Experience the Altis Life
keyboard_arrow_right
ALTIS LIFE
DAYZRP
TEAMSPEAK

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

Nalurah

Drug Field Notification

Question

Nalurah

Drug Field Notification

Brief Summary:

Give the Drug fields a similar alarm system to banks/fuel stations.

Detailed Suggestion:

Basically similar to the Banks and Gas Stations that when someone stops shutting it down we get a notification. Similar to when someone stops robbing a location for the cops. Right now the fact that we don't have a end of shutdown notification can be (and is) abused. So to balance things my suggestion is to make it the same as the alarms that banks and fuel stations have. Would make sense that these locations have alarm systems.

The Pros:

Balance; makes it the same as banks and fuel stations.
Prevents people from trolling by tapping it and running.

The Cons:

-

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

It does change the balance but for the better. Right now the fields are used too often to troll.

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Hype 1

18 answers to this question

Mr Gray

no reason why not, seems only logical to have

• Like 2
  • Hype 1

Vicky Smith

The amount of times (some) police have gone, tapped it with shutdown and stopped to get a gunfight has been unreal recently. It’s just boring. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Bowen Orion

Mega plus one! this is a serious issue.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

LastNickLeft

+1,  sounds like something that can be easily abused.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Nebb

Seems good bet there’s some way to abuse it

SI Jefke V

Well, they should not abuse it. We as NCA usually use this as a tactic. to distract poseidon, To get our main mission complete. 
At the moment the fields itself are OP. ANd i think Poseidon should do some work to protect it. i overheard a conversation where i guy was saying
that they wait till police is offline to do runs with their huron, So they have no risk. SO i have to disagree here with a easier alarms system. 
Most of the time rebels alert you if we arrive on the fields.  

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 5

Vicky Smith
26 minutes ago, SI Jefke V said:

Well, they should not abuse it. We as NCA usually use this as a tactic. to distract poseidon, To get our main mission complete. 
At the moment the fields itself are OP. ANd i think Poseidon should do some work to protect it. i overheard a conversation where i guy was saying
that they wait till police is offline to do runs with their huron, So they have no risk. SO i have to disagree here with a easier alarms system. 

That’s only because certain NCA members literally just go to the weed field with a few of them to get Poseidon there for the only intention of a gunfight. Poseidon protect the drug locations well. But it’s just boring having the same NCA members turning up every 15 minutes some restarts just for gunfight after gunfight after gunfight. Which cause Poseidon to just leave them. Because there is no roleplay at all on police half. 

• Facepalm 1

SI Jefke V
3 minutes ago, Vicky Smith said:

That’s only because certain NCA members literally just go to the weed field with a few of them to get Poseidon there for the only intention of a gunfight. Poseidon protect the drug locations well. But it’s just boring having the same NCA members turning up every 15 minutes some restarts just for gunfight after gunfight after gunfight. Which cause Poseidon to just leave them. Because there is no roleplay at all on police half. 

(3.7) Baiting - Baiting for the sake of a gunfight is not roleplay.

Once again i see 
accusations, But never i see people bringing this up to me. Or report it on the forums. 

Simon Ross
1 hour ago, SI Jefke V said:

where i guy was saying
that they wait till police is offline to do runs with their huron

This guy is better off doing diamonds at that time than weed, as he will earn half of what he does when 5+ police are online - so they really aren’t that OP

Nebb

When feds are Offline weed is crap

Mr Gray
5 hours ago, SI Jefke V said:

How has the man in the huron got anything to do with this suggestion? How would you be aware about the fields and rebels alerting us, typically it’s 50/50 between rebels and the alarm.

With the logic presented if we don’t get notifications when someone stops shutting down the field because police can use it as a tactic then posideon should have the same when it comes to banks, etc. We start it then leave to finish our “main goal”

• Hype 1

Busterguy

Should just change colour or something on the map when police is shutting down. (Could also then alert rebels that own the trade pass that police are at that location).

Nalurah
6 hours ago, SI Jefke V said:

Aren't you in this sentence alone kinda admitting that you are abusing it under the guise of a tactic? Could just be me but that is how I read it.

See it as similar to the Fuel Stations and banks, what if rebels robbed the RBA International but to distract their allies set off every bank on the island as well. But you never get the signal that they ended the robbery so you need to send a patrol to every location. Quite annoying isn't it?

• Like 4
  • PagChomp 1

SI Jefke V
1 hour ago, Nalurah said:

Aren't you in this sentence alone kinda admitting that you are abusing it under the guise of a tactic? Could just be me but that is how I read it.

See it as similar to the Fuel Stations and banks, what if rebels robbed the RBA International but to distract their allies set off every bank on the island as well. But you never get the signal that they ended the robbery so you need to send a patrol to every location. Quite annoying isn't it?

Abuse it ? lol We dont do evere week ... Yes we do this very occasionally, As a tactic to draw your attention away. basically the same when poseidon rob all the gas station at the same time. Or do we need to start loosing our shit every time someone triggers the HM alarm? 

Rice Krispy
49 minutes ago, SI Jefke V said:

Abuse it ? lol We dont do evere week ... Yes we do this very occasionally, As a tactic to draw your attention away. basically the same when poseidon rob all the gas station at the same time. Or do we need to start loosing our shit every time someone triggers the HM alarm? 

I mean, it’s quite literally impossible for Poseidon to trigger a fuel station alarm.

Very occasionally my arse, you’re on the server “very occasionally”. NCA do this multiple times a day and your now ex dnca did this multiple times a restart.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

SI Jefke V
35 minutes ago, Rice Krispy said:

I mean, it’s quite literally impossible for Poseidon to trigger a fuel station alarm.

Very occasionally my arse, you’re on the server “very occasionally”. NCA do this multiple times a day and your now ex dnca did this multiple times a restart.

I am very pleased you are interested in my personal schema, But i can tell you i have in the last 7 days 14hrs of NCA patrol. Now when i play and how much i play. 
Has nothing to do with this suggestion, So next time you better tell us why this actually is a needed suggestion. 

• Facepalm 2

Rice Krispy
19 minutes ago, SI Jefke V said:

So next time you better tell us why this actually is a needed suggestion. 

It has already been stated why it’s a needed suggestion and backed up by yourself where you have publicly admitted to abusing the current system. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

Nebb
4 hours ago, Rice Krispy said:

It has already been stated why it’s a needed suggestion and backed up by yourself where you have publicly admitted to abusing the current system. 

🤦🏼‍♂️

• Facepalm 2