What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Screen recorders

Tadeusz

Crazy Scotsman
Lifetime Donator
Donator
Alas, Plays.TV has died. anyone know of any other good recorders?

Fraps xD in all seriousness I myself haven't found anything other than plays.tv or AMD Relive if you have Nvidia though ive heard nothing but good things about ShadowPlay.

I use Geforce Experience, doesn't slow down game, records even if you alt tab, no problem with mic recording, works both in manual start/stop and last X minutes mode. Good video codec and compression whilst also retaining good quality.

I use OBS as my experiences with AMD Relive have been sub par whilst setting it up. I just record everything then delete it every few days If footage not necessary

I use Geforce Experience, doesn't slow down game, records even if you alt tab, no problem with mic recording, works both in manual start/stop and last X minutes mode. Good video codec and compression whilst also retaining good quality.
Big +1

So, I believe in a different thread a couple of weeks ago, @Busterguy mentioned medal.tv . Currently as of now, it doesn't have the same features of plays.tv where you can record the whole session and clip what you want. However, after to doing some digging on reddit. Users have showed their greatest concern that they want this feature because plays.tv is now shut down. One of the devs that works on medal.tv replied to the post saying that they are 100% going to add this feature. They don't know a timeframe but I would assume it'll be around at the end of January. 🙂

+1 for ShadowPlay. I find it to be the best quality recording without having any impact on my performance. I think it's down to how it obtains the video from the graphics card.

There is a new thing that came out few months ago called medal tv, I don’t know how trusted it is. I would just recommend using the nvdia shadowplay if you got a card that supports it 

Medal appears to be looking to allow profiles from Plays TV to be transfered

Medal appears to be looking to allow profiles from Plays TV to be transfered
I think that was just while it was online. They had a chrome addon. If plays is already down might be too late.

Last edited by a moderator:
I strap a dash cam to my head 

I use shadow play though

Last edited by a moderator:
Shadowplay is just the perfect tool, its one of those programs that you turn on and forget about then when something pops up thats a issue you just smack the "im bouta end this guys career" button and boom youve just saved footage from the last 5 minutes in quite literally a press of a button.

Back