Experience the Altis Life
keyboard_arrow_right
ALTIS LIFE
DAYZRP
TEAMSPEAK

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

Wayfarer

Road flares

Question

Wayfarer

Road flares

Brief Summary:

Throwable road flares https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrbodDsQg44&feature=youtu.be

Detailed Suggestion:

introduce Deployable road flares that can be thrown then used to illuminate an area with light. These could be used for roleplaying purposes to highlight road accidents at night, and also to signal your location at night. The flares last for 60 seconds which is 15 minutes in-game time. 15 minutes being how long real-world road flares burn for. In the demo version, I have created them in a few different colors that could be factions specific versions

https://imgur.com/a/pFLvbFC

The Pros:

A unique throwable item that could be used creatively in a few different ways to liven up roleplay

The Cons:

Used like smoke grenades, someone could buy a lot of them and then chuck them around to maybe slow down players FPS or troll people. However, the light shed is only visible at night and is not that high and wouldn't blind anyone at night, and the time of how long the last could be easily changed.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

No, I don't see how this could affect server balance.

• Like 9

5 answers to this question

Alfred Wilson

This looks really good and would be great for giving some more atmosphere to different RP scenarios, big +1 from me.

SI Corrie Healy

+1 from me i would love to have the option to increasse the RP on the MSR

• Like 1

Wilco

Any throwable object that players can throw will cause issues with this amount of players on the server.

We once had place able objects they were placed and due to the amount of traffic the server came to a halt on a number of occasions.

• Sad 3
  • Feelsbadman 3

Wayfarer

That is a real shame to hear, but thank you for the reply @Wilco. It is very much appreciated. 

• Like 1

Wilco

@Wayfarer Don’t like to blame BIS but I blame BIS for not creating an engine for loads of roleplayers! Hopefully the new engine they are working on will open new doors or if another one comes along!

• Like 1