Experience the Altis Life
keyboard_arrow_right
ALTIS LIFE
GTA RP
DAYZ RP
TEAMSPEAK

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

Tadeusz Triton

Remove scrap ability for vehicle ^5m

Question

Tadeusz Triton

Remove scrap ability for vehicle ^5m

Brief Summary:

Remove the ability for everyone and anyone to scrap vehicles that cost above 5 million.

Detailed Suggestion:

I propose that the scrapping of any vehicles that cost over 5 million should be removed. Its hard to work up the money to get certain vehicles. It can take a lot of time and effort to get them. We should not have to shit ourselves everytime we want to use it.

The Pros:

Get to enjoy the fruits of your labour.

Gives the rebels a nice thing in a way that isn't gunfight related.

Will encourage others to do runs that are bigger in distance.

The Cons:

The tears of 1000 scrap hungry cops.

Will remove some of the risks associated with particular runs.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Yeah I believe it would if implemented. Picture it, you've sweated out for hours in the game. Behold your brand new VTOL all shiny and chrome it gets stole by some hobos who kill you. New life you can't remember it got stole right? It doesn't get reported and gets scrapped. More than likely it got used for something naughty. Later on you find that a cop has got one. If was on the house for him. Even later a poseidon member, who, by rights has to make money has got one for a discount. Meanwhile you the rebel who paid full price gets shat on. This server has already got to the point where it was practically just two whitelisted factions and some diehard rebels who have now moved into the factions. Is it right the first faction you come into when you join the server, pays the highest prices for guns, gear and vehicles on a frequent basis with absolutely no guarantee that protection can be afforded for that time given to play the game and gain enough money to actually mean something. for example gets robbed. Dies. Say that was 100k loadout. Car crash. Dies. 150k loadout. Gets hit by a car. Dies. 200k loadout. Lands in a town gets shot. Dies. 300k loss. Police find that helo later. Scrapped 275k gone. This can all happen over the span of 2 hours or less for a rebel. The prices for rebels is currently under review due to the sheer refusal for rebels to accept them and call them balanced. Its time the rebels were given a win. Poseidon getting a new base. Police got a new prison and have other things in the pipeworks.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

18 answers to this question

Hammah

seems legit, whip out my blackfish and do some poseidon weed runs and when the cops do show up and bust me, it gets impounded!

• Haha 3

Rice Krispy
10 minutes ago, Hammah said:

seems legit, whip out my blackfish and do some poseidon weed runs and when the cops do show up and bust me, it gets impounded!

I mean, technically it would be impounded as evidence anyway 

Hammah
1 hour ago, Rice Krispy said:

Yeah if this was real life, it would be impounded, not sent back to the persons garage

Simon Ross

If this was to be done there would have to be some sort of cool down on vehicles instead - maybe for vehicles over 5m when “scrapped”they just become inaccessible for different lengths of time. For example 5m=24hours, 10m=48hours 15mill=72hours ...25mill =120hours -this is based off of half price tho. 
that way a majority of vehicles will be lost for a significant length of time - prompting ppl to buy new ones if they want to do their runs, whilst not being gone forever 

this would also need to have a way of checking how long your vehicles are lost for - possibly a pad at Airport/NPAS/the p.d

• Like 3

Rice Krispy

Just create an impound somewhere where you gotta pay a fine or break your vehicle out 

• Like 3

Jefke V

In real life, The vehicle gets confiscated. And wont go back to the owner either. 
And then people take it out with no risk either. Now they at least think about the risks. 

• Like 1

Simen

What a joke of a suggestion 🤣

What happened to no risk = no reward mentality. If you remove the risk, this game will become fucking boring. Try thinking of the actual cons next time ya?

• Like 6

Simon Ross
47 minutes ago, SI Jefke V said:

In real life, The vehicle gets confiscated. And wont go back to the owner either. 
And then people take it out with no risk either. Now they at least think about the risks. 

It is still a game as well - yes there should be a risk however - perhaps a length of time where the vehicle is not in the garage. 

Taru - 2 weeks (illegal vehicle so should be gone a long time) 

Huron - 1week

Blackfish Infantry transport - 1week 5days

Blackfish Vehicle transport - 3 weeks 

could be changed to longer if wanted - but 1 week without a Huron would lead people to purchase another still because people would cba to wait whilst losing money - 2 re gears and you would be down nearly a mill - you can easily lose a million + a day as a rebel 

• Like 2

MrLongSlong

No risk no reward , part of the fun is looking into the night sky while picking weed wondering wether or not that 3 humming birds with benches fully blacked out is cops or some over enthusiastic rebels.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • PagChomp 1

Tadeusz Triton
7 hours ago, Tadeusz said:

2 hours ago, Simen said:

What a joke of a suggestion 🤣

What happened to no risk = no reward mentality. If you remove the risk, this game will become fucking boring. Try thinking of the actual cons next time ya?

The tears of 1000 scrap hungry cops.

Will remove some of the risks associated with particular runs.

Yeah open your eyes next time. 👀🙃

Nalurah

I definitely understand the reasoning behind it as the loss of a blackfish has made people quit the server before. The impound lot suggestion is something that has been mentioned before and something I am quite a fan of. Make cops drive a vehicle to a location to scrap it (impounding can still be done on the spot). It can add an extra challenge to both cop and rebel life to stop vehicles from being scrapped.

Being able to buy back a vehicle from the scrapyard within a certain period of time would be interesting too. The price of a buy back being about 10% or something of the original price of the vehicle.

• Like 1

Simon Ross
43 minutes ago, Nalurah said:

I definitely understand the reasoning behind it as the loss of a blackfish has made people quit the server before.

Too true, and same goes for newer players losing lesser value vehicles. I remember I quit the server a few years back when I was new after my Mohawk got scrapped, and was left with nothing left, and the only reason I came back was due to an IRL mate who had found it himself and bought me back.

Qrow
6 hours ago, Hammah said:

Yeah if this was real life, it would be impounded, not sent back to the persons garage

8 hours ago, Rice Krispy said:

Being able to impound with a release fee would be nice...like another suggestion way back when...

Have the release fee for vehicle auto set to 40% of the vehicles current shop price so like £12 million. Much cheaper than a new blackfish but high enough that you won't risk breaking the law again with it and still sinks £17 million total on top of your blackfish cost. 

Tie it into the police armoury.. for every release fee paid your guns and magazines are paid for until the release fee money runs out. 
Wouldn't take that long to run £12 mill down with how much faction members get killed. 

Not suggesting making police pay more for their guns than they already do ~

• Like 3

Simon Ross

@Qrow It would heavily incentivise scrapping then however, and police would becoming extremely scrap heavy - so imo it should have to be 25-30% that you have to pay due to police obviously wanting to then scrap more stuff for little reasons. 

they would do shit like *huron landed within 1km of city* let’s scrap cus illegal and can get gear payed for for the next 4 days - they would take the piss

Aethon
4 hours ago, SI Jefke V said:

In real life you don't respawn, balance > realism

Qrow
48 minutes ago, Simon Ross said:

@Qrow It would heavily incentivise scrapping then however, and police would becoming extremely scrap heavy - so imo it should have to be 25-30% that you have to pay due to police obviously wanting to then scrap more stuff for little reasons. 

they would do shit like *huron landed within 1km of city* let’s scrap cus illegal and can get gear payed for for the next 4 days - they would take the piss

You didn't read my suggestion. Impounding with release fee =/= scrap

Nalurah

Might be worth writing a new suggestion with the updated changes as the initial suggestion is getting downvoted so much that I fear it will just be skipped. I like the discussing and suggestion for some changes for more balance.

Tadeusz Triton

Suggestion has been withdrawn.