What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Introduce powergaming as a formal rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadeusz

Crazy Scotsman
Lifetime Donator
Donator
Introduce powergaming as a formal rule

Detailed Rule Suggestion:

I believe this should be implemented for various reasons. Take this scenario as an example; You have died. you pulled a muscle and swerve into a wall. When you die your gun is out for all to see. The police come across you. "oh I see that is an illegal weapon sir" now your sat there defenseless. It wasn't your intention to crash. Another example, say 6 rebels are riding dirty in a quillin they come across a singular double crewed police vehicle that has crashed. They allow the medic to treat them but put the cops in cuffs and take them hostage or the wonderful "I see that is a gun sir" "no its not, its xyz" "prove it pull the trigger or they say let me see sir oh yes it is" *bangbangbang* what about the use of spikestrips when standing next to the vehicle. These are just but a few examples. Perhaps the rule could be stated as

X.X "you must not press any advantages which will explicitly tip the favour of the game balance to your benefits. For example, coming across players who have died in a crash to take advantage of their downed state. Everyone who is in possession of an illegal weapon in a designated zone must first be given the chance to hide the weapon in a backpack or car."

Outline how your rule will improve the server/community:

Implementing this rule will hopefully have a good benefit for a variety of situations throughout the server opposed to attempts to quickly end or start any situation with unfair means. I get some things can be repetitive or dumb but everyone should be given a chance to improve their approach to things like; their RP, how they go into green zones, or the scrapping of vehicles.

Think about any bad points your rule suggestion might have:

Could add grey areas.

More liasons and crap.

What punishment if any should breach of this rule have:

24 etc

It's a really nice idea on paper.. but

It would add a million gray areas on top of areas that are already gray. Solutions to the problems stated?

Gun out when down? - Keep it in your backpack until needed.. or in your vehicle. "If i get vdmd i lose it".. there is heaps of backpackable weapons. There is a risk.

Firearm in a designated zone? ... don't brandish your illegal firearm in a public zone..?

Use of spikestrip when standing next to vehicle? introduce a server rule against it as without saying would go under exploiting, no?

I love the idea on paper - but it would cause great inconvenience. It would cause a lot more rule-playing, a lot more liasons, a lot more arguements and overall gray areas that are not required to be there. Common sense is an important thing, and has always been. We shouldn't need to introduce a rule in order to enforce it.

-1 from me personally, I would love to hear a counter arguement though 🙂 this is just my point of view - please don't lynch me

Tbh I think that part of the beauty of the game is the fact that anything can happen, if for example i now cant take someone because they crashed that feels cheap.  I agree that spike-strips being used on vehicles not moving or in manner that destroys them even if they don’t drive over it should be against the rules but even then I feel poor quality RP would encapsulate that better.

I 100% agree this has happened to me and i can't pin a rule on it sometimes.  Like i would crash and down and some rebel would come steal my car or like you said a cop would see my gun on the floor or even worse i will be down and a rebel will say last words and then kill me even tho i was apart of no gunfight they just took advantage or that situation and i'm there defenceless. Also been taken hostage from downing after crashing. If they roleplayed then it would be fine but they never do.

Spiking a vehicle that is stationary that is fine, Obviously withing reasons. Not to troll around. 
Unfortunately due do arma physics, The spike strip take out tires instantly instead of when the vehicle moves. 

Like i would crash and down and some rebel would come steal my car
Whats wrong with this? Stealing a vehicle is  perfectly fine part of the game.  Happens to us as cop so many times. 

i will be down and a rebel will say last words and then kill me even tho i was apart of no gunfight they just took advantage or that situation and i'm there defenceless.
This is already covered by a rule.  7.1.3  No high quality rp, Is a breach of rules. if provide high quality rp, Then its def a dickmove but nothing wrong with. 

If they roleplayed then it would be fine but they never do.
IF this happens quite a lot, Then report it. 

"I see that is a gun sir" "no its not, its xyz"
This goes the other way around as well. its not a gun, 2 Mins later shoots hobo... Makes senses does it ? 
Unforntally not every person/cop is gonna believe your rp story at all times. Cause everyone has a different opinion and perspective. 
You also don't know how many times that cop heard the same excuse. i am fixing the alarm... but sir you are the 5th person fixing this alarm today... 
Roleplay is something you cant plan into details. they are always gonna be numerous facts that will not go the way you want. but sometimes they create funny things. 
Funny experience, And sometimes this might upset you or get you angry. I don't know if you remember but we had some time ago a very good rp session, Were i gave you a CSI Suit. I could easily gave the excuse sorry we don't have suits anymore out of stock or something. but i did not do it cause, i enjoyed the rp. and Gave that as some reward for the rp. And as was fitting your story very well. i dont think a powergaming rule is needed. Cause it will cause more issues then it is going to resolve. 

While I have several disagreements I can see that it was just a silly 3am thought. Suggestion withdrawn. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back