What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

DayzRP Open Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator
DayzRP Open Source

Brief Summary:

My suggestion is due to the fact we have now two active projects that our development teams are working on (Altis Life & GTARP) rather than look and to recruit a development team for DayZ is to take a different approach with DayZ development to what we have ever done before, My suggestion is a community suggested open source project which will mean our DayZ server will be a community ran server/project.

dayzsunset.jpg.38c0be2151f39289acf1d261eecf7f0d.jpg

Detailed Suggestion:

To start with I do not have all the answers this idea is less than 24 hours old so also looking for some input in this thread.

[SIZE= 12px]As you can see recently while keeping Altis Life our main focus, we are putting motion into our long term goal to be a Roleplay Platform as announced in the George domain announcement video of 2016.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]The Idea is a open source Github where players with some coding knowledge submit updates based on what the community has suggested either as a new feature or something they have seen on the steam workshop which they think would add to the server, This is a new approach that I am putting out to the community to not only see the interest in this suggestion but also see if we attract any community members who would be willing to based off of approved suggestions in a DayZRP suggestion forum add features either from the Steam workshop or custom made.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]A good idea would be to appoint someone or a few people with development knowledge to approve all submitted changes and make sure things are moving in the right direction and any reported bugs are fixed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Some might say well if we did this someone would come along and launch there own server using the files if its public, That's correct they might do but not only is that a shitty thing to do they do not have the community and players like we do so the server would not be the same, They would also be very lazy seeing no doubt most of the content for this project will come from existing mods on the steam workshop![/SIZE]

What improvement will this make to our Community:

We will have a new Roleplay stage in DayZ which will give us new Roleplay opportunities and attract new Roleplayers to interact with, A buzz around the community that we have all contributed to a new project and if its successful this could lead to non complex projects in the future taking a similar approach.

[SIZE= 12px]I look forward to your input and your thoughts on this suggestion.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually hopped on the dayz server last night. Kinda annoyed I could not find any food and thus died but that's not the point 😂

This could be an interesting project for the community and can really show to people out there just how good this community is and what we can make.

@Bob Wilkinson, @Roberts and I have already been looking into some DayZ things code related. I've been looking into mods a long time too now and could make a pack if needed later on. For now we've been getting used to the new features in the DayZ Tools and such. 

@Bob Wilkinson, @Roberts and I have already been looking into some DayZ things code related. I've been looking into mods a long time too now and could make a pack if needed later on. For now we've been getting used to the new features in the DayZ Tools and such. 
Didn't expect much interest in this from within as DayZ as its own playerbase... one it will be worthwhile to tap into seeing the numbers have been higher than Arma for a while there is a small Roleplay playerbase there.

I am however impressed to see 3 people from within possibly willing to be part of a community dev team and code for DayZ RP, So there is hope in building our community on this platform, I will get the suggestion forums up tonight like i planned for DayZ RP in the meantime let me know if your interested in getting something started by PM and we can get some wheels turning!

Unfortunately we cannot opensource DayZ, this is because most the .PBO files cannot be unpacked without getting a new key which can only be provided from the mod developers, due to this nature we have decided against this as there is no feesable way of doing it.

We do apologise! 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back