What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Remove the hobo initiation rule

Aethon

Remove the hobo initiation rule

Detailed Rule Suggestion:

I've seen it mentioned in reports a few times and it never made sense to me. It's not listed in the rules and instead falls under 'common sense', when it's not particularly obvious.

Essentially this rule means your friends aren't allowed to defend you if your gun isn't as big as theirs, and it never really made sense to me. Sure on servers where no mention of friends is needed for initiation it can be abused, but if you're clearly told someone has friends, why assume they all have the same size gun as the man in front of you?

Overall this rule to me is confusing and unnecessary, if someone can explain why it's necessary I'd be happy to listen.

Outline how your rule will improve the server/community:

Better roleplay as there's less 'ruleplaying' the fact that a low armed player can't have well armed friends, less 'hidden' rules.

Think about any bad points your rule suggestion might have:

I really can't tbh, I don't personally see an issue with sending in the least geared guy to initiate as rebels and factions do this already, the guy with the TRG will initiate over the guy with the mk1.

What punishment if any should breach of this rule have:

None, this suggestion is to remove a rule.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the idea behind the rule is set up to not have groups sending out one person with a rook wearing shorts and striped tshit, who wont care about his gear as... well its just a rook. So they don't care about dying and don't care about losing anything, so they don't have to try and roleplay. 

I think the idea behind the rule is set up to not have groups sending out one person with a rook wearing shorts and striped tshit, who wont care about his gear as... well its just a rook. So they don't care about dying and don't care about losing anything, so they don't have to try and roleplay. 
AFAK Hobo initiation is no weapon - stock clothes with a rook doesn’t count. 

Idk the precise details of the rule, but surely it’s situational - going up to someone without a gun and threatening them about friends shouldn’t be allowed (uNless they do something To prove their presence like have a friend shoot Near  the persons feet - with prior warning - to prove their exists) but in a situation where you are unarmed and someone initiates on your AFAK you can counter Initiate for your friends, as you are not the escalator so it doesn’t matter, or someone about to shoot your tires etc. 

Its been an unwritten rule for a couple of years now. So not surprised you didn't know. Unwritten rules are quite common here.

But I agree to this.
Iv been  here nearly two years sir , are you getting confused between me and that btec criminal that stole my name .

also if it’s unwittten then there’s not much they can change? Unless you want a rule implemented .

Iv been  here nearly two years sir , are you getting confused between me and that btec criminal that stole my name .

also if it’s unwittten then there’s not much they can change? Unless you want a rule implemented .
Ahaha I am still surprised you didnt know but probably mistaken you for someone else never seen you in my life.

Well should just be a case literally allowing it, that will be the change. I mean all this unwritten rules is just stupid, I have seen people banned for it mostly new players or kind of new.

Ahaha I am still surprised you didnt know but probably mistaken you for someone else never seen you in my life.
I think I became more active when you g ave a certain member of OG a weapon and he ended up doing some terrible things.

Havent seen many people get banned for getting a hobo to indicate only example maybe seen recently was ciska screaming his head of at Kavala bank.

I think I became more active when you g ave a certain member of OG a weapon and he ended up doing some terrible things.

Havent seen many people get banned for getting a hobo to indicate only example maybe seen recently was ciska screaming his head of at Kavala bank.
Year or two ago happened quite a bit if I remember right basically what happened was old gangs (invictia, PAV, etc..not aimed at anyone specific just an example before people lost their shit) might be 3 years ago actually but to the point, what will happen is they will send a friend literally with a rook nothing else to initiate he gets kill and the whole gang just shit on everyone Police, rebels.

Then typical Police cried and admins are like not this shit won't happen again and if I remember correctly the rebels got smarter gave the friend a rook and a CTRG vest to make him more durable(?) less friendly and umm well more rebel like, this went for a bit and same process people started moaning mainly police (people hated the police back then so they got shit on a lot by other gangs through hobo initiation), to initaite your weapon has to be threatening e.g. higher calibre gun (5.56mm +).

👐 hands up, I didn’t know this was a thing, so +1 for me checking the rules better. 

I guess clarification for me rather than removal. If the point of the rule (written or not, and clarification would require writing the agreed rule and punishment like the others) is to ensure someone in Hobo clothes and NO WEAPON WHATSOEVER doesn’t try and hold up another player or players without first proving the existence of friends. Then fair enough. I think that’s reasonable and should be written. Examples of of where friends/allies in the area are give like warning shots should be included as not counting against the rule. 

If as the OP suggests, the rule actually prevents those with lesser weapons being defended by those with more powerful ones (the distinction being, everyone has weapons), then +1 for this being removed/amended/clarified to the above. 

👐 hands up, I didn’t know this was a thing, so +1 for me checking the rules better. 

I guess clarification for me rather than removal. If the point of the rule (written or not, and clarification would require writing the agreed rule and punishment like the others) is to ensure someone in Hobo clothes and NO WEAPON WHATSOEVER doesn’t try and hold up another player or players without first proving the existence of friends. Then fair enough. I think that’s reasonable and should be written. Examples of of where friends/allies in the area are give like warning shots should be included as not counting against the rule. 

If as the OP suggests, the rule actually prevents those with lesser weapons being defended by those with more powerful ones (the distinction being, everyone has weapons), then +1 for this being removed/amended/clarified to the above. 
This is my issue, being unarmed is different, but as it stands a guy with a pistol can't be helped in a fight by snipers, which really doesn't make any sense to me if the guy with the pistol has said he has friends.

Hobos used to get chased by police and drive them to an area where their mates were setup.

The hobo being chased would get out unarmed and say, ive got snipers in the area, do xyz and/or you will be shot.

Police would ask for a warning shot.

Police would recieve the warning shot, and be forced to comply as they had no clue where the sniper was.

Its just a shitty way to roleplay, and gain an unfair advantage on someone.

Back