Experience the Altis Life
keyboard_arrow_right
ALTIS LIFE
DAYZRP
TEAMSPEAK

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

Aethon

Make Drugs Great Again

Question

Aethon

Make Drugs Great Again

Brief Summary:

Overhaul the current drug runs.

Detailed Suggestion:

Drug runs are terrible.

Pretty much every rebel knows this, and the only people who ever do non-Poseidon runs are hobos who do them once and then just do diamonds. The money is worse than diamonds and people don’t want their vehicles scrapped. Drug runs should be high risk high reward, not meh risk low reward.

Just changing the prices won’t fix the system. I’d call for an overhaul of the non-Poseidon drug runs, and I’d suggest these instead:

Make cocaine runs for planes. Have each part of the run from collecting, processing, and selling on a runway at an opposite corner of the island. Prevent it from being slingloaded perhaps through a script, and maybe buff the cargo capacity of the Caesar to compensate. Should be a 45 minute run for at least 1.5 mill, maybe an expensive licence.

Weed runs should be for newer rebels. Should be much shorter than it is currently, and maybe a slight buff in price, but near kavala so it’s still very risky.

LSD runs should be very complicated. Maybe separate ingredients that need to be collected, maybe two illegal and one legal, that can then be combined at a lab for a very high reward but a long total run time.

Meth should be extremely risky as it already it - obvious location with smoke alerting your position - but to make this used, the reward should be very large, instead of currently where it’s inexplicably worse than a legal diamond run.

Right now people are used to the current economy, but it really makes no sense at all, and I’m sure some players who’ve been here a while who I’ve talked to preferred when drug runs actually made money and were viable, rather than now where diamonds and Poseidon weed are really the only things people do. It’s just a bit boring.

The Pros:

- Much more interesting money making
- Helps to rejuvenate the currently dead rebel life
- Robberies require more effort than just camping Poseidon drugdealer
- More things for cops to do in Queensland

The Cons:

- Work for devs

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

I don't think so, it would make it harder to rob drugs but cops would also be in closer proximity to drug runs, rather than the occasional NCA presence. I guess it would also balance against Poseidon a little.

• Like 9

15 answers to this question

Ronald Strauss

🧐

How do you intend to persuade people to do those types of Drug-runs, when it's currently much easier/safer for you to purchase a border-pass and do Poseidon Drugs instead, Poseidon won't harm you, because you purchased their border-pass, they currently don't take a cut of the profit. (I believe you should take like 20% of their profit, makes more sense for a cartel.)

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see an increase in drug trafficking on our side of the border, however I don't see it happening soon... Poseidon drugs currently is High Reward, Low Risk. (Occasionally Police conduct operations, to shutdown the drug dealer, however how often does that happen?)

You have a +1 from me, however I doubt anything will change.

• Like 7

U N C L E

I have been saying the old runs need a revamping some how for a long time. I feel like for the majority of the population on RPUK. Those runs aren't even looked at and are map clutter at this point. Besides the odd few hobos trying to start making money until they realise Poseidon weed is the best way to climb the ranks of wealth.

Persuading isn't an option because I bet without a doubt if those runs were altered for the better or a new chance to earn moderately good money in a different pace than before. The word of mouth and traffic located between these runs should be the selling point. Will be good to do some LSD/ normal weed or cocaine runs. Especially with the run ins Rebels and Police would have. xD

BIG +1 From me.

• Like 3

Simon Ross

Remember that Poseidon can only do Poseidon runs. They need to stay the same, however other runs need to increase in value - normal drugs imo need significant buffs. This is because of Poseidon catch you doing them the run is taken, and same with police or other rebels. They are most at risk of doing these but pay the best. Blood diamonds and uranium need to be buffed as well.
Same for spice - LSD doesn’t need to be made overly complicated because we have spice. There was a really Good overhall spice specific suggestion made ~ 6 -12 months ago which would be good to see also. 

SGT KeirT

As a mainly cop player on the server I fully agree on the rising of prices for normal drugs and the plane idea is very interesting and I like it. In my time in cops I have busted 10 people doing drugs every one of them said they were new to the server. And it's very true as they are new I just tell them to do diamonds and send a police dispatch if they need help.

Big +1 from me

• Like 2

Aethon
On 14/12/2019 at 13:28, Simon Ross said:

Remember that Poseidon can only do Poseidon runs. They need to stay the same, however other runs need to increase in value - normal drugs imo need significant buffs. This is because of Poseidon catch you doing them the run is taken, and same with police or other rebels. They are most at risk of doing these but pay the best. Blood diamonds and uranium need to be buffed as well.
Same for spice - LSD doesn’t need to be made overly complicated because we have spice. There was a really Good overhall spice specific suggestion made ~ 6 -12 months ago which would be good to see also. 

Spice could be rolled into it too, I don't see why LSD would therefore have to be ignored. Uranium is another run that should be amazing because of the massive risk of processing next to airport, but I wanted to keep this suggestion specifically related to the drug runs.

Kennedy

If they want illegal runs to be more active then they should remove poseidon weed because everybody legit just does that cuz they know they are protected by poseidon so no risk tbh and make diamond price lower then normal weed price so they normal weed pays more and people will start doing illegal runs again as they want the highest paying run. Maybe buff a little bit cocaine and the rest etc

Linx

The best economy this server ever had was back in 2015, i have no idea why it was fucked with and changed every restart there would be 10 HMTTS lined up in agios all going to the weed field the dynamic market was so good it actually forced people to do runs at restart because thats when they would make the most money honestly just scrap poseidon weed that alone has fucked every single run on this server, the only time people are in queens land doing runs is when there isn't 5 poseidon on. Then you have to factor in without poseidon weed it basically renders poseidon useless, imo scrap poseidon all together then it would force people to make more gangs or join the police which would make the server feel more alive as you dont have 40+ members in one faction however, rebel is legit shit and sooooo boring it needs so much work to make people actually want to play it.

• Like 8

Felix - Yello

Please ❤️ - cops is so boring atm, its either driving around, looking for something to do and nothing happening. Or gunfight after gunfight. There isn't a huge amount of RP or druhs anymore, at least compared to when I was originally playing the server back in 2016-early 2018

• Like 2

Aethon
On 22/12/2019 at 21:48, Felix - Yello said:

Please ❤️ - cops is so boring atm, its either driving around, looking for something to do and nothing happening. Or gunfight after gunfight. There isn't a huge amount of RP or druhs anymore, at least compared to when I was originally playing the server back in 2016-early 2018

I'm glad to see cops supporting this tbh, to me this suggestion improves things for all factions. It'd be great to see cops dealing with crime in a way that isn't just 24/7 gunfights.

Smith

Yeah it's such a shame. Back in 2015-2017 it would be hard not to find a convoy of trucks doing drug runs. Nowadays you're lucky to find even 1 in the Queen's land. I feel like chasing down drug runners was a big part of enjoyable policing activities. You would have to gather intel, plan your next moves and chase the suspects and that was always quite enjoyable. Whatever changes rebels feel are needed to make the activity worth doing again on a regular basis I am in favour of.

• Like 4

CSI Greenhalgh 2666

Please bring back the runs. +1

• Like 4

LastNickLeft

I agree with this. Drug being mostly done in Poseidon lands gives regular police officers so much less to do as they can't just go to Poseidon lands. Increase value of regular drug runs and give people a reason to do them.

• Like 6

Proxeum
7 minutes ago, LastNickLeft said:

I agree with this. Drug being mostly done in Poseidon lands gives regular police officers so much less to do as they can't just go to Poseidon lands. Increase value of regular drug runs and give people a reason to do them.

I agree with this, you'll get more roleplay scenario's like the one from last night where I got set up! (I believe you were involved?) Stuff like that is what makes it enjoyable as opposed to the poseidon runs where there is minimal to no risk. 

• Like 2

Aethon
On 31/12/2019 at 16:37, Proxeum said:

I agree with this, you'll get more roleplay scenario's like the one from last night where I got set up! (I believe you were involved?) Stuff like that is what makes it enjoyable as opposed to the poseidon runs where there is minimal to no risk. 

It's also ludicrously easy to rob the poseidon runs, just sit at processor and rob everyone who comes, as long as poseidon don't show up there's very little risk. Having to follow trucks, guess from 5 possible runs etc. means it requires a lot more planning to do so.