Experience the Altis Life
keyboard_arrow_right
ALTIS LIFE
DAYZRP
TEAMSPEAK

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

Busterguy

Allow Poseidon to place multiple fields

Question

Busterguy

Allow Poseidon to place multiple fields

Brief Summary:

The suggestion is to allow multiple fields of the same type to be placed by Poseidon but to balance this make it so every time someone harvests, it decays the field and eventually a new one will need to be placed.

Detailed Suggestion:

So currently there is one field that can be placed and it does not take long for police to find where it is.
This then results in everyone just farming the same field and you can end up with 7-8 trucks and helis at a time in once place.

I suggest to make it so Poseidon can place multiple fields of the same type, but to balance this have a limit of so much weed that can be harvested before it decays and is removed.

The Pros:

More realistic.
limits people doing 0 risk weed runs at 5AM when no cops or Poseidon are online
Gives more for police to do as we will need to use intelligence to find the fields more often.

The Cons:

depending on how much people do runs, Poseidon might not be able to keep up with replacing the fields so numbers will need to be look at for a fair amount that can be harvest before it automatically decays.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Yes but the changes have a counter to make it still viable on the server.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Simon Ross

Just be mindful it costs a dealer + 100k for each field, as well as requiring a dealer + to actually place it. It would have to last a decent while to justify it - maybe approx 2 days before it gets all used up at least 

1 hour ago, Busterguy said:

limits people doing 0 risk weed runs at 5AM when no cops

Also I have seen this mentioned elsewhere. Weed when less than 5 cops online is not a viable run. Diamonds pay more, and honestly are higher risk at these times as well. You can barely get 700k from a hemtt with less than 5 cops, whilst diamonds is nearly 1 mill. 

• Like 3

Busterguy
44 minutes ago, Simon Ross said:

Just be mindful it costs a dealer + 100k for each field, as well as requiring a dealer + to actually place it. It would have to last a decent while to justify it - maybe approx 2 days before it gets all used up at least 

Also I have seen this mentioned elsewhere. Weed when less than 5 cops online is not a viable run. Diamonds pay more, and honestly are higher risk at these times as well. You can barely get 700k from a hemtt with less than 5 cops, whilst diamonds is nearly 1 mill. 

I get your point and with this new suggestion I said the numbers could be looked at. So depending on how many time a new field will need to be placed the price can go down if its felt like its needed.

In terms of the 5 cops I did not realise that also applied to high grade weed, but on the other hand I know some people store it in a house or gang base and will then sell at the dealer when the required amount of cops log in.

Thanks for the feedback 🙂

Ollie5239

I like the idea but say there are 3 fields up at once, one will almost always make an easier or shorter run, so you'll still have the same issue of trucks piling onto one field. Then when that best field gets taken down or used up, everyone will just move to the next best one.

It would provide a nice alternative for rebels when there is a cops vs poseidon gunfight at one of the fields though.

Busterguy
2 minutes ago, Ollie5239 said:

I like the idea but say there are 3 fields up at once, one will almost always make an easier or shorter run, so you'll still have the same issue of trucks piling onto one field. Then when that best field gets taken down or used up, everyone will just move to the next best one.

It would provide a nice alternative for rebels when there is a cops vs poseidon gunfight at one of the fields though.

Yh so the best field will go down quicker and it will be more of a hotspot for rebels and police so if want to try and play it a bit safer you can go to one further away.

But at the end of the day it will be upto Poseidon how they place them. Ideally you will want 3 fields say 4-5km from the processor in a circle around, that way they are the same distance.

• Like 1

Ollie5239

yeah i think it's a super good idea. Got a taru? go to the far field! less risk basically same time. Hemmt? close field but avoid those cops.

would be fun and interesting

+1

eden g

I personally think its a great idea! but i do agree with @Ollie5239 on the fact that people will most likely just aim for the closest field in order to speed up their run and make it easier travel time wise but aside from that i can see it giving both police and posiedon more things to do and players more of a choice in how they do their runs and plan out their runs.

Jaffa

This can already be done (non-decaying of course), just with different kinds of fields. I don't think allowing the same kind of field would help with variety of runs either.