What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Computer building sugestions

Charles Crawford

Hello boys, so I've decided that is about time to build a new pc, but I've got a few questions on what to do/choose, I would like your recommendations on this.

CPU: i5-9600K
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper H412R
Motherboard: ATX Gigabyte Z390 UD
RAM: G.SKILL Aegis 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3000MHz CL16
Memory: SSD 2.5" Seagate Maxtor Z1 480GB 3D TLC SATA
GPU: undecided: Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 590 8GB Special EditionAsus Radeon RX 580 AREZ Dual 8GB OC MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8G
Case: ATX Nox Hummer MC
Power Supply: No ideia on what to pick here

671,40 € (without PowerSupply, and the Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 590 8GB Special Edition if selected)

Ps: Yes I know im poor 😛

Atm I would recommend going with and specifically the ryzen 5 3600 cause if your going to do anything other then just gaming it's going beat it pretty handedly 

Atm I would recommend going with and specifically the ryzen 5 3600 cause if your going to do anything other then just gaming it's going beat it pretty handedly 
I heard that AMD CPUs are usually bad on arma3, and from benchmark i5-9600k outplays ryzen 5 3600 a bit. I'm more on gaming then desktop, I do some programing but nothing to high

3600 required a significant amount more to he spent on motherboard if you want to use it to its best potential, but you are better off getting a 2600x & OC or something within Intels range. Especially when on a budget. I went with a 2600x > 3600 when I got mine over the summer because the motherboard for the 3600 would put my build up significantly- an extra £50 or so over the one I had already decided on prior, which when pushing your budget already is fairly significant, especially when for me it wasn’t what I could spend, but what I could justify spending. 

Last edited by a moderator:
3600 required a significant amount more to he spent on motherboard if you want to use it to its best potential, but you are better off getting a 2600x & OC or something within Intels range. Especially when on a budget. I went with a 2600x > 3600 when I got mine over the summer because the motherboard for the 3600 would put my build up significantly- an extra £50 or so over the one I had already decided on prior, which when pushing your budget already is fairly significant, especially when for me it wasn’t what I could spend, but what I could justify spending. 
You guys know what type of Power supply I should buy? Is a 80 plus gold enough or should I consider a 80 plus platinum

Last edited by a moderator:
Tbh any 80 plus rated unit will do the job. I personally recommend evga but that's just me 

@Charles Crawford As long as it is 80+ bronze or better it doesn’t overly matter, just ensure it is from someone reputable, like EVGA mentioned above. I would recommend ensuring you have the wattage to upgrade as well in the future - so go for one that is potentially a couple hundred more than what you would need 

Back