What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Questions regarding (USA West Coast Players ping)

Ozzycazy

I've tried play for long periods of time on Altis Life UK#1. I noticed about half hour or an hour later I get kicked for high ping. Am not sure if their is a simple fix on my end with my provider. I've done some minor looking and it seems am experiencing ping spikes. So it goes from 160 to 170 normally. Then jumps to exactly 200 or 210 after an hour. Course it might be I have to pay more but I want to see if there is a more simple solution to my issue. 

download.png

Well you could try not having any other programs that would use internet open while playing arma but overall your internet speed is quite bad so doubt it you will be playing without kicks.

You're going to get high latency anyway (vs those playing UK/Europe). They'll be numerous 'hops' it's making to connect to the UK server and you only need a few ms latecy on each and it'll add up. 

If it's not your computer or router then the chances are it's out of your control as it'll be your ISP and whatever route it takes to get to the UK.

I do plan on upgrading to 40+ Mbps internet if that helps maybe stabilize the ping spikes?

I did 40 mbps internet package noticed a improved connect of a ping of 166 to 168 now. But during high player traffic still encountering ping spikes. I get 2  mbps upload speed. Been trying all these online tricks to help reduce the chance but seems no luck so far. Although during low traffic of 10 or 15 players it lets me play till restart. http://prntscr.com/r69zqt

Last edited by a moderator:
NETGEAR Nighthawk S8000 (GS808E) < Model Number

I attempted to do a 1Mbps cap limit on my 2.00mbps upload with no luck so far. 

Trying really hard to make it to where I am  not getting high ping latency or (Bufferbloat every 25 to 30 minutes during high traffic.)

@JasonO Any ideas, still attempting to solve the issue. Trying to play during the high times.

Back