told them no that ain’t a option, the you say ok then they will go to the government website then 

I got school today I’ll try to get any sort of video to proof my points after my school hours

thanks,

Dave Trition McCarthy

Dear Haywire, 

In your video i see myself initiate on your person before you started saying i want to negotiate like i said i was half way through the initiation once i tell you that i will have to shoot you in your brain you decide to point a gun at me ( all happens at 1;36 of your video ) i have given you more then enough time to respond to my requests.

At the end of the video i gave to a option which wasn't that hard we'll just have a simple duel winner takes all, you decline that offer and You say ''i think ill take that government website option'' this means that you didnt want to take on my offer to resolve it. (2.8) Threats to report / disputes / Breaking RP in Voice. There are so many people on the server with all different points of view and disputes and disagreements are all part of the game, however please do not discuss them in-game also do not break RP in voice. For example if someone has RDM’ed you discussing this on the server or saying “I am going to report you” is not allowed. Please use the forums or teamspeak to report or discuss only. Exception: You may contact someone using the text system if they are not on teamspeak or on the forums. Please only attempt to make this contact in effort to resolve the issue, not to antagonise the other player/users/members. )

In my video you can hear that you said ''You dont want to hear this, im gonna have to ask for the money back because of how it all went down'' Why would i need to comp your friends that i robbed before that situation?!, i respond with a ''No'', then you say ''its part of comp its all up to you mate'', once again i say ''No'' then you say ''they will take it to the goverment to get comp '' which could be considered as blackmail and the rules 2.8

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Best Wishes,

Dave Triton McCarthy

I'll make a few points and then leave it for staff to review the evidence:

FailRP

• My gun was raised the entire time. I had clearly stated my intent to negotiate and you shot me after you heard me say this. This was a concsious decision of yours because you stated that there will be no negotiations after shooting me. At the very minimum, this should have been said before shooting me, in my opinion. 
  • The important fact here and reason for the report is that you did not engage in high-quality roleplay despite having the opportunity to do so before shooting me
  • There was certainly not enough time to respond to your requests. The video is evidence of that.
Threats to report

I believe you are making quite the stretch by accusing me of threats to report. This is, of course, a separate matter to the FailRP but I will address it nonetheless. Firstly, the video you provide is incomplete and does not include important information:

• You wanted to speak with the people requesting compensation but refused to come to TS.
  • I was clearly uncomfortable with our discussion in the helicopter which is why I said I didn't want to continue talking to you in-game.
  • I said that they would request compensation, not that I would report you. As you had been apologetic and was giving me a lift back, I didn't want to report you, so was just trying to tactfully make you aware of the situattion. I felt it would be poor of me to make a report after I initially said I wouldn't, but I also knew that I would need to put up a report so that my friends had a chance of fair treatment. As you wouldn't come to TeamSpeak, I found myself in a difficult situation and as you can hear from the hesitation in my voice, I was trying my hardest to get the information across in a way which wasn't threatening or demanding. Listening to the recording, I do believe I have achieved that. It's quite common for people to expect compensation after being killed as a result of poor RP.
  • At the end, you gave me a choice: Take it to the government website or duel you in-game. That was not me threatening to report you but instead a response to your absurd request.
To the reviewing admin, I apologise if I entered a gray area, I was making every effort to handle the situation appropriately. 

As far as the FailRP is concerned, I stand by that and feel the video evidence is sufficient.

Thank you.

not that I would report you. As you had been apologetic and was giving me a lift back, I didn't want to report you, so was just trying to tactfully make you aware of the situattion
So a quick question? why did you decide to report me, i have done what you asked me to do on ts, you told me its fine if you get your heli back and get you and your gang mates up 

After you iniation you gave him 2 sec to put his hands up sure you know that is not enough time ! 

And you never gave him a chance to even say one word you do know you are playing on a roleplay server ?

Action taken rule 2.2

Thank you for doing your part in keeping the community clean.

Your report has been approved and action has been taken against the reported player.

If you are out of pocket due to this case please now open a compensation request here, Do make sure to mention this report.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back